Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 21:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is inspection & maintenance carried out strictly as per the owner's manual?

I've always noticed that if you seem to know about the car, the SA feels intimidated. The knowledge you have is to prevent from being conned. Tipping a guy is not corruption. I'm paying my bill. I'm just showing my appreciation by the only language they understand. And why should anyone take care of your car? They are not paid extra for doing a thorough job. They are paid only for doing unnecessary outsourced stuff. Even in a FNG, you tip the mechanic don't you?
Old 15th September 2015, 13:23   #17
BHPian

Agree to to everything said above EXCEPT the tipping/bribing part.

Another point I wish to add:

I receive calls immediately after servicing my car asking :

"How do you rate our service on these..."

Ending with "Please give us a good rating when the manufacturer's rep calls"

Once, after a particularly poor job, when they asked for my opinion, I asked them to call me in a few years time, and that I'd give my feedback after the car had completed 50,000 KMs as that would be when I'd get to know how good their 'service' was.

OT: A well know electrical goods manufacturer's call center always sends me a "Resolved" SMS as soon as I register my complaint - apparently they need to satisfy some SLAs laid down for some auditor. Expect to see an ad anytime now: "We fix your problems before you know it"

Last edited by mvadg : 15th September 2015 at 13:29.
Old 15th September 2015, 14:07   #18
BHPian

Have faced extremely bad experiences for my two month old Royal Enfield Electra 350 during past two services at RE authorised service station on new airport road (Near Yelahanka), Bangalore. After first service I was a bit reluctant to go to the same service station for the second free service. But since my bullet had clocked 3100kms and the second service due and little time to spare, I gave it at the same place. They gave me the delivery of the vehicle without proper drying and gave me the reason that all their technicians had left for the day. Not sure if they have addressed all the issues which I had highlighed and if any new issue is going to crop up.

Most Viewed