Team-BHP - Brand New Engine for M800/Omni for Rs.10,000 !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Brand New Engine for M800/Omni for Rs.10,000 !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/15992-brand-new-engine-m800-omni-rs-10-000-a.html)

When I went to the Maruti Dealership, I've seen a banner about full engine replacement for M800/Omni for Rs.10,000 + Labour Charges. When I inquired more, they told me that the whole engine will be replaced and the engine will be brought back to the showroom condition. :)

Is it a better a option for those who are on a shoestring budget and don't want to part with their good old M800/Omni ?

lol:Although I know that money should also be spent on suspension etc...

Team-BHP-ians opinions are welcome....

Can i fit this MPFI engine (i suppose) onto my Carb M800?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite

Hi,

This scheme was being offered in Mumbai approx 2 years ago as well, do not know if it still is. You are basically going to get just the head and the block not the wiring, sensors, ecu etc, etc.

@Mithun - If your engine is not in a good shape and needs overhaul then this is a very good option since you are getting a fresh block. 100% recommended.

Viper

Can someone find out if this scheme is available in Pune too?

how does one sort out the RTO formalitieis re: engine change

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
how does one sort out the RTO formalitieis re: engine change

The old engine number is stamped on the block and the new one erased/smudged out. Very common practice used by all those doing engine swaps.

@ Moralfibre - Just call any maruti service centre and he will confirm. BTW are you not from Poona.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper
Hi,

This scheme was being offered in Mumbai approx 2 years ago as well, do not know if it still is. You are basically going to get just the head and the block not the wiring, sensors, ecu etc, etc.

@Mithun - If your engine is not in a good shape and needs overhaul then this is a very good option since you are getting a fresh block. 100% recommended.

Viper

Yup as viper mentioned u get only the block,pistons,crankshafts,connecting rod.The valves+head remain the same.This is know as "Half Engine"in the service station terms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun
When I went to the Maruti Dealership, I've seen a banner about full engine replacement for M800/Omni for Rs.10,000 + Labour Charges. When I inquired more, they told me that the whole engine will be replaced and the engine will be brought back to the showroom condition. :)

Is it a better a option for those who are on a shoestring budget and don't want to part with their good old M800/Omni ?

lol:Although I know that money should also be spent on suspension etc...

Team-BHP-ians opinions are welcome....

why not ?? why not, i say, if u r that senti about the old hag, keep her & have fun...good luck, pal ;)

Hi friends,

Will tell you about my experience of engine overhaul on my 800 (travelled about 120k km. 1987 Japanese model). It used to give out black smoke from the exhaust / carbon deposit on spark plugs / sluggish pick up / engine oil vanishing from engine oil within 1 week of top up. We got it overhauled from MASS and after 6~7 days, we got the car back. After some do's and don'ts for few initial 2000 km, I started noticing that car's oil is still vanishing, but no smoke / no carbon deposit etc.

I would PERSONALLY recommend that you go for a NEW ENGINE BLOCK. I have personally seen this since 1999 in Delhi, but you will have to go to a BIG MASS WORKSHOP like COMPETENT MOTORS on Gurgaon/Mehrauli road. Price is same - Rs 10K + labour and it takes about 1~1.5 days for a change (i.e if they have the part readily available).

Thanks & regards

Passion4cars

My question wasnt answered. Can my carb engine be replaced by MPFI engine under this scheme?

Quote:

My question wasnt answered. Can my carb engine be replaced by MPFI engine under this scheme?

Hi,

Which part of my reply did you not understand. i think I clearly spelt it out to you. In simple english NO.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper
Hi,

Which part of my reply did you not understand. i think I clearly spelt it out to you. In simple english NO.

Viper

Ok. Didnt read the head and block part properly.
Thanks for reply.

And i dont think this scheme is available in Delhi anyways..

Quote:

from what i know, the entire wiring needs to be replaced, if u opt for a mpfi engine..best thing to do would be to replace with the same type

Even after getting a fresh block, will it create any headcahe in the long run ?

Any idea how much a total engine swap will cost? (mine is a carb '92). Though the engine in mine is basically in good shape. But would love to swap it with the 4 valve engine which used to be available. (But,sadly, I think the total cost of the engine+new gearbox would exceed the cars entire resale value :().