Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 18:12   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARLET View Post
I have taken my black swift to car bath in bangalore south (near caritor)a couple of times,
not a very pleasing end result to me

The guys there use a rubber thingy like our viper blade rubber attached to a handle to remove water from glass adn body parts

i wanted to know if anyone does this at home and is it advisable to use this rubber on body parts
on glass it gives best results

Where can i get a replica of that tool if its of no problem to use on body parts

Cheers
Scarlet
Amazing last night 5th Gear had a small test where they compared different types of car washes. The first being a drive thru that most petrol stations have (In the Uk), the 2nd was a Wash it your self system, which again you find at most Petrol Stations and the 3rd was the Hand Car wash Places - which sounds to be the same as your Car Bath.

Most hand car wash places here in the UK use the rubber blade to dry off the water - What the test found was that if there was even a little grime or dirt that got caught on the blade it would scratch the paintwork. Very fine scrathes but still damaging your paint.

SO - Basically these rubber blades arent good for your paint work.
Old 15th February 2009, 11:57   #467
Team-BHP Support

The cellar parking at Big Bazaar, Ameerpet, Hyderabad has an amazing car wash for Rs 200.

They have this bent pipe that washes the underbody, without having to raise the car on a ramp.
Vacuum the interiors.
Polish the dashboard.
And 0 swivel marks when finished.

One thing to remember is that the dashboard polish is applied in a slightly darker area. So its possible that a small area may still remain without shine.
Keep a torch with you.
Old 29th March 2009, 15:07   #468
BHPian

Hi to all

I have a problem with insects and cockroaches in my Indica. Can we use normal Insect Repellants like HIT etc in the Car vis a vis Health as well as reaction with plastics and uplhlostry

Thanks in advance
Old 4th May 2009, 00:00   #469
BANNED

Guys - I did the waxing today on my Flamenco Red Linea. Used Formula 1 Carnauba Wax (that Round pack). I think I've used more than 1/3rd of it in tis 1 application. Is it enough or I should have used more? don't know how much should I have applied.

It sure is a sure way of burning calories particularly when I do not have enough extra calories. took me 90 minutes in this summer & almost got dehydrated.

But end of the day it gives a good feeling, real ownership feeling I may add

I've a Euro Gold Bottle Car Sprayer & Shiner. Used it in my earlier car Ford Ikon. Once sprayed, the excess deposits are to be aiped off with cloth. It gives a good shine but also the surface looks a bit oily. However, the surface becomes very very smooth & feels slippery when touched.

Is this good to use regularly (may be every week)? what does it do? kind of polish or a wax?
Old 21st May 2009, 19:15   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NandanRM View Post
Hi to all

I have a problem with insects and cockroaches in my Indica. Can we use normal Insect Repellants like HIT etc in the Car vis a vis Health as well as reaction with plastics and uplhlostry

Thanks in advance
I guess you should get a complete cabin clean for your cae. Take out the mats, carpets. Wash them well with enough water and if possible use surf and clean the floor of the car with water and surf mixture (be careful not to use excess water which may damage the wiring) and then clean the floor with a dry cloth.

Using products like HIT or BAYGON can lead to other health problems like causing suffocation, headache etc.

Cleaning car cabin is the best solution.
Old 22nd May 2009, 00:22   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NandanRM View Post
Hi to all

Thanks in advance
Is it because you may have food in your car if you drop food items this might be problem.the best thing would be get your car detailed.i.e get it cleaned ,go over every nook and cranny in detail using fine brushes and vaccuum everything ,wash and waxed.you may use repellents but then you dont want to drive with all the windows closed
Old 22nd May 2009, 04:03   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Guys - I did the waxing today on my Flamenco Red Linea. Used Formula 1 Carnauba Wax (that Round pack). I think I've used more than 1/3rd of it in tis 1 application. Is it enough or I should have used more? don't know how much should I have applied.

Is this good to use regularly (may be every week)? what does it do? kind of polish or a wax?
Thats too much of waxing, basically you don't need to do a full coat of wax, just put it on some spots and then firmly apply using the supplied sponge.

Waxing everyweek would be very tiresome, although it would look great to have a glowing car always.
A good wax polish would always help retaining paint and its shine much longer.
Old 22nd May 2009, 14:15   #473
BHPian

Thanks @ 911turbo & TRAUMASURG

Well i did have it cleaned & detailed the interiors and sprayed HIT with all the windows closed & kept it for 3 - 3 1/2 hours in the sun and let it bake. Within a couple of minutes saw a few small ones come out from near the Dashboard and back seat and then they were gonners. Then opened all doors and windows and cleaned them out. I put a couple of Odopic and some mothballs as well as lit up a bunch of Agarbattis in a non smoking container and locked up again. Well after a couple of hours there was no hint of any smell of the HIT i used. In fact it was a pleasent smell of the ODOPIC

Well this was long back a couple of months and now i am fine

Well to be honest have stopped any type of eating in the car, well we dont want any surprise unwanted guests poking their heads out from

Well bye for now
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:24   #474
BHPian

I'm sure you mean ODONIL and not ODOPIC

Cheers
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:49   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
I'm sure you mean ODONIL and not ODOPIC

Cheers
Hey @saildrive

Yes that's what i ment. You know the one we keep in the loo's

well the car was quite fragrant and fresh smelling after that

Thanks
Old 18th December 2009, 11:38   #476
Senior - BHPian

Sparkle Car Spa at Forum Mall, Bangalore

My car badly needed an interior wash. The white roof from inside had become grey.

I had been thiking of going to this Sparkle Car Spa at Forum for quite some time so yesterday i decided to give it a try.

I gave the car for interior cleaning, paint rejuvination (to get rid of small scratches), paint and polish (to get the shine) and paint protection (to keep it shiny). The dry wash came free with it. It took almost 3 hours for them to finish this. But the job was thorough.

The person in charge there, Appu, was also quite friendly. although a bit pushy about the services they offer. I went for paint protection only after he showed it to me on a green Lancer. (that Lancer was one well maintained piece). They also give two free services that you can avail in one year.

Overall it is a good place if you really want to pamper your ride. It is nice to see half a dozen men taking care of it.

here are some pics:
The well maintained green Lancer (made me a bit green too)

For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean-green-lancer.jpg

My car being worked upon:
For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean-men-work.jpg

Final results:
For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean-end-result-front.jpg
For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean-end-result-side.jpg
For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean-end-result-back.jpg

Apologies about the poor picture quality. The phone camera needs more light.
I'll post pictures of interiors as well later.

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 18th December 2009, 11:53   #477
Team-BHP Support

What all (brands/products) did they use for this job?
Old 18th December 2009, 11:55   #478
Senior - BHPian

I saw some bottles of Total.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:59   #479
Team-BHP Support

amitoj, what Total bottles? You didn't see those properly?
Old 18th December 2009, 17:55   #480
Team-BHP Support

amitoj, how much do they charge for this treatment? Interior cleaning what all they do?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks