Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2006, 22:23   #46
BHPian

2T making difference

hi.. i just wanted to know. if there is this works good for the two wheeler... i mean for my 4 stroke Honda Dio...
Old 19th September 2006, 14:24   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bablue
hi.. i just wanted to know. if there is this works good for the two wheeler... i mean for my 4 stroke Honda Dio...
Dear bablue,

I tried it in Honda Activa & scooty pep & many other bikes/scooters......it makes bike very smooth & increases performance......

Enjoy.....
Old 17th October 2006, 20:57   #48
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone here know what effect 0.8 ml/per ltr of 2T has on the cat convertor of the vehice? Especially diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning
Dear bablue,

I tried it in Honda Activa & scooty pep & many other bikes/scooters......it makes bike very smooth & increases performance......

Enjoy.....
Old 19th October 2006, 01:23   #49
BHPian

and how it affects the Fuel Economy of the vehicle. anybody measured that? please share with us.

thanks
Old 19th October 2006, 12:26   #50
BHPian

Measuring FE benefit precisely with tiny addition of 2T or acetone is really difficult as there are so many parameters that afffects fuel economy like base fuelcondition of cardriving habbitroad traffic & so onbut however we can come to any conclusion only by consistant accurate observation.I found that with addition of acetone we can easily get inprovement in FE within 3 to 4 tankful by at least 10%also after adding 2T oilengine performance becomes very smooth2T oil contains PIB which imparts lubricity to fuels(petrol & diesel)infact it makes fuel slight lubricantthis had added benefit the way fuel travels from tank to injectoralso PIB has the ability to suppress formation of very very tiny fuel particles which otherwise evaporate fast to ignite earlier then rest of fuel particlesso this prevents irratic combustionthis is reflected in very smooth drivingnow this might get better FE as almost all fuel now take part in efficient combustion but this aspect need to be checked consistantlyI dont think this have any adverse effect on catconI m using in many vehicles & drove at least 10k km with these additives which are easily available & beneficialone must understand the scientific reason behind each these liquids.

Enjoy

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th January 2009 at 20:55. Reason: see note in post
Old 20th October 2006, 20:41   #51
BHPian

with this thorogh and scientific explanation by FineTuing its looks like worth experimentation. but i will do that later in few months. right now my chevy baby is already on finetuning's Acetone dosages

cheers....
Old 21st October 2006, 10:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

I recently acquired a 2004 December Scorpio Glx after hiving off my Esteem LX. Apart from this I have a 4x4 Safari of 1998 vintage. While the concoction of Acetone + 2T in the ratio of 1.5:0.8 per Ltr of fuel works quite well in the Safari, the same is not true for the Scorpio.

So I had to experiment and then settled to 0.8:0.8 for scorpio and have done two treatments till now. This seems to be giving the desired and expected results in terms of smoothness & better pick-up. Hope it is not the case of a psychological...!! Haven't checked the FE though, since waitng for a long journey. City driving gives erratic readings on FE depending on the traffic pattern of that day.

Does anybody here has experienced a similar phenomena? Inputs are welcome..
Old 21st October 2006, 14:31   #53
BHPian

Dear gd1418,

Your experiment finding correct ratio of acetone is wonderful.........infact you are very much right with your findings.......every engine has different combustion chamber & burning characteristics.....keep using both at 0.8:0.8 or you can try 1:1 also.........in no way gain from using acetone+2T is psychological....its the hard fact but one must experiment then comment.....also in no way such tiny amount is harmful........this experiments are much better then mechanical modifications because they work at the root level of combustion where there is tremendous scope of improvement.........keep us updated with your findings too.....

Enjoy.......
Old 24th December 2008, 11:14   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning View Post
Addition of 2T oil in fuel enhances movement of fuels inside fuel lines also reduces smoke......I have good experience in many of my friends different car running on lpg............most of them having mpfi esteems........after adding tiny amount of 2T oil in petrol & driving car for few km.......they observed that when they switch to lpg......there is remarkable improvement in smoothness of the drive....already with lpg car normally runs very smooth compared to petrol.....but they observed that after using 2T oil performance in lpg has been improved......this might be related to lubrication of valve seals & lubrication of pistons rings....with lpg this aspects tends to seems improving giving more smoothness......

Enjoy........
Can anybody share some information on driving a LPG car for some kms on petrol with 2t and/or acetone additives ? what are the benefits ? I have heard that lpg is a dry gas and lacks the lubricating property of petrol so will adding 2t to petrol and driving for a few km each day help ?
Old 26th December 2008, 20:38   #55
BHPian

Hi,
This is what I m doing since long.It difinitely helps improve smoothness & performance in LPG after running few Km with this combination.
Old 26th December 2008, 20:57   #56
BHPian

i've been readin through the thread, and just want to ask, what about just using the premium type petrol?
Old 24th January 2009, 21:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning View Post
Hi,
This is what I m doing since long.It difinitely helps improve smoothness & performance in LPG after running few Km with this combination.
Hi ,
How long you been using this both in terms of duration and milage ?
And how old is your car ? Its said to cause damage to exhaust system. If you been using long enough and still are ok, then it must be a myth
Pls let me know as i would not mind trying it on my LPG accent.
Used to do it on my old Diesel Uno and it definitely helped. but then diesel is usually a less complicated setup and more hardy .
Old 25th January 2009, 18:38   #58
BHPian

Hi HIGHNOON,

If this worked well in your UNO then beleive it will work well in LPG.

My car oddometer shows 1.28,000 Km & i m running with these combination since last 20,000Km without any issue.Whenever I forget adding into petrol,I feel lack of smoothness & slight drop in power.2T is too sticky/slippery oil so even after we drive few km in petrol with these we get smoothness & power for longer time.This may be called residual effect.

I havent found any damage to my exhaust system.
Old 26th January 2009, 00:26   #59
BHPian

Hi !

Thanks for your feedback.
My mechanic who spent almost a decade working on mercs , nissans , isuzu, datsun & gmc pickups used to swear by it. I dont know if that time before 95 , so many cars had catcons? The mercs must be having surely...
Anyway, I have realized that though the LPG performance has been terriffic , the engine note seems a little more gruff than before ( 22500 km back ). I do make it a point to drive quite a bit on petrol which has in itself good lubricity , its not quite like driving on petrol alone. the dry burning gas must be choking the valves etc. of all lubricity.
So if it helps you , i am game for it.
BTW( sorry its off the topic ) i filled yesterday at a HP company outlet at BKC , power in my indigo and the pickup has reduced drastically. Engine note totally diff. Maybe i ought to stick with normal unleaded instead of wasting some 60 bucks per fill more and use the 2T formula.
What proportion ( 2t to petrol do you recommend ?)
Shall post feedback on use.

Gracias !
Old 26th January 2009, 06:11   #60
BHPian

Since no one has mentioned this:

Acetone is known to deteriorate cheap plastics and other substances. While the components in a car's fuel system should be of high quality, and thus immune to any deleterious effects from exposure to acetone, be aware that "ideal" is not always the case in practice. Be advised that not all systems have been tested against acetone. Until such thorough testing has been accomplished and certified by a accredited authority, you assume your own liability for experimentally testing acetone in your particular system.

Just fyi!

Most Viewed