Team-BHP - Cough cough!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Cough cough! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/16594-cough-cough.html)

Finally it has started, wasnt been using the iKON regualrly and today morning when i started the car started idling with tons of vibration. Ran the car for approx 7 kms to office and power and response all the same, still engine has considerably more vibration when idle, even after engine is warm. No smoking at pipe yet.

Symptom of:
Conked plug/Plug wire?
Injector clogged?
Or is it anything else?

Anybody who has done injector cleaning in Bangalore? Especially do the dealer handle this job.

Anyways have booked an appointment with Metro Ford for the weekend. :confused:

Accumulated moisture and clogged up pipes

Try an italian tune up

Warm the engine, then drive in high revs and beat the hell out of it

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
Accumulated moisture and clogged up pipes

Try an italian tune up

Warm the engine, then drive in high revs and beat the hell out of it

ajmat,
i have faced the same problems & done the same thing & it has worked. but is that the right thing to do ? wouldn't there be any long term issues here ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover
ajmat,
i have faced the same problems & done the same thing & it has worked. but is that the right thing to do ? wouldn't there be any long term issues here ?

Not after the engine has warmed up

I took my car to the race track last week. It drove even better coming back!!

yup will do on the way back when traffic clears, i have a wierd feeling its something to do with plugs firing in my case, anyways its italian tuneup for today

Italian tune up turned negative results, cough persists..

soot at exhaust, injector or plug?? seems like injector only, hope they have cleaning machine in place at the dealer for tomorrows appointment :(

Why don\'t you try putting some injector cleaner first and see if that helps. Far cheaper than taking it to a dealer and paying those prices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
Why don\'t you try putting some injector cleaner first and see if that helps. Far cheaper than taking it to a dealer and paying those prices.

Or just do a search on the forum.. you will find a lot of threads on adding this and that into petrol that helps in the supposedly smoother running of your car... or wait a bit and soon you will find a thread that says what happens when you mix PETROL to boric powder/thinner/whiskey/rum/vodka and then run a car on the cocktaillol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
... you will find a lot of threads on adding this and that into petrol ...
... you mix PETROL to boric powder/thinner/whiskey/rum/vodka and then run a car on the cocktail ...

On gas tanks, I\'ve seen stickers of little boys relieving themselves... what does that imply?:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by elf
On gas tanks, I\'ve seen stickers of little boys relieving themselves... what does that imply?:Shockked:

MORAJI DESAI SPECIAL!!!rl:

Guys i have been using Iftex.

History of the car, it was idle for a year when it was in kerala and had a severe case of the same symptom and one injector had to be changed.

Afterwards it was running fine for 3 years and lately i become sucker for my puny lil CT 100 thanks to ease of commute in banglaore traffic :(

since bangalore guys dont have any info on external help with injector cleaning i shall keep my appointment for tomorrow.

Have you checked the fuel filter?? Same problem occurred in my car on tuesday & it was the result of a clogged fuel filter, changed it & everything is back to normal now.

nope i havent but will take fuel filter>plugs>plug wire>injector route

what car is urs, was this a mpfi or carbed car?

OHC VTEC, MPFI & firstly I had had the plugs checked & they were fine so the mechanic opened up the filter & it was full of dirt so we changed that & now she\'s running fine.

thanks mate, anyway tomorrow will come to know