Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2004, 19:44   #1

I HAVE DESIGNED A TWO STROKE PETROL ENGINE WHICH HAS GOOD THERMAL EFFICIENCY THAN OLDER ONE AND ALSO MY ENGINE IS 100% EMISSION CONTROLED I AM JUST GIVING A SHORT DESCRIPTION OF MY ENGINE I WANT SUGGESTIONS AND ANY COMMENTS ABOUT MY ENGINE............

To minimize the adverse effects of a two stroke petrol engine like emission of unburnt fuel and low thermal efficiency a modified model of a two stroke engine is proposed.
In this engine the inlet port is used only to inject air in the cylinder. A separate intake valve is used to supply fuel-air mixture. Both the inlet port and intake valve are connected by a common supercharger (used to improve the efficiency). Air from air filter is coming into the supercharger which is further divided into the two by a mechanical system. Ignition is effected using twin spark plug placed diametrically opposite to each other at the top of the cylinder. Thus two independent flame fronts are invoked simultaneously in the chamber thereby reducing the maximum flame travel length required to burn the complete charge. This in turn reduces the burn duration and increases the efficiency. A magnetic switch on the carburetor, triggered by throttle, controls these spark plugs. As in this engine intake valve opens only when exhaust port is closed, the problem of expulsion of unburnt fuel from the exhaust port is solved. The timing of opening and closing of the intake valve is controlled by a cam. The lubrication of crank is done by oil already placed inside the cylinder. To control the air-fuel mixture, an electronic system that will calculate the amount of air inside the cylinder and then supply the necessary proportion of fuel air mixture, is used. So by using such an engine we are controlling emission problem and also increasing the thermal efficiency of the engine.
Old 10th April 2004, 22:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi there,
dont get me wrong.. but it felt like an amalgamation of different articles ive read in the past few year. I have no comments or suggestions just a few questions.

1) First and foremost which engine have you tried this on?
2) You say the inlet port is just for air? ok ... if you are using a valve why do you want an inlet port anymore??...
3) "Air from air filter is coming into the supercharger which is further divided into the two by a mechanical system"" PLEASE EXPLAIN!
4) diametrically opp Plugs, now whats the circumference and reference point used?. And what angle did you place the valve at?
5) Hey also you say supercharger!!, are you using a roots type or screw type charger?.
6) Fuel manage ment, so you are using an injector?. Which chip are u using for it?. Also does it have a MAF? for pressure/vaccum sensing?.
7) Also for checking fuel/air mix, what kind of HEGO are u using?
8) I have many more questions but this is the last one for now... What is the exhaust emission Co2 is it now?

Cheers
Dom

Most Viewed