Team-BHP - Cartisan, Bangalore: Connecting car owners with service providers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Cartisan, Bangalore: Connecting car owners with service providers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/165922-cartisan-bangalore-connecting-car-owners-service-providers.html)

Vehicle maintenance is often a gamble. Authorized service centres aren't always the first choice after the free services are done with, and people often choose their neighbourhood garage instead. Unofficial service providers i.e. service centres that do not run a manufacturer authorized operation, occupy a large space in the market. In order to organize the vehicle service sector altogether and to bring in better transparency, a group of entrepreneurs have started Cartisan.

Created by Venkat Sreeram, Sharath Murthy and Pete Bulley, Cartisan is a website / Android App that has been developed to help car owners choose a vehicle service centre, based on the user's requirements, such as the type of service, vehicle make / model, location etc. Additionally, users can choose a service provider that falls into their budget, based on the estimated pricing stated. Prices listed on the site mainly include the labour charges, but consumables, spare parts, taxes etc. are not included. The app also provides ratings and reviews by other car owners, helping users make a more informed decision.

Once the service provider has been chosen, the user can make an appointment. The request is then sent to the service provider on the Cartisan partner's app. The service provider can then either confirm the appointment or suggest an alternative time. A confirmation of the same is directly sent by the service provider, to the customer.

Notifications are also sent when the work on the vehicle has been started / finished, and when the vehicle has been returned to the owner. The options include a variety of services, ranging from a regular wash, to performance tuning, breakdown assistance and even paint work. Cartisan has partnered with brands such as Bosch car service, Eco car care, 3M car care and Cherry Agencies so far.

Cartisan currently covers service providers in Bangalore, and will gradually branch out to more cities over the next few months. Operations in Mumbai and Delhi / NCR are likely to begin by the end of 2015. An app for iOS users will also be launched in a few months.

Cartisan, Bangalore: Connecting car owners with service providers-1.jpg

Cartisan, Bangalore: Connecting car owners with service providers-2.jpg

Cartisan, Bangalore: Connecting car owners with service providers-3.jpg

Cartisan, Bangalore: Connecting car owners with service providers-4.jpg

Cartisan, Bangalore: Connecting car owners with service providers-cartisan-team-picture.jpg

Cartisan, Bangalore: Connecting car owners with service providers-cherry-agencies-1.jpg

Cartisan, Bangalore: Connecting car owners with service providers-3m-car-care-2.jpg

Cartisan, Bangalore: Connecting car owners with service providers-bosch-car-service-1.jpg

Cartisan, Bangalore: Connecting car owners with service providers-eco-car-care-1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tushar (Post 3751178)

Is that guy seriously spraying water on the BMW Engine?

Isn't that a strict no no?

No he would not be doing that, I think its pressurized steam rather than water, but I am not sure even if that's permitted as per the Manufacturer's Manual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbhiJ (Post 3751252)
Is that guy seriously spraying water on the BMW Engine?

Isn't that a strict no no?

Yes, spraying pressurized water is not advised. That guy seems to be using hot steam or some cleaning liquid (white colour liquid, used after cleaning the bay for a shine).

Related thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ngine-bay.html

Good offering in principle, but there is a severe conflict of interest.

I believe car owners aren't charged. Translated, it's the service provider on whom Cartisan's revenue model is based. It's the service provider that is Cartisan's true customer.

Now, I don't know how they work, so we can give them benefit of doubt, but when their bills are paid by garages, I'll be interested in knowing how they handle disputes & ensure integrity from their service providers.

They would also need to ensure service quality (that's their purpose in the first place). How do you filter out bad garages from signing up? There's no way to know a competent garage from an unscrupulous one unless you give your car to them. Sometimes, a shabby garage is full of honest experts, while a clean & organised place can be run by crooks. So, again, how will they know the good from bad?

Will providers be removed if they get bad ratings? Here's another challenge: In case of a bad experience, everyone complains online. In case of a positive experience, few people put their story up.

It's a tricky business. Would love to read reviews from BHPians who actually try out their service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3752155)
It's a tricky business. Would love to read reviews from BHPians who actually try out their service.

I have used this kind of platform but from a different vendor. Happycars.in is one such provider in Bangalore whom I have interacted with. Overall experience is satisfactory for me.

Hope this helps.

