Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2006, 13:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN
my previous car was a 1998 model zen.... i had taken it to 150...(without a.c ofcourse...)
it went to 130 without any problems... i floored by acclerator and it wasnt going up... so i switched off my a.c, changed to focus to road... and after some time i looked.. voila... i was doing 150.... and just to check,
Quote:
i switched on a.c while doing a 150.
.. the speedo just jumped to 130... (my old zen engine wouldnt take that much load....)
that could have killed ur ac, pal...never switch it on at high revs
Old 28th November 2010, 14:26   #32
BHPian

Replying to a very old thread.
But a 162 kmph on the wagonr lxi.
Old 28th November 2010, 20:35   #33
BHPian

Nice to see someone revive a really old thread with a really interesting post.

162 eh? I am impressed by the accuracy of the figure you stated. Think you are using some sophisticated equipment to measure the SPEED. Because I really dont think the Wagon R speedo is that accurate.
Old 28th November 2010, 21:43   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

do you really think your wagonR is capable of transporting you and your family SAFELY at speeds of 140Kmph etc?
without ABS, Airbags and any of the more modern safety features, coupled with an extremely light steering, short little fiddlywheels and an overall tall boy stance and high centre of gravity, if you ask me, going at anything over 100 is a recipe for disaster!
I would urge you to consider the value of your life and those of your passengers before attempting a land speed record of sorts in your WagonR. also have a thought for other road users including some regular joe truck, bullock cart, stray person/ animal, motorcyclist or other car which may or may not be sharing the public road at the same time as you are.
worth taking care my friend - lest you create an irreversible situation which you cannot handle.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 28th November 2010 at 21:46.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2010, 23:07   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
do you really think your wagonR is capable of transporting you and your family SAFELY at speeds of 140Kmph etc?
+1.

I own a WagonR (Done 68k kms), and i really dont think 120+ is comfortable territory!

It can do 100 all day, but anything near and above 120kmph is testing luck, if there is any need for sudden braking, lane changes etc. This is not only the case with WagonR, but most tall-boy hatchbacks!
Old 28th November 2010, 23:14   #36
BHPian

I own this tall boy since 4 years now (LXI Model -45500 kms till date). I drove on all sorts of road. Typically on express highway like bangalore - Chennai (with lot of curvy roads) - my maximum speed was 125 km/hour and for better straight roads (for eg: NICE road) it was 135 km/hour - All these on 5th gear of course and AC ON. Never tried to accelerate beyond 135 km/hour since 135 km/hour speed itself was very scary for me. I am not sure how guys who accelerate more than 135 km/hour can hold their nerves on this tall boy?

That said, my personal experience was you can get best out of your Wagon R at speeds of 100 km/hour - Thats it. To the best possible i always try to stick to 100 km/hour and rarely accelerate beyond 120 km/hour

Last edited by lazybrain : 28th November 2010 at 23:17.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks