Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2013, 08:47   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

I wouldn't even try it in my new cars though. They are complicated with sensors monitoring a lot of things and wouldn't want to mess with them, lol.
Completely agree with you, modern cars with so many sensors this oil treatment can be too risky.
Old 8th September 2016, 20:33   #167
BHPian

Re: My Experience Of Adding 2T Oil In Fuel

So, i discover this thread after 10 years. But then i figure i still have an "old mill" Bolero DI 2007. Is it ancient enough to try the additives?
I recently tried ABRO. It did clean the injectors a bit, since it reduced the knocking. Need to get the fuel system cleaned up anyway.

-- Torqy
Old 8th September 2016, 20:53   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
I recently tried ABRO. It did clean the injectors a bit, since it reduced the knocking. Need to get the fuel system cleaned up anyway.
Try using System-D from Iftex or LiquiMoly's diesel fuel additive.

They are much better than Abro.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 12:25   #169
BANNED

At one time 20L petrol and 4oz of Upper Cylinder Oil used to be common. No more, in fact UC oil does not exist. Remember any oil like 2T can adversely impact the Cat Converter system, so better be careful. System G or Addon are designed for modern engines 2T may not be.
Old 21st September 2016, 11:42   #170
BHPian

Hi, I drove my Xylo E6 from Vashi to Amritsar for friend's son's wedding in May 2014. Journey up was great and on the way down just exiting the Udaipur bypass I filled up at a Bhp bunk and the the NVH levels went up drastically. The car touched 100kmp with great difficulty and at higher Rpm . The stretch thru ghats of Dungarpur was bad. I bought a quarter lit of 2t oil at the next pump , and put it in the diesel and topped up the diesel to the brim . Engine note changed within no time . Nvh levels dropped remarkably and I could manage the fast drive in fading light to the outskirts of Ahmedabad without any hassle. Next morning The journey from Ahmedabad to Vashi was smoother with addition of the 2t oil in the next diesel fill somewhere near Vapi. Though I drove faster as this stretch is almost all expressway , I achieved better fuel efficiency. Than the Udaipur to Dungarpur stretch which I was doing at about 75 kmpl on an avg. I have been lacing my diesel with a bit of 2t oil now and then without any problems. It does make the motor smoother and quieter and does enhance the fuel economy. On highway runs I feel it is safe to use small proportion of 2t oil in diesel specially when the available fuel quality is suspect.

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 21st September 2016 at 11:47. Reason: Typos
HIGHNOON is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 12:08   #171
BHPian

I found this interesting academic paper on the effect of adding 2T oil in diesel.
It concludes that while 2 T improves the lubricity of Diesel, the recommended 200:1 (Diesel:2T) doesn't affect the lubricity much. The problem with 2 T is that it contains Zinc and can foul injectors.
Fouling of injectors leads to reduction in fuel flow which leads to loss of power in the long run. This will not damage the system but won't improve it either.
I guess the improvement in lubricity can be beneficial for power and FE in cases where the fuel is adulterated and has poor starting lubricity. The refining process for diesel desulphurisation also removes some of the organic compounds that help diesel maintain its lubricity.
Old 21st September 2016, 12:29   #172
BHPian

@ 80 ml of 2T oil to about 40 litres of diesel ( assuming one usually fills before the reserve fuel light comes on) , should not adversely affect either the injectors or the cat con or other sensors I suppose . More so in case of frequent high speed highway runs . It may increase lubricity for functioning of pump . In older di / Idi the increased lubricity may even help the mechanical injectiors( nozzles) .
In modern Common rail di engines overuse or overdose may lead to fouling up the cat con , certain sensor readings and the injectors and also adversely affect emission levels specially in vehicles which spend most time idling in traffic .
in high speed long highway drives the 2T oil doses may actually be better for the life of your engine .
Old 26th September 2016, 11:34   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
... my Xylo E6 ...
even I have Xylo E6, current ODO is 161500 KMs.
have tried few times adding 2T small amount (40ml pouch) in diesel tank full (55 Ltr), and indeed the highway run was bit smoother, FE I cant really didnt notice much change just because of 2T.

moreover, I have even tried combo of 2T + Additives (AddonD / Abro / STP / SysD), and overall result was a big smoother drive, but really didnt increase the FE.
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 13:49   #174
BHPian

Hi Pranav , I too did that initially bought a box full of System D, Indian oil ( made by Total , France ) . Used to lace diesel with 1 Sache of the additive plus 80 ml sache of 2t . On highway runs to Nashik and Baroda clocked 16kmpl on ac on a number of occasions . Ran out of the additive ( had got it at bargained rate from IOC bunk CBD Belapur ) . Smoothness pickup was noticeably better . The same concoction worked well for me on my safari TCic and indigo TC. Strangely didn't do much in the quadrajet vista so didn't pursue in that .
In xylo, 2T it always worked well as I was having to do highway runs once a week atleast.
Old 19th April 2020, 18:44   #175
BHPian

Anybody still adding 2t oil in their diesel cars?
I tried it out recently on my sx4 ddis and I can for sure say it sounds a lot more quieter and runs more peppier .
Just thought I would add to this thread.
Old 20th April 2020, 07:48   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Anybody still adding 2t oil in their diesel cars?
I tried it out recently on my sx4 ddis and I can for sure say it sounds a lot more quieter and runs more peppier .
Just thought I would add to this thread.
Hi, I still frequently dose diesel for my current Storme Vx 4*4 with 2T oil. I also used it in my previous car xylo with 2.5 lit M-eagle engine and also in CNG fitted 1.6 lit Logan and ertiga green.
I felt that it helped reduce the nvh levels and made the cars feel much better tuned. I dose fuel with the 2T oil almost every time when filling diesel from rural bunks and also if the engine is running a bit rough .
In my opinion, it improves fuel economy significantly when driving on expressway . In the city traffic it does make the car feel peppier as you mentioned.
However I did not feel it made any noticeable difference in the 75 ps multijet powered vista ( sold in 2017) . So I do not use the dose in my current 90 ps Zest Amt.
I think it does make a difference for the better in both the low compression xylo engine as well as the high compression Cummins in storme.
But the most difference i have noticed it made was in the 2 lit Cummins engined first gen. Safari . It seemed to help quieten the mechanical nozzle noise as well as reduce the pump noise. It made the agricultural tdi engine feel ....almost refined.😀
Old 20th April 2020, 08:09   #177
BHPian

I do not know the technicalities of the bs6 fuel but I am just dosing 2t to just ensure some lubricity of the pump and injectors. The car definetly feels quiet and can also feel the fuel pump hum reduced so am just thinking its probably helping. I have been using injector cleaners for the last 30k kilometres and recently when we did the injector return check all four came to exact same quantities.
Old 20th April 2020, 08:32   #178
BHPian

I think after the Bs6 fuel becomes prevalent , the 2T oil in small doses in diesel shall be even more relevant to add lubricity to the injector and pump.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks