Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2004, 21:06   #1

Hi Friends,
I am a final year engineering student from chennai. I have created a concept of automating the existing manual transmission into an automated or semi-automated one. I have done it using a gearbox coupled to an electric motor. I have designed the clutch and accelerators for putting it in use in cars. I have enough confidence that it is superior to the existing automatic transmissions. anyone who can help me in this regard please reply me.
Old 10th April 2004, 00:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude glad to have you here I myself drive an auto Zen . Would love to know more bout your concept

Cheers
Old 10th April 2004, 01:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Siva,
* Do explain your theory. You are using the same box but using driver motors to shift gears right. Now how is the clutch operating. Im sure ur are using an auto clutch method... but how have you tackled timing of the shift and clutch operation?. Do explain... its a great thing to try it out. Let me know we could work on something.
*Also how many seconds (ms) is it taking to engage gears. What kind of mechanism are you using for the shift. Electronically controlled shifts or Manual Paddle type shifts?

Cheers
Dom
Old 10th April 2004, 04:52   #4
Sam
BHPian

Sounds really interesting. Do you have different configurations as to which engine speed (ie.revs) it changes? And I would like to know if u personally enjoy driving autos or manuals?
Old 10th April 2004, 05:23   #5
Team-BHP Support

Hey man,

Sounds interesting. Im sure everyone would love to see diagrams etc if you have any....and dont mind sharing it at this point of time.

Cya
Rehaan.

REVV / GTO - move this to the "technical" section plz.
Old 25th August 2006, 13:25   #6
BHPian

Very interesting a project Wolf. I would wish you all the best for bettering the product, as the war of automatics is huge, semi-autos are also there in the market.
Old 16th May 2011, 17:03   #7
BHPian

Re: Automatic Transmission

This could have been one hell of a trial, but nobody seems to have followed up the basic idea. What a shame...
Old 2nd April 2018, 13:02   #8
BHPian

Re: Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgangsiva View Post
Hi Friends,
I am a final year engineering student from chennai. I have created a concept of automating the existing manual transmission into an automated or semi-automated one.
Now AMT is the current trend for budget cars. AMT appears similar to this idea mentioned here. This idea is as old as T-BHP. What happened @wolfgangsiva?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks