Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2006, 12:25   #1

Water/alcohol injection

hello to everone
I want to use Aquamist kit on my twin turbo car.
But I lack some technical information about it.
Did someone used this kind of kit before?????

Old 28th August 2006, 17:25   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklavya
hello to everone
I want to use Aquamist kit on my twin turbo car.
But I lack some technical information about it.
Did someone used this kind of kit before?????

Aquamist= ??? please elaborate can you provide some url/ link to read
& which twin turbo car do your drive
Old 28th August 2006, 21:53   #3
BHPian

You can try this link it gives product info & manual for what you are looking for btw which car/engine & turbo are you running?

http://www.racetep.com/wik.html

Rocam
Old 29th August 2006, 08:46   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay
Aquamist= ??? please elaborate can you provide some url/ link to read
& which twin turbo car do your drive
Hi guyz
i am running Mitsubishi 3000Gt Vr4 (AWD,Twin turbo)
and the link for Water/alcohol injection is::
www.aquamist.co.uk

To Ford Rocam thanks for the link but I guess my car is not listed there
No Issues.
Thanks Again

Eklavya
Old 29th August 2006, 11:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

I dont think anyone here has it as yet, however I have a frriend who has built a home made kit that works similarly and has it on his turbo car, but is still not able to get it to spray a fine mist.

The logic is simple, water in mist form will drop intake temperatures and increase the volume of air being fed into the manifolds, also the added water and methanol will help in reducing knocking. In short helps your engine under high stresses.

Please check the aquamist site for further details, I do remember them having a detailed writeup on the system there.
Old 29th August 2006, 23:36   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
I dont think anyone here has it as yet, however I have a frriend who has built a home made kit that works similarly and has it on his turbo car, but is still not able to get it to spray a fine mist.

The logic is simple, water in mist form will drop intake temperatures and increase the volume of air being fed into the manifolds, also the added water and methanol will help in reducing knocking. In short helps your engine under high stresses.

Please check the aquamist site for further details, I do remember them having a detailed writeup on the system there.
OK Thanks a lot
I was Expecting your reply more than the other
anyway fun chating with u
catch u later.

Eklavya
Old 1st September 2006, 17:01   #7
BHPian

Hi Eklavya,

I m planning to construct very simple water injection system for my car......its basically adding water through fine nozzles so that intake air temp is reduced.....cool dense air give more power.....also water when turns into vapour state expands to 1500 times....so this gives added thrust to the downword movement of piston in powerstroke hence more power......water vapour has tendency to remove carbon deposits....so by using any water injection system ...slowly slowly ur carbon deposite will be less.....also with water injection system u can increase ur ignition timing......with high ignition timing setting ur car will not get knock or ping.....so u get enhanced performance......the kit u r referring is trusted name in water injection system but I m afraid it might not be available here.....main purpose of addition of methanol or alcohol is to keep water from freezing during winter season.....we might not need it here....main purpose of adding methanol or alcohol in water is to prevent it from freezing during winter....we might not need it here.....

Enjoy.....

Last edited by finetuning : 1st September 2006 at 17:08.
Old 1st September 2006, 22:45   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning
Hi Eklavya,

I m planning to construct very simple water injection system for my car......its basically adding water through fine nozzles so that intake air temp is reduced.....cool dense air give more power.....also water when turns into vapour state expands to 1500 times....so this gives added thrust to the downword movement of piston in powerstroke hence more power......water vapour has tendency to remove carbon deposits....so by using any water injection system ...slowly slowly ur carbon deposite will be less.....also with water injection system u can increase ur ignition timing......with high ignition timing setting ur car will not get knock or ping.....so u get enhanced performance......the kit u r referring is trusted name in water injection system but I m afraid it might not be available here.....main purpose of addition of methanol or alcohol is to keep water from freezing during winter season.....we might not need it here....main purpose of adding methanol or alcohol in water is to prevent it from freezing during winter....we might not need it here.....

Enjoy.....
Thanks for such a informatiion
But how often we can use this system or is it good for the engine to run it regularly,or maybe it just screw up the engine like NOS does it ur car??
thanks
eklavya
Old 1st September 2006, 23:09   #9
BHPian

If u study Water injection systems.....u will come to know that its very old technique ..Theoretically I dont think any harm using it......its mainly used for extra performance especially in racing.....however in naturally aspirated engine we can use it...

Do read these links.....

http://blizzard.rwic.und.edu/~nordlie/water_injection/

http://www.dave-cushman.net/misc/mannject.html

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_...earth/me3.html

Enjoy.......
Old 2nd September 2006, 09:53   #10
DRC
BHPian

From what ever I have understood reading various sites, you can resort to water injection when the intake air tempt has reached considerable temperature and cooling is needed, and the throttle is wide open and there is enough velocity of air (hence low pressure / vacuum), that the vapors remain without condensing into droplets by the time they reach cumbustion chamber.

This involves a bit of instrumentation and electronics, yet not impossible.

What you may need is a high pressure water pump, which can be electronically controlled, (try using CRDI pump and injectors), a bit of electronics for decision making and measuring the velocity/pressure and temperature and of course to fire the water injectors and...... a brain to put them together appropriately.
Old 14th September 2006, 23:13   #11
BHPian

Hello Eklavya,
I have used the aquamist on a honda city,evo7 and the audiTT.Dont even try to make it urself.After u see the spray from the aquamist...i dont think u will want to make it ur self.

Let me know if can be of more help.
Karan
Old 15th September 2006, 11:45   #12
BHPian

I agree with Karan.
He is going to install the water injection kit on our Accord.
Cheers
Old 25th October 2009, 19:56   #13

Water alcohol injection

i heard about water alcohol injection through internet. do any one know about it. i am planning to do a project. in diesel engine. making a normal diesel engine into high speed diesel engine. can anyone help me out?
Old 26th October 2009, 10:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

Alcohol injection help cool the in coming air charge and hence the density of the charge increases giving a better burn of fuel.
Not much of a difference in NA engine if the engine is turboed than there is an significant increase in performance. Pluse the disadvantage is you have to carry a lot of alcohol and water mixture to keep the engine running at high outputs for long time [not good for the engine]. If your looking for just boost in power for small period of time get Propane injection kit, it works wonders even on non turboed engines.
Old 11th November 2009, 21:09   #15

adding methanol in the water injection system is a plus point. because methanol is a low calorie fuel. and it requires more heat to burn. it absorbs the overheat produced in the combustion chamber and it burns. this is why 50/50 water and methanol is used for perfect performance. i think i am not wrong. please add your comments..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks