Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2009, 14:54   #61
BHPian

[quote=Atlblkz06;1145054]Since no one has mentioned this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wasnt referring to adding acetone in petrol. just plain simple 2t oil in a small dose with the fuel.
Since LPG is primary fuel for me now , the fuel costs are bit down as it is.

@finetuning !
what proportion of oil to fuel do you suggest ? And fuel is normal unleaded i assume !
thanks !
Old 29th January 2009, 13:00   #62
BHPian

Hi Fellas!
1. I was thinking of putting the mixture 0.80 ml of 2t oil/litre of petrol , may I put [HP Racer 2] 2t oil in my Apache RTR as I want to get rid of the vibes ,

2. also do we have to put acetone along with it or as an alternative to the 2t oil.
3. Will it harm bike's engine in long run

Thanks in Advance !
Old 30th January 2009, 11:10   #63
BHPian

Still waiting for a reply !

Whats the problem fellas ! I am still waiting for a reply to my query ?
Old 30th January 2009, 13:04   #64
BHPian

Hi Rahul,

Reducing vibration bcz of engineering/mechanical/design problem is difficult.But adding just 2 ml per lrt in normal fuel will difinitely add to smothness of drive.You can add acetone in the ratio of 2ml per ltr with these.But if you are talking of vibration after 60kmph in RTR then difficult to comment.Just try it.
Old 30th January 2009, 14:03   #65
BANNED

All this is fine. Has anyone looked at the emissions. I see that the 2T addition is unlikely to add much to the emissions, and may even reduce them. How about Acetone?
Old 30th January 2009, 14:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

Skoda?

Hi,

I used to use 2t (Castrol super TT) for several years esp. on long drives. I wonder if anyone has used it in the Skoda Diesel engines and what the results were.

Cheers and thanks in advance.
Old 30th January 2009, 15:28   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
Hi ,
How long you been using this both in terms of duration and milage ?
And how old is your car ? Its said to cause damage to exhaust system. If you been using long enough and still are ok, then it must be a myth
Pls let me know as i would not mind trying it on my LPG accent.
Used to do it on my old Diesel Uno and it definitely helped. but then diesel is usually a less complicated setup and more hardy .
2T oil will leave plenty of carbon deposits in your exhaust. no one here is mentioning since i guess few here are familiar with 2 stroke bikes. but if you've owned one you will know that de carbonizing a 2 stroke exhaust pipe is quite a job.

as for acetone, as someone mentioned it's an industrial solvent for plastics. someone told me that he had tried it in his high compression 4 stroke bike to prevent knocking. it worked moderately well BUT, the problem was that various fuel lines began to corrode unusually fast.

MODS: there are a few such threads out here on t-bhp by fine tuning. they are all unconventional methods which are not proven conclusively (read car bibles website if you don't believe me - you'll have your answer). the only proof he gives us is that he *felt* it increases power. note that he's also experimenting on a 100k+ motor.

now it's nice that he's doing all this and providing info for free, but given that there's no proper scientific proof for any of this don't you think that putting it out here will cause someone to have a bad experience? yes people are doing it at their own risk, but the chances of someone doing something potentially risky is increased JUST because it's out here. please take this issue seriously.
Old 30th January 2009, 17:13   #68
Senior - BHPian

Well, if you ask me, its not just about 2t or acetone! The net, and forums specifically are full of junk/dangerous advice and also valuable advice. Its upto the individual to be able to differentiate. This would apply to all threads... why single this one out??

IMO, there is nothing wrong with someone experimenting and posting his results. Nobody is forcing anyone to try it out.

Last edited by Raccoon : 30th January 2009 at 17:15.
Old 30th January 2009, 18:26   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Well, if you ask me, its not just about 2t or acetone! The net, and forums specifically are full of junk/dangerous advice and also valuable advice. Its upto the individual to be able to differentiate. This would apply to all threads... why single this one out??

IMO, there is nothing wrong with someone experimenting and posting his results. Nobody is forcing anyone to try it out.
yea i know there's no force but when you run a forum you should take some responsibility for the fact that some people take advice put out here quite seriously. for the simple reason that they assume anything out here is credible.

you (as a mod/admin) can of course just shrug your shoulders and say "i didn't endorse and neither did the original poster get sponsored so whoever takes the advice better watch out - i can't take responsibility". and you won't be wrong. OR you can have a little concern over credible (by and large) info being on your website and mod it accordingly so you REDUCE the chances of mishaps. after all when we have rules like 2 smilies per post only, i'm sure at least this one makes some sense.

why did i pick this thread? not just this one but this whole thing of trying out various snake oils - because these are marathon threads with alot of VERY unconventional advice being meted out. and LOTS of people (going by the hits on these threads) likely to try some of these methods - methods which could end up in expensive repairs for a lot of folks.
Old 31st January 2009, 00:37   #70
BHPian

[quote=finetuning;1144701]Hi HIGHNOON,

If this worked well in your UNO then beleive it will work well in LPG.

Tried it on both Accent as well as indigo.
Perceptible improvement in both.

