Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 13:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 CRDi - Turbo, Clutch and Injector failure. Repair cost of 2 lakhs!

This thread is almost like deja vu for me.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2605401

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...w-sold-10.html
Old 19th August 2015, 18:58   #17
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 CRDi - Turbo, Clutch and Injector failure. Repair cost of 2 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Turbo and clutch failures are often related to driving habits, unfortunately. In fact, there are very good threads in this forum about how to keep these two from creating trouble. IIRC the one about turbo engines is created by none other than GTO.
If the engine-related problems are indeed creations of the service centre - could be, since the problems surfaced immediately after a service - how did the clutch fail?

- do not drive the car IMO, tow it instead. Condition may nosedive even though it is only a short distance.
- no need for a HASS since the car is out of warranty and it is in a metro area
- take a serious and critical look at the driving style of your buddy. This is purely my opinion and maybe I am wrong, but I think he is in a situation that is slowly but steadily created by himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
You have a compression loss through the injectors. Get it sorted out. Are you sure its oil? It should be diesel.

Oil in the intake manifold after the turbo is generally a turbo bush wear sign. But then IMO, 90% of the vehicles after 30-40k have this. As long as you are not seeing a serious reduction in the oil level (dip stick), and there is no metal rubbing high pitched sound, or thick black smoke, you can easily drive around. I'm surprised they asked you to change the turbo.

Where?

Can drive around. Just make sure there is enough oil in sump.
Its a 2012 model CRDi engine, serviced timely. Do you think the rings will wear out this fast? If so, what might be the reason?
> I am sorry, its diesel and white fumes not oil.

> O Ring seals on the injector mounts.

I have asked him to flatly refuse the Turbo job.

Now they have come down to 13-15K, the SA now says, lets fix the Seals around the injector and the Valve cover gasket and then check again.

Waiting for more updates.
Old 15th October 2017, 14:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
> I am sorry, its diesel and white fumes not oil.

> O Ring seals on the injector mounts.

I have asked him to flatly refuse the Turbo job.

Now they have come down to 13-15K, the SA now says, lets fix the Seals around the injector and the Valve cover gasket and then check again.

Waiting for more updates.
What happened finally? It will be very useful if the outcomes that emerged finally are posted as well
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 14:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
What happened finally? It will be very useful if the outcomes that emerged finally are posted as well
He sold the car, it was getting too messy and time consuming affair for him. He picked up a Zest Revotron XT after, and is living peacefully expect for the occasional rant about the poor Low End Torque of the Petrols.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks