Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2015, 08:54   #16
BHPian

re: Maruti Dzire Petrol: Engine problems

Its not EGR value, unless they were referring to PCV valve.

Last edited by GTO : 15th April 2015 at 12:52. Reason: Please share the details here. A PM helps 1 person, a public post helps 1000s
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 09:55   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyk View Post
It all started with me noticing that the engine wasn't holding revs when idling.
It went from 1200 rpm to 800 rpm, then the ecu kicked in and corrected that, and it went back to around 1200, only to start losing the revs again.
Looks like incorrect/inconsistent fueling. Just check the MAF sensor and fuel filter.

Quote:
I also noticed that power delivery had become rather sluggish, especially in the 3rd and 4th gears.
+

Quote:
On a drive from Mumbai to Ahmedabad, I noticed a strange burning smell coming from the car at speeds over 110km/hr.
Send to be clutch on its end of life. Get it checked.

Quote:
Subsequently I had to top off the engine oil once because the check engine light came on, with the strange smells persisting.
Engine oil top up = Check Engine Light (CEL). IMO and AFAIK there is no connection with both whatsoever.

For the CEL all you should have done is connected the car to an OBD reader or Suzuki Diagnostic Tool which will point out what could be the reason for the Check light to appear.

If the light still persists get it checked right away.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 12:56   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Dzire Petrol: Engine problems

Seems to me that you need a good mechanic more than the Maruti service station. They appear incompetent and your car is anyway out of warranty. Why even waste your time there?

Please go visit Sunil Shanbagh with your car- directory entry.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 21:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Seems to me that you need a good mechanic more than the Maruti service station. They appear incompetent and your car is anyway out of warranty. Why even waste your time there?

Please go visit Sunil Shanbagh with your car- directory entry.
Thank you.
I really need a good mechanic. Will check this out once I'm back in Mumbai. 😃
Old 15th April 2015, 22:20   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sounds like very sound advice to me! Make sure whoever you go to, they have an OBD analyser and know how to use it!

A good, competent mechanic will not break out his/her spanners when you come with a problem. They will hook up their laptop to your car first!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 23:03   #21
BHPian

Gut feeling says its something with the ignition/timing system. Can be the Coil as Jeroen says or can be something in the head. Check the TBHP directory for the nearest reliable FNG and take his opinion.

Should of course take it up with MSIL strongly about the ASS taking your for a ride and rid them of their happiness.
vinayrathore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 23:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Sounds like very sound advice to me! Make sure whoever you go to, they have an OBD analyser and know how to use it!

A good, competent mechanic will not break out his/her spanners when you come with a problem. They will hook up their laptop to your car first!

Jeroen
Thanks.
Will keep all of this in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Gut feeling says its something with the ignition/timing system. Can be the Coil as Jeroen says or can be something in the head. Check the TBHP directory for the nearest reliable FNG and take his opinion.

Should of course take it up with MSIL strongly about the ASS taking your for a ride and rid them of their happiness.
If I get it looked over in Mumbai, I'll probably visit the mechanic GTO recommended, and if I go to someone in Ahmedabad, I'll check the directory for references first.

As for contacting MSIL, this whole sequence of events happened back in the last few months of 2013. Quite a bit of time has passed, and it'll be a huge hassle with little to no results.
I should've persisted back when the servicing was first done, but the pressures of final MBBS exams and then internship made the car a secondary issue for me at the time.
Old 16th April 2015, 19:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Add Thane to the list if so inclined and you could take it to "Thanewala" in Wagle Estate. They are a MASS and further designated as MSM. Make sure you have a detailed session with the service manager before handing over the keys.

Quote:
If I get it looked over in Mumbai, I'll probably visit the mechanic GTO recommended, and if I go to someone in Ahmedabad.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks