Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2006, 17:39   #31
Team-BHP Support

sure, usually they give back all the replaced parts after repair shouldn be a problem
Old 5th September 2006, 22:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
hmm well good news problem was diagnosed, finally!!
What exactly did they say was teh issue? Canister
Old 6th September 2006, 00:15   #33
Team-BHP Support

car back to normal, as it was couple of weeks before..

bill related to the work:
Parts
1143722 Cannister 878.68+109.84 tax
1356020 Hose Fuel Vapour 469.69 + 58.71 tax (look at the image below, if thats the tube they are talking about then, i was in trouble!!)

Labour
Hose - Fuel line connecting removal and insta 75 + 9.18 tax
Cannister - Evaporative Emission - Removal and Inst - 75 + 9.18 tax
Diagnosing charges 750 + 91.80 tax

Issue resolved after the cannister was replaced, is my belief

As you can see blocks on the main vent (the big hole, muck covering up the small pores)

This is the hose, apparently not blocked but ends cut out of shape and mostly they might have problems with fixing it back with a shorter length, heat resistant stuff that all, otheriwse regular breather hose

@NC not worth a real second look at this tube

So after 4 days, some 25 calls (i was taking the effort and the service advisor was absolutely inexperienced person, technical person was better) the car is back, no cough, power no major changes, as it was, while running, THOUGH THE ENGINE FEELS MUCH SMOOTHER and yes bill realted to repair of Rs 2500, which iam actually fine with

I demanded to go through the hardcopy of service card, says plug cleaned, canister replaced, compression rating (yes cylinder 4 is alrmingly low) need to check this out, have a comp guage and maybe do it over weekend, iKON has hydrolic tappet adjustment, so need to check out if something wrong on that front also.

documented proof that customer didnt want to open engine and that dealer wont have an responsibility on this front.. on the job card.. lol.. and even gave me a feedback chit for future refernce also mentioning my exhaust is leaking, damn it i have chucked the last piece mighty 14 grand worth with a local free flow mufflers, if thats what they mean by leaking

i have been using this dealer for last 3 years and was quite happy.. was trusting them with the work so far, now am also a non believer (coz if i went by their word, would have landed up opening my engine, period) am not denying there might be something wrong on that 4 th cylinder comp front, but that was not the reason why the car was coughing and the reason why i took and appointment with the so called authorised dealer.. and sad fact is i dont have much better options also

END OF REPORTING

Last edited by GTO : 14th June 2014 at 12:21. Reason: As per reported post
Old 6th September 2006, 00:25   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
What exactly did they say was teh issue? Canister
i can only say that the technical guy was not there and very honestly they are also clueless, the service advisor admitted!! and smiled when i said you owe me the diagnostic charges

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks