Team-BHP - Hard surface
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Hard surface (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/16131-hard-surface.html)

The person who is cleaning my car 4 days on an average keeps complaining the surface of my car is very hard. He is cleaning more than 20 cars daily in my office ( he's a driver too), which include 5 other Swift's.

One of my friend too complained about this to me this evening. But I don't find this as much of a problem as it doesn't affect me in anyways. He placed another Swift next to my car & asked me to feel the body. I had never tried this & to my surprise I could feel hell lot of different in two cars.

If we watch it very closely, we could see very very very minute dots & could feel if the fingers were rubbed against the body. The same goes with all the mirrors too, mirrors in front back & side windows. Rear view mirrors are exception.

What could be the reason for this? How to bring back the smooth surface?

Car polish is one solution. I had enquired & got the details that machine polish will cost Rs.700 & hand polish will cost Rs.400. Also he suggested to going in for 3m polishes, which will cost Rs.15k & will last for 6 months.

But my main worry is on the front windshield, how to remove that hard surface on these mirrors?

PS: My car is 14 months old & black in color

Surprise,

there could be two reasons for the surface being rough...

One possibility is paint sprays getting deposited when you touch up a part of the body. since you say your car is only 14 months old, and assuming you have not had any accidents/touch-up so far, we can rule out this possibility. Also, this will not be present on the windshield and uniformly all over the surface of the body....

the most probable case is sediments from environment, like water spray or tree sap etc. This gets deposited uniformly on the car's surface and will be hard to notice. you can only feel it when you run your hand against the surface. I think this is the problem you have... check where you park your car daily. This is normally easy to remove with a good wash, try something like the Amway car wash or any other good car wash. You can also use the windshield cleaner to get rid of the deposits from your glass area. If the wash does not get rid of the deposits then you might have to go for the rubbing-polish solution. In my experience, a skilled painter doing a polish job by hand is better than a machine polish, but guys like those are very hard to find these days.

Hope this helps....

Regards

Sri

suggest you go in for a Hand Polish pref Turtle wax or Waxpol..This will remove a small layer of paint taking away any deposit, However before anything..Get your car washed and shampooed at a good car wash to remove traces of any hard dust...!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
placed another Swift next to my car & asked me to feel the body. I had never tried this & to my surprise I could feel hell lot of different in two cars.

If we watch it very closely, we could see very very very minute dots & could feel if the fingers were rubbed against the body. The same goes with all the mirrors too, mirrors in front back & side windows. Rear view mirrors are exception.

Beware your car must have been sprayed with paint. I had this problem when i was in chennai. I parked my car in elent software city and went back to kerala and came back after two days. it was raining and i felt the wiper wasn't workig fine. infact the whole windshield and on close examination found that whole body was sprayed with some sort of paint like stuff. it was grey in colour. these were tiny dots and cannot be distinguished from a distance. you know the metro overhead rail line and they do paint the sides. the colour is the same. i went to Santro service in thiruvanmiyur and the guy told there are vehichles coming with the same complaint and it is the paint. i told this story to many friends and one by one started telling their story. whoever was using the roads parallel to the rail line was affected. i tried my best to remove those and those are very stubborn. the service fellow used some chemical (he guarantted that it will be reomved with minimum damage to paint). i took the car back in night. next day on close examination i found there was more to be removed. i took the local stain remover from a petrol pump (there was a guy selling this on petrol pump opp to bsnl office near adyar depot). painstakingly removed the dots over period of months taking area by area. this was a bit risky knowing that some damage might happen to paint gloss. but there was no other way otherwise to repaint the whole car. but now my car is fine. i tried all sorts of turtlewax products to remove it. but all in vain. talk to chennai friends. they might have the same stories. BTW which colour is your car? silver is best match for the dots. no one can identify these dots.