Added racer 2t & HP unleaded in accent & racer 2T -20 ML / 30 Lt of Power from HP in indigo.
Clocked 14.5 kmpl mumbai lonavala run full load of 5 with trunk full of heavy stuff. Did try couple of ' italian tuneup jobs ' which would have burned fuel big time. So the FE was good, so was the smoothness.
Engine sounded quite smooth and more silent in both cases.
Another thing i noticed on Accent , seemed to have a little more torque and little less knocking while picking her up on high throttle.
Shall continue to used 2T oil every third fill. Shall keep you posted ...
thanks buddy.
Old 31st January 2009, 10:59   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
2T oil will leave plenty of carbon deposits in your exhaust. no one here is mentioning since i guess few here are familiar with 2 stroke bikes. but if you've owned one you will know that de carbonizing a 2 stroke exhaust pipe is quite a job.

as for acetone, as someone mentioned it's an industrial solvent for plastics. someone told me that he had tried it in his high compression 4 stroke bike to prevent knocking. it worked moderately well BUT, the problem was that various fuel lines began to corrode unusually fast.

MODS: there are a few such threads out here on t-bhp by fine tuning. they are all unconventional methods which are not proven conclusively (read car bibles website if you don't believe me - you'll have your answer). the only proof he gives us is that he *felt* it increases power. note that he's also experimenting on a 100k+ motor.

now it's nice that he's doing all this and providing info for free, but given that there's no proper scientific proof for any of this don't you think that putting it out here will cause someone to have a bad experience? yes people are doing it at their own risk, but the chances of someone doing something potentially risky is increased JUST because it's out here. please take this issue seriously.

I have been adding 2t oil in my car(s) when on long drives for 20 years now and I can swear that it cleans the airways etc. on the intake side, the plugs also come out cleaner, the exhaust is not affected in any way. Here I must confess that I never used it for urban use, perhaps the continuous high volume of exhaust gases cleaned the exhaust system automatically. In any case a nice long drive at high speeds always cleans out the exhaust system. When the silencer of my lambretta or jawa sounded like they were full of carbon I would take them out for a nice long spin on the highway and they would always come back sounding clearer (something like inducing a cough to get rid of phlem).

Incidentally I must point out that it is not the 2T oil that creates carbon deposits, it is the two stroke system itself, the carbon comes from the burning of fuel and inadequate flushing of the detrius from the combustion.

Every person reading the threads on this forum would be best advised to read their owners manual first, particularly the terms of the guarantee and warranty. Most modifications and many deviations from standard operating procedures prescribed therein would invalidate the warranty.

Besides that a thorough reading of the threads in the forum will show several posts from members, particularly the mods, advising that the best course of action is to follow the advice of the manufacturer and / or a qualified expert. There are other indications herein to clearly indicate that this is a forum for discussion based on personal experience and does not claim to be either a scientific or technical journal much less advice that is commercial in nature.

Cheers,
Old 31st January 2009, 20:29   #72
BHPian

[quote=;1152074]
@ Ravveendrra. Very Nicely put.
As i said before the improvement is quite easily ' perceptible' in the engine performance. I definietly didnt imagine it.
Secondly following just the manual does not in any way guarantee longevity of any component. Damn thing conks when it has to inspite of all the care and money thats gone in it.
It may damage my exhaust system / cat con or it may not but on a 5 yr. old car which has worked on only its primary fuel , what guarantee can we get about how long the thing would last anyway.
Not viewing it in a negative perspective. But surely IMHO anything that works or sounds so well ( engine note ) would not be bad for the engine atleast.
My accent is again very silent , can hardly make out if the engine is on like it used be some 23000km before.
And if it is good enough for you for 20 yrs , i ll just take my chance with it.
Old 1st February 2009, 12:48   #73
BHPian

can 2T be used with system G/iftex in LPG based cars where petrol is used for starting and initial running ? I am asking this because I have been using System G in my car and would like to experiment with 2T , so can I add 2T to fuel already mixed with System g or should I exhaust the existing fuel in the tank before using 2T ?
Old 1st February 2009, 14:49   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I have been adding 2t oil in my car(s) when on long drives for 20 years now and I can swear that it cleans the airways etc. on the intake side, the plugs also come out cleaner, the exhaust is not affected in any way.
Cheers,
Are you referring to your Fiat petrol cars, or the diesel Laura? Do you consider 2T better than iftex system d or system g?
Old 1st February 2009, 17:50   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask77 View Post
can 2T be used with system G/iftex in LPG based cars where petrol is used for starting and initial running ? I am asking this because I have been using System G in my car and would like to experiment with 2T , so can I add 2T to fuel already mixed with System g or should I exhaust the existing fuel in the tank before using 2T ?
I guess you wouldnt neeed to exhaust the remainign fuel. And i put 20 ml of 2T with 30 lts. of Power in Indigo and 20 ml of 2T with 30 lts. of unleaded in the Accent. Both seemed to work well. Need to try both things on one car to really know the difference both cars behave so differently , its very difficult to compare performance.
Why dont you try
1) 2T mixed with normal unleaded
2) 2t mixed with unleaded petrol laced with system G / some other additive
3) 2T directly with premium / power petrol.

And pls. give us feedback.
It sure as hell is not going to cause any adverse effect in any permutation on the engine itself. so no need to use up the fuel already in tank INMHO.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks