Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2006, 12:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Car anybody tell me where in Mumbai i can get a polishing machine. Would aprreciate if some one PM's me the phone number or a website
Old 30th May 2006, 13:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Car anybody tell me where in Mumbai i can get a polishing machine. Would aprreciate if some one PM's me the phone number or a website
Some one please throw some light on the above as well as on the polishing clay where is it available.
Old 31st May 2006, 14:46   #33

Busa

You may not require a machine for wax polish...
read this article... good luck

http://www.americredit.com/Customers...arn2WaxCar.htm
Old 31st May 2006, 16:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

hey vanee thanx so much for that link butttt i find it toooo tiring to keep going in circular motions. A polishing machine would be a good idea any idea where i can find it. Last weeks 5th Gear has a very good demo of how to polish a car.
Old 31st May 2006, 17:20   #35
DRC
BHPian

I recently bought a poilishing machine.

Well it's actually a drilling machine with polishing atachement from Bosch.

Damage 4.5K. try in Bosch tools stores in your city
Old 31st May 2006, 17:23   #36
BHPian

I've been polishing my car(red MR2) twice a week for over a year now with Meguiar's and its looks as good as new though its 12 years old now and i havent seen any negative effects till now. I have tried Turtle wax platinum also but its nowhere close to Meguiar's and you just have to dust the car with a dry cloth anytime to get a deep shine.
Old 31st May 2006, 18:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay
There is this place in bombay
I havent tried them out as yet, but have heard that their work is good, the prices are listed on the site.

http://www.tpc3carcare.com

I have tried them out. The job is pretty decent. If you really dont want to stress yourself out waxing and shining the car, then go to these outlets. The fun of getting the shine on to the car by yourself is gr8.
Old 1st June 2006, 01:19   #38
anupam9055

i firmly believe unless u have a machine for waxing tht job should be left for the professionals to do.....
i tried once and got back with both my hands locked
bad experience

Old 1st June 2006, 06:24   #39
BANNED

Can I use the electric shoe polisher as a car polisher ?

Will it provide good results ?
Old 1st June 2006, 10:17   #40
BHPian

Guys,
Any recommendations on where in Bangalore I can do wax/polishing?
Thank you
Old 27th September 2008, 12:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There is this relatively unknown service in Bombay which goes by the name of "Master Polishes". They also perform an immaculate job on the car, entirely washing/polishing the interiors and exteriors of the car. Trust me, these guys can treat the car like nobodys business. I had just called them for my C Class, and they charged me 1450- for exterior treatment, interior treatment, leather seats polishing, tyre polishing et all.

Three guys come armed with "armorall" products and vacuum cleaners in all sizes. Their work is nothing short of perfection. E.g. This little guy was using cotton buds to clean my air con vents.

Needless to say, I tied them into a contract for all my cars

GTO
I wish we had such kind of services available in Bangalore. I'd love to do all those sweet things you've mentioned on my car too without the hassle of going anywhere.
Old 30th April 2009, 20:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchandra View Post
I had read that long time back. Actually new formula 1 waxes dont have a carnuba tree motif itself. It comes with a car kind of thing. Check out this Formula 1 - Carnauba Wax there is no tree itself .. so no question of sun rising !

I got a 230gm paste for 180/- is it original ? Behind the box, yes i can see some sort of flying flag (but its almost flat... ) wait i will post the images

Can someone tell if its fake or real, i know they are quite hazy images but its from my mobile, cant hope anything better.

thanks
Hi guys,
I got a Formula 1wax tin can for 155 bucks from a accessories shop.The can is similar to the one in the images by gchandra and i wanted to know if it is a Fake or original.
I guess i am asking because i didn't find the car that shiny after applying the wax.
Thanks.
Old 30th April 2009, 20:25   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi guys,
I got a Formula 1wax tin can for 155 bucks from a accessories shop.The can is similar to the one in the images by gchandra and i wanted to know if it is a Fake or original.
I guess i am asking because i didn't find the car that shiny after applying the wax.
Thanks.
I guess these are Fakes, the shop i get them from had them in stock but told me they were fakes. The real thing is in the Rs 300 range i guess.
Old 1st May 2009, 11:12   #44
BHPian

I got this F1 polish for Rs150 and I didn't knew that time that its fake. Now I know why there was very little shine and when I applied this polish to my bike, red paint of bike was comming off, the cloth I used to buff turned slight red. So this polish is going to ruin the paint as well. Totally useless thing. I am going to use this polish on tyre now.
Old 1st May 2009, 13:36   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
I got this F1 polish for Rs150 and I didn't knew that time that its fake. Now I know why there was very little shine and when I applied this polish to my bike, red paint of bike was comming off, the cloth I used to buff turned slight red. So this polish is going to ruin the paint as well. Totally useless thing. I am going to use this polish on tyre now.
Hi hashim,
I applied the polish to the car it didnt shine the way it should however the surface did become a tad smoother.I have decided against using the wax on the paint body but it did do decent job on the alloys wheels i applied to.The surface of the alloys looks shiny and is smooth to touch.
I dont know why your paint started to come off though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks