Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2015, 12:36   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Terrible Chevrolet Beat Diesel experience: Problems with engine, suspension & air-con

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I've sent him a link to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I say this considering this car is generally selling well
Selling well? The Beat is a flop at 1,200 units / month. Poor performance considering its price & the fact that it has a diesel engine (not all hatchbacks do).

Quote:
I see they have changed parts, tried to troubleshoot and done quite a bit from their end to solve the issues faced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
So many parts have been changed, apologies from chevrolet india and a complimentary extended warranty is a positive thing.
End of the day, what matters are results. Is the issue resolved? No. 7 dealer visits up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I advise him to look for external service centers who can fix the turbo issue
His car is still under warranty. It's understandable why he's not keen on visiting an independent garage.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 13:24   #17
BHPian

Re: Terrible Chevrolet Beat Diesel experience: Problems with engine, suspension & air-con

I have been through this before. Please see the beat diesel ownership thread for the list parts replaced on my 70000 km run 2012 beat diesel LS. Fed up with it i tried to sell this car for getting something like a ritz diesel but the resale value is so poor that i was quoted Rs 2.3 lakhs.. Selling at this rate is financially viable for me and now i am stuck with this car.
Old 6th June 2015, 08:14   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- Unresolved issue: Engine reluctant to start & move. Loses power after 60 kph. Parts replaced include air sensor, air filter, turbo hose, turbo metal hose, wiring harness & fuel pump. No solution yet. 'Check engine' & 'malfunction indicator' lights are on. 7 dealer visits up.
A simple scan of the ECU using an OBD 2 reader would give out data regarding the CEL/malfunction light problems. But Chevy is least bothered to take efforts to solve issues and retain satisfaction of the customer rather loosing it.

All the unresolved issues mentioned could have a direct or indirect link to the CEL/malfunction light that is appearing.

Quote:
Chevrolet / dealer unwilling to check the turbo.
Now that's another reason to start suspecting Chevrolet/dealer for selling the customer a lemon. This guy needs to go the legal way to get things sorted out. Politeness and humble behaviour doesn't work with such dealerships.

Quote:
When the car was 2 weeks old, there was an air-con refrigerant leak. A/c evaporator replaced.

Full front suspension replaced, due to defect in on-road behaviour & noise. Dealer took 3 weeks to source parts from the factory.
These two points clearly say how lemon-istic the car was. Sad state of affairs.

Quote:
In light of the troubles faced, Chevrolet gave him a complimentary 2 year extended warranty. Good in thought. But what is the point of a warranty if the issues remain unresolved?
This is like adding salt and pepper over the wounds created by the dealer.

A suggestion to Chevrolet:

Please shut your dealership's, sell your factories/manufacturing units, lay off your staff or may be send to other manufacturer dealerships and have a good sleep. You guys aren't fit for selling or making cars worthy to be trust-able by people.

Why make people's life tougher as it is already and lemons are best to taste as a drink and NOT as vehicles to own!
Old 7th June 2015, 07:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace69 View Post
I have been through this before. Please see the beat diesel ownership thread for the list parts replaced on my 70000 km run 2012 beat diesel LS. Fed up with it i tried to sell this car for getting something like a ritz diesel but the resale value is so poor that i was quoted Rs 2.3 lakhs.. Selling at this rate is financially viable for me and now i am stuck with this car.
You need to first decide what you want-peace of mind or money.I would suggest sell off the car as you are at least getting the present quoted amount.In due course of time you wont get that too.
I would rather sell of the car for good because I don't want to drive a car with a constant fear of a breakdown.
What I dont understand,AFAIK the chevy diesels barring the tavera (has a Isuzu unit) cruz and captiva are basically Multijet units (engine was co-developed by Fiat and GM).Why is it so that the engines are failing whereas the multijets have proven their reliability. I myself have a swift DI.
Old 8th June 2015, 07:40   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace69 View Post
Fed up with it i tried to sell this car for getting something like a ritz diesel but the resale value is so poor that i was quoted Rs 2.3 lakhs. Selling at this rate is financially viable for me and now i am stuck with this car.
I can understand your problems and sorrows but isn't it better to get rid of the car ASAP and get a new reliable, trustworthy car before the value depreciates further that week increase your losses more.

If dealers are quoting low figures, why not look at colleagues or friends who are in need of a second car or so.

Most Viewed