Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2015, 13:44   #1
BHPian

Water leakage in Mercedes E350 (W212)

Hi everyone,

I have been facing this problem randomly for a while, the water is seeping inside the right side driver foot well. Also, the roof on that side is also wet, i suspect that the water is coming through the roof drains of the car. This morning it rained heavily in Delhi, and in the morning I almost cleared up 3-4 liters of water from inside the right side of the car.

Has anyone faced similar problem or heard of it?

I am really skeptical of sending the car to service center, I am sure they will just rip me off with loads of unnecessary replacements.
Old 2nd March 2015, 14:02   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Water leakage in Mercedes E350 (W212)

It is quite possible the drainage pipes are blocked. Open the roof, pour some water around the area and see if it drains, if not, you need to unblock the pipes. I do not know where it is for Mercs but google can help!

More on sunroofs here
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 14:09   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Water leakage in Mercedes E350 (W212)

I'm not a MB owner but since this problem is specific to a particular model a simple search I did took me to a link in MB world http://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w2...body-else.html This could help you out.

According to this the car has a storied history of leakage exactly as you've mentioned, accumulating in the driver foot well. Possibilities are a blocked drain pathway by debris like leaves, sand etc or one of the several interior plastic panels and joints connecting the outer metal shell which might've become loose over time and hence letting in water from outside when its being washed or when raining. The A-pillar panel seems to be trouble prone according to this.

Last edited by dark.knight : 2nd March 2015 at 14:16.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 16:17   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Water leakage in Mercedes E350 (W212)

This can be cause mainly due to 2 reasons;

1) As everyone said that the drains must be blocked so best is to sort that issue and after the issue is solved see that the car is not parked under a tree cause, 'dried leaves' are one of the most common reasons for such blockage to happen.

2) The car must have been parked on a slope or an angle, this will sometimes not drain the water out and cause water seepage in the interiors. (Faced this in my Skoda Laura few years back)

All the best
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2015, 10:56   #5
BHPian

Re: Water leakage in Mercedes E350 (W212)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the support and suggestions. Yeah, I too googled and figured out the sunroof drainage problem. It was totally blocked. Fortunately I have air compressor in factory for high pressure jobs. So that did the trick. Simply plugged a nozzle in a hose pipe and inserted into the drain holes, and all the small debris came out of the bottom of the car.

So far the same problem hasn't occurred in these 2-3 days of rain!
sidharthg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks