Team-BHP - Poor performance of my 2005 Oct Esteem VXi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Poor performance of my 2005 Oct Esteem VXi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/16463-poor-performance-my-2005-oct-esteem-vxi.html)

Hi,

Can some one give me good suggestions or address of the best Esteem Mechanic in Bangalore.
Thanks, Babu

your car is under warranty. why dont you write to Maruthi, if you are not satisfied with the MASS ? i can give you a contact in Hosur. he is a honest & trustworthy guy. pm me if you are interested.

your 2000 model would have been a carb one, which returns better FE in the city. by all means, MPFI should give better FE on the Highway. get it checked soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babupaul
Can some one give me good suggestions or address of the best Esteem Mechanic in Bangalore.

1. If your car is under warranty, vist the mandovi showroom in Vijaynagar. The service is very good and i personally recommend them to other maruti owners. I've got my cars serviced by them for the past 3 years.

2. If your car has no warranty, it must be playing stubborn lol: so it is time to get the issues fixed and mod the hell outta the baby.... best ppl to contact would be psycho or RAC thru Wolf.

All the best !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover

your 2000 model would have been a carb one, which returns better FE in the city. by all means, MPFI should give better FE on the Highway. get it checked soon.

As much as i know the Maruti Esteem BS-!! (MPFI) cars were available from around JUNE-2000. I say that since i myself own a Sept-2000 ESTEEM VX MPFI which is currently doing duty in the tourist sector.Carb Esteems were also available during that time.

His earlier car could a a Carb Esteem or an MPFI as well. BABUPAUL, kindly confirm:)

just check if the plugs on the sensors are loose, it is sounding like you got your idle sensor plug loose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya

1. If your car is under warranty, vist the mandovi showroom in Vijaynagar. The service is very good and i personally recommend them to other maruti owners. I've got my cars serviced by them for the past 3 years.

2. If your car has no warranty, it must be playing stubborn lol:

I am sure his car is under warranty coz he has mentioned that its an October 2005 Esteem. So its not even a year old and as far as i know the Esteem comes with a warranty of 2 years/40k kms whichever comes first.

So unless our friend Babupaul has not done more than 40k kms (which looks very unlikely), i think he can claim warranty for the problems that he is facing.:)

Babupaul,

How many kms has your car done? If it is not much then you need to wait for the engine to free up before the average improves... in any case, it is not *too* bad, do get the car checked at a MASS though.

My 2001 Esteem (MPFI) with 82Kkm on the odo gives me 12 - 13Kmpl in the city without the AC and around 17 cruising on the highway at 80Kmph... she never gave me 21 ever! We also have a '96 carb Esteem in the family that gives 11Kmpl in the city and about 13Kmpl on the highway (without A/C).

You should also be aware the the MPFI Esteem has taller gearing than the carb version, esp. 4th and 5th gear... you may need to drop 1 gear lower to get the same "oomph" in acceleration as the carb version while overtaking on the highway... not really a problem once you get used to it.

The high idling thing... aah... that's a quirk with MPFI Esteems (at least BS-II) and I think many other MPFI Marutis. If you have time, just let the car warm up (while idling, dont touch the accelerator) for a minute or 2 (till the temp. gauge reaches the "C" mark) ... then drive normally. If you dont have time to wait for the engine to warm, then u can drive off immediately, but try not to use the accelerator till the temp gauge reaches the "C" mark... easier said than done! ... ok, if u used the accelerator before the engine got warm, the ECU will be confused and keep revving the engine; but dont worry, the next time you stop and let it idle (without accelerator) for 5 - 10 seconds, the RPM will drop to normal values... if you dont want to wait even 10 seconds when you stop; switch off the engine and restart... RPM will be normal.

Welcome to the quirks of the Esteem ECM! :)

- T u r b o C -

completed 12,500kms on this. let me get to this guy next to Atria hotel, called Fast track, heard he is good. any suggestions please keep it rolling,

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_c
Babupaul,

How many kms has your car done? If it is not much then you need to wait for the engine to free up before the average improves... in any case, it is not *too* bad, do get the car checked at a MASS though.

My 2001 Esteem (MPFI) with 82Kkm on the odo gives me 12 - 13Kmpl in the city without the AC and around 17 cruising on the highway at 80Kmph... she never gave me 21 ever! We also have a '96 carb Esteem in the family that gives 11Kmpl in the city and about 13Kmpl on the highway (without A/C).

You should also be aware the the MPFI Esteem has taller gearing than the carb version, esp. 4th and 5th gear... you may need to drop 1 gear lower to get the same "oomph" in acceleration as the carb version while overtaking on the highway... not really a problem once you get used to it.

The high idling thing... aah... that's a quirk with MPFI Esteems (at least BS-II) and I think many other MPFI Marutis. If you have time, just let the car warm up (while idling, dont touch the accelerator) for a minute or 2 (till the temp. gauge reaches the "C" mark) ... then drive normally. If you dont have time to wait for the engine to warm, then u can drive off immediately, but try not to use the accelerator till the temp gauge reaches the "C" mark... easier said than done! ... ok, if u used the accelerator before the engine got warm, the ECU will be confused and keep revving the engine; but dont worry, the next time you stop and let it idle (without accelerator) for 5 - 10 seconds, the RPM will drop to normal values... if you dont want to wait even 10 seconds when you stop; switch off the engine and restart... RPM will be normal.

Welcome to the quirks of the Esteem ECM! :)

- T u r b o C -

YOu are right on the target bro, even i have experienced the same issues with my BSII Esteem Vx so i started a thread for the same and got the same info from all the gurus from the board...

@ babupaul
Dude i think its not a major problem just get use to it there is some difference in accerleration between a carb and MPFI esteem, if you still think that there is some issue then get your car tuned..