In service industry, process is more important than the product. If selection, appraisal and escalations are carefully controlled, it can be a hit. Authorised service centers still gain lot of acceptance due to established processes. Independent garages are mostly run by some heroes. So all the 'service' is left to mercy of these heroes. Manufacturing can be run by heores. Service industry depends more process. There was another startup called firstdrive.in. Looks like they have flaked out. the success depends on how much the garages want to streamline and implement process driven atmosphere.

I just got a express service done by cartisan guys. I had booked the same through their app. They have some check list against which inspection will be done. The engine oil, coolant was topped up and air filter was cleaned.

BTW, they topped the pre-existing castrol mineral engine oil with 5W30 semi-synthetic oil. Does mixing semi-synthetic with mineral oil lead to any issues?

Overall, it is value for money experience.

I took the leap of faith on a startup and handed over my Black Panther (my vento) which was bruised by impatient bikers from Bangalore :Frustrati I uploaded the pic of the deep scratch and requested for a quote. In couple of hours, I got a call with a quotation explaining the process. I opted for pick up and drop option (its free) and just handed over my keys to their SA. I will update you guys upon job completion

Has anyone tried a similar service in Bangalore called Bumper? http://bumper.com/

Quote:

Originally Posted by vin_b (Post 3945936)
I took the leap of faith on a startup and handed over my Black Panther (my vento) which was bruised by impatient bikers from Bangalore :Frustrati I uploaded the pic of the deep scratch and requested for a quote. In couple of hours, I got a call with a quotation explaining the process. I opted for pick up and drop option (its free) and just handed over my keys to their SA. I will update you guys upon job completion

Waiting for update.
I've a scratch to fix and am keen to know how was your experience - both with cartisan and with Sai Colorium

Quote:

Originally Posted by daretodream (Post 3956878)
Waiting for update.
I've a scratch to fix and am keen to know how was your experience - both with cartisan and with Sai Colorium

Oops missed updating the thread. The service by Cartisan and Sai Colorium(SC) was really good. I received message on their app previous day of appointment with the pic and contact no of service adviser who would come to pick the car. Once SA reached my place, assessed the damage and took pic of the MFD. After reaching SC, I was again forwarded the pic of MFD :)

Upon job completion on following day, pic was shared when the SA was about to leave and the work was satisfactory.

I had a very bad experience with Cartisan. I opted for their car washing service. I had previously used them and found the washing to be acceptable. But, one thing their staff do not know is how to have the wipers in the "cleaning mode". So I usually get it washed when I am at home. But the last time I had an appointment at 8am. No one called me and so I left to work. I get a call at 10am saying the cleaning guy is at my place. I decided to get it washed which was a mistake on my part. I come home in the evening and see that the guy has left behind the spray bottle and cloth. Thought he would come back for it later. Next morning I start the car and try the wash & wipe on my car. The wiper doesn't respond at all. I get down and check. I get the shock of my life. The driver side wiper arm has been forcefully pushed into the bonnet! I open up the hood and see that the wiper arm has been twisted. I try to put it back in place but it is not in the right position and if used might spoil the windshield. Now I understood that the cleaning guy had tried to clean the windshield and not knowing how to put the wiper in place for that, had used force and damaged the wiper system. Hurriedly he finished his work and had left leaving some of his stuff behind. Worst part was that he had forced the arm into the engine bay and closed the bonnet! Immediately I called Cartisan and told them what had happened. They sent their "technical" team and after surveying, they acknowledged that the wiper arm has to be replaced. They said there were 2 options. First, I get it done from authorized service center and they bear the bill. Second, they replace the part themselves. I have some reservations about the second option. How do I know they replaced it with a genuine part? I have told them about my concern. Just waiting for them to get back to me. Meanwhile I would caution team-bhp members while using Cartisan cleaning service. Their cleaning service is ok but most of their staff do not know about the technicalities of the car itself like how to put the wiper in cleaning mode etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivasuma (Post 3973795)
Just waiting for them to get back to me.

Hey I'm sorry to hear your experience. How did this go for you afterwards? Did they replace the wiper arm? I booked their interior cleaning service today, and now read your post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amazer2013 (Post 4058660)
Hey I'm sorry to hear your experience. How did this go for you afterwards? Did they replace the wiper arm? I booked their interior cleaning service today, and now read your post.

Yes they did replace my wiper arm. Took them sometime but they did replace it. Just make sure the wiper is in the washing mode. Some of their folks don't know how to put it in that mode. Otherwise they are ok.