Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2005, 18:24   #16
dev
BHPian

I have Ikon dark Green. it has plenty of scratches.
Do u guys know how I can reduce this? And the vehicle body is not so smooth.

What should I do now?
thanks..
Old 29th April 2005, 11:44   #17
BHPian

ANyone here used this Aussie brand called Cut & Polish or something like that?
I have been using Formula 1 for a numbner of years and of late i see a serious drop in the quality of their polish, Its just not the same anymore.
Tried turtle wax.... Naaah.
Although T-Wax Dasboard polish is the Tops
Simoniz is the best i have used but dont know whero get my hands on it
Also where in B'Bay and near bandra can i get 3M polish??
Old 23rd October 2005, 20:58   #18
BHPian

MGA automotive body polish

Seems long time after somebody is reviving this thread :-)

Just wanted to ask if anybody has used the MGA Automotive Body Polish. Its 175/- and available at of course all the Maruti Authorised dealers. I want to use it for my new black zen , is it worth buying and what is the standard way of using a body polish.
Old 23rd October 2005, 21:29   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I had just called them for my C Class, and they charged me 1450- for exterior treatment, interior treatment, leather seats polishing, tyre polishing et all.

Three guys come armed with "armorall" products and vacuum cleaners in all sizes. Their work is nothing short of perfection. E.g. This little guy was using cotton buds to clean my air con vents.
GTO please let me know their address and contact number. If quality is what they offer I would like to opt for their services on my car. Please give me the details.
Thanks
Old 24th October 2005, 11:38   #20
BHPian

Has anyone here tried this paint protection:

Glare
by Ultra 2000 Mfg Intl.
http://www.autopolish.net/

There is a "distributor" here in Bangalore (advt in DH 19-Oct-05)

It costs about Rs. 2,800 for a Hyundai Accent, and he says it will take 4 to 5 hours to do it.

Anyone tried this already?
Old 26th October 2005, 21:45   #21
BHPian

There was an article about this in the latest overdrive, some company called SWAS marketing launched GLARE in india. But i have been trying the phone number its constantly switched off. any idea where they are located in bombay.

Last edited by Kaizer Sozay : 26th October 2005 at 21:47.
Old 30th October 2005, 15:12   #22
BHPian

I found out this from my local car accesories dealer.

1. formula 1 car wax (yellow box)- 230gm(or oz) = 250/-
2. polyglaze car wax (black box) - 350gms - 350/-
3. STP Son of a gun - 250/-

All of them have made in USA written. Are they original ??? What are the other ways of finding out if they are original or not ?
Old 31st October 2005, 23:01   #23
BHPian

Am still waiting for the answer :-(
Else i will go and buy maruti polish , as its better to buy an original thing (even if its not great) than buying a fake thing, that will spoil the car totally !!!

How do we find if its original or fake ? (Formula 1 products) , are the prices i mentioned too low to be real ? I really dont know the true prices !!!! How is polyglaze.. i found these only in a few accessories shop. I know there is 3M and turtle too but can someone tell what they cost( weight & correspondig cost )

Old 31st October 2005, 23:57   #24
BHPian

There is this place in bombay
I havent tried them out as yet, but have heard that their work is good, the prices are listed on the site.

http://www.tpc3carcare.com
Old 7th November 2005, 11:17   #25
BHPian

the pleasure of waxing...

Finally i bought (for my father and i am also using it :-p) formula 1 carnuba wax and formula 1 protectant(since stp was not there in that shop). I took some time (3 hours), this sunday and i cleaned the car (with water) and then i let it dry, after that i applied the formula 1 car wax and then yes i wiped it off after sometime and believe me the shine is worth watching. The surface seems so smooth now, my wiping cloth glides over the surface. Its truly a pleasure waxing car and seeing the output.

Its a 2 month old car, and very rarely did people ask if it was a new car, but yesterday there were so many who came to congratulate and wish me for my "new" car :-p

I plan to polish it the next time before waxing.
I am pretty happy, i suggest everybody should wax their cars for the pure happiness in seeing the output, its non measurable. :-)

Last edited by gchandra : 7th November 2005 at 11:19.
Old 7th November 2005, 13:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Waxing

I think Rudra had mentioned how to make out the authenticity of the formula 1 wax. Check out the thread below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...9&page=5&pp=15

I have been using Formula 1 wax regularly for around 5 years now and it makes a difference. Also there is a lot of difference between the finish you get from the original and duplicate. Somewhere along the way I used the duplicate but wised up recently thanks to Rudra's post. .

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 7th November 2005, 21:15   #27
BHPian

I had read that long time back. Actually new formula 1 waxes dont have a carnuba tree motif itself. It comes with a car kind of thing. Check out this http://www.formula1wax.com/html/carnaubaWaxes.htm there is no tree itself .. so no question of sun rising !

I got a 230gm paste for 180/- is it original ? Behind the box, yes i can see some sort of flying flag (but its almost flat... ) wait i will post the images

Can someone tell if its fake or real, i know they are quite hazy images but its from my mobile, cant hope anything better.

thanks
Old 8th November 2005, 13:21   #28
BHPian

to wax or not ?

After 2 days of waxing i have realized that my car is a dust magnet. I am getting all the dust sticking on my car. I mean, i can see all other cars clean, but mine has a thin layer of (loose dust). I can blow a layer of that away, but what i wonder is that since this is a known fact, still why do people insist that waxing is the best thing possible. I guess indian conditions are waxing hostile.

Any counter views ?
Old 25th November 2005, 19:11   #29
Max
BHPian

are you properly rubbing your car after you wax ??? I noticed if you don't clean surface properly with dry cloth after waxing it remains sticky and accumulates dust. You should rub car surface properly in circular motions with dry cloth to get good results. Just my opinion though.
Old 6th April 2006, 19:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

v12, you are doing the correct thing. From my experience, I have found the car to look better over the years with regular washing and waxing. Was doing the wash-wax monthly routine on my M800 from the time we bought it in '85 till we sold it in 2004. And it did help that it was chocolate brown in color as it would gleam after the job. After a water wash (no other cleaning agents used) and drying the car properly, I would wax it (used only Waxpol) and polish till it gleamed.
Even after 20 years, the paint looked like new and the guy who bought it would not just believe that it was the original paint.
Dust does tend to accumulate more on waxed cars, but then all you have to do is use a clean cloth to dust it off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks