Team-BHP - water condensation in oil tank?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   water condensation in oil tank? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/16235-water-condensation-oil-tank.html)

recently my car has started indicating that my brake fluid is low..i mean it indicates that way...so when i chkd it up it was pretty much in the normal limits...also chkd for loose connection ...but dint find any...it always lights up especially when im indicating...that is left or right...dunno wats the problem?
i also chkd for other oil levels but found that they all had condensed water...is it safe? is it normal? wont it affect the overall lubrication of the parts?...

First, if the brake oil light is blinking in the console, check out the oil level switch that's attached to the brake oil reservoir. Also check the handbrake lever/switch.

Second, water in oil is NEVER good. If you found water in the engine oil, check it out at your nearest company workshop. Perhaps you just have a leaky head gasket.

Third; which car do you have? Might be easier to diagnose if you specified the model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels
recently my car has started indicating that my brake fluid is low..i mean it indicates that way...so when i chkd it up it was pretty much in the normal limits...also chkd for loose connection ...but dint find any...it always lights up especially when im indicating...that is left or right...dunno wats the problem?
i also chkd for other oil levels but found that they all had condensed water...is it safe? is it normal? wont it affect the overall lubrication of the parts?...

please specify what car u drive ...water (condensed or not) should not be present in the oil at any stage. please get the oil changed.

ikon flair...and the condensation is present in all the tanks...ive checked...the brake and the transmission...is it required to change the oil and get it dried up or some process like that to remove all the water droplets?

Quote:

Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels
ikon flair...and the condensation is present in all the tanks...ive checked...the brake and the transmission...is it required to change the oil and get it dried up or some process like that to remove all the water droplets?

I really don't understand..
How did you check water in transmission oil?
How can water condense in brake oil?
How do you see water droplets?

Is there no water in engine oil then?

it was indeed water drops...i askd the garage fellow who i showd it to that fellow said the gasket or seal was a lil faulty in both....the rubber was a lil damaged as i think the guys at ford dint chk for the quality after it came back frm the floods last yr...i mean they cleanedf it up but ignored the sealing....now will hav to take to wasan ford fellas and get it fixd...

better get it fixed fast. u cannot have water mixed in oil.