Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 23:27   #31
BHPian

check this link the part numbers are in the pdf - quote them when you go to the shop
http://www.neibearing.com/nbcpdf/new_CarJeep.pdf
Old 5th December 2009, 00:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

^^^ But these are for NBC bearings. Wont the part/bearing numbers differ with different companies?
Old 5th December 2009, 00:32   #33
BHPian

Was it NRB bearings? Don't know if that is what your require but NRB bearings is one of the leading manufecturers of bearings and a competitor of SKF and FAG.

NRB Homepage

Last edited by rock75 : 5th December 2009 at 00:33. Reason: link addition
Old 5th December 2009, 01:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

^^^ No. It is correct as mentioned. He said its NMB. I googled it... but could not find any India specific website...

Still dunno what to do. :(
Old 5th December 2009, 23:56   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^ But these are for NBC bearings. Wont the part/bearing numbers differ with different companies?
the part number in the PDF is also the maruti part number for the wheel hub+bearing
Old 6th December 2009, 00:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Oh, is it? Well check it out once again...

Finally got fed up of inuring everywhere and I need to get the car running asap, so bought the NMB stuff from Nana Peth, from National Tempo House. Cost is Rs. 750 each. They also had another brand called Mi. Never heard of it. Price was the same.

Nobody seemed to have any other bearings. Inquired at all the SKF and FAG stockists I could find on the net. The distributor I mentioned earlier said SKF does not sell this assy. in the after market. They are only sold to OEMs. So I wonder how others here are claiming to have sourced SKFs. Are you sure they are genuine? Did you buy them from an authorized dealer?

Now the funny thing is, though both are NMB, they have small difference. Some can be seen in the pics. First, the label on the round plastic box is different. The print on the bearing edge is also not quite identical, etc.

Also, they didn't even come in a sealed box/wrapper. Just a poor quality round plastic box, which is cracked a bit. The bearing+hub assy. itself is just inside a open plastic bag with NMB print(can be seen in the pic). Otherwise, the actual assemblies seem almost the same.

I have no idea if these are genuine or even if they are quality stuff. The exterior finish is not exactly top notch nor is it what I can call bad.

Any comments, dudes?

Labels on the two boxes are different:
Esteem rear bearing???-061209_0020.jpg

The print on the edge seen below is not exactly identical on both the assembiles as can be seen in this and the next pic:
Esteem rear bearing???-061209_0023.jpg

Esteem rear bearing???-061209_0024.jpg

Esteem rear bearing???-061209_0027.jpg

Last edited by Raccoon : 6th December 2009 at 00:59.
Old 7th December 2009, 19:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

No comments on these NMB bearings? :(

Just got them fixed. Mass charged Rs. 480 just for labor. Job takes about 30 - 45 mins.

Car is running smooth and quiet as before now. No apparent issues. The supervisor tried his best to assure me that wheel alignment is not necessary. However, I insisted and the rear wheels were indeed out of alignment (they were aligned at the same place during service, about 75 km earlier)! So don't forget to check the alignment after the job dudes.

I hope they last...

The original bearings are NTN. It has "Japan" printed on the rim... but not "Made in Japan".

Last edited by Raccoon : 7th December 2009 at 19:58.
Old 7th December 2009, 23:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

i don't have the latest price of original esteem bearing. but its 2006 price was rs.580/-
Old 7th December 2009, 23:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Can't be dude! Current price is somewhere around 5,500 each (rear). I don't think it can jump from 580 to 5.5 k in 3 years.
Old 7th December 2009, 23:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Believe me i have the electronic part catalogue plus the parts list of every maruti car. courtesy a friend who is a MASS owner.

only esteem zen i have very old ones.

this is the best image i can show you. even the swifts one cost 1250/- it can't be more than that.

Esteem rear bearing???-mruti-parts.jpg

Last edited by SirAlec : 8th December 2009 at 00:07.
Old 8th December 2009, 00:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Well, I inquired at 2 MASSs and one authorised Maruti parts dealer or something. All of them quoted exactly the same price! Maybe the prices have been jacked up in the last 3 years? If yes, the leap is phenomenal!! :(
Old 8th December 2009, 01:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^^ Can't be dude! Current price is somewhere around 5,500 each (rear).
Are you saying you managed to buy one set at Rs 750 while MASS charges Rs 5500 for the same ? Am I missing something here otherwise ?

Last edited by rr_zen : 8th December 2009 at 01:03.
Old 8th December 2009, 08:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Why is the print different on the same company's product, even if they are from different lot? the right one look more original NMB to me?

Last edited by gigy : 8th December 2009 at 08:16.
Old 8th December 2009, 10:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Are you saying you managed to buy one set at Rs 750 while MASS charges Rs 5500 for the same ? Am I missing something here otherwise ?
Not one set... the NMBs are at Rs. 750 a piece. And the MGP price is above Rs. 5,500/- a piece, as mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Why is the print different on the same company's product, even if they are from different lot? the right one look more original NMB to me?
Very good question! Thats why I posted the pics. Both the shops I visited had only 1 in stock, and I needed two. The second shop owner said he can order one more if I was ready to wait for half an hour. He had 2 Mi pieces though... which I somehow did not feel like buying, though I could not tell any difference by just looking at all of them. I asked him to get one more, and immediately noticed the difference in the label. He assured me that its the same thing and I should not worry. I could not find any difference between the two bearings at all... not visually at least; except that the small print on the bearings itself (on the circular part) was bit different too... Seeing no alternative, I went ahead and bought both. :(

NMB does not even seem to have a India specific website. Maybe they are imports? I just hope they are genuine...
Old 8th December 2009, 11:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not one set... the NMBs are at Rs. 750 a piece. And the MGP price is above Rs. 5,500/- a piece, as mentioned.

Very good question! Thats why I posted the pics. Both the shops I visited had only 1 in stock, and I needed two. The second shop owner said he can order one more if I was ready to wait for half an hour. He had 2 Mi pieces though... which I somehow did not feel like buying, though I could not tell any difference by just looking at all of them. I asked him to get one more, and immediately noticed the difference in the label. He assured me that its the same thing and I should not worry. I could not find any difference between the two bearings at all... not visually at least; except that the small print on the bearings itself (on the circular part) was bit different too... Seeing no alternative, I went ahead and bought both. :(

NMB does not even seem to have a India specific website. Maybe they are imports? I just hope they are genuine...
Now that you have got them onto the car and you say the car is running fine, it means it is doing its job. Leave all your worries behind as you have not spent a bomb on this which would have been the case had you opted for the one from MASS.

This price difference is nothing but pure daylight robbery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks