Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2011, 23:59   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: High Pressure Car wash at home

Pump's PSI is really important for pressure washers especially for car washing purposes.

I'd recommend anything from 1600-2k PSI ones and preferably those which come with a proper warranty. As these things go bad real quick!
Old 4th May 2011, 00:01   #527
Senior - BHPian

Inlet is from the normal tap into one of the holes shown on the equipment. I would request the mods to move it to a suitable section.

Price quoted was around 7k including shipping (from delhi)
Old 4th May 2011, 00:08   #528
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The pump looks funny but practical. Bosch manufacture the Aquatec Range of High pressure pump. I use the Aquatec Plus 100 and is very useful especially during rainy season. The is already an thread existing that discusses the advantages and disadvantages of the high pressure pumps.

Would suggest to check it out.

MODS: this thread could be merged with the old thread
Old 4th May 2011, 00:08   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Pump's PSI is really important for pressure washers especially for car washing purposes.

I'd recommend anything from 1600-2k PSI ones and preferably those which come with a proper warranty. As these things go bad real quick!
A couple of email exchanges with the manufacturer and he said it comes with a 1 year replacement warranty.

Model No. : HYM-VA-70
Working pressure : 7MPa (70bar)
Max. pressure : 14MPa(140bar)
Working flow rate : 6 l/min
Max. pressure water supply : 0.4MPa(4bar)
Motor Capacity : 1.20kw
Power Supply Voltage : 230V~50Hz
Max Water Temperature : 50˚C
Weight : 15kgs
Box Dimensions : 84x 35 x 33 cm

Last edited by Shubz : 4th May 2011 at 00:11.
Old 4th May 2011, 00:27   #530
Senior - BHPian

I'd recommend personally checking it out and then buying.

Working pressure seems quite less i.e. 1k PSI

Though it'll be good for rinsing the paint, the rinse wont be as thorough as you'd want it to be!

I found that bosch 100 plus that I use is kinda inadequate for me!
Old 4th May 2011, 01:43   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I'd recommend personally checking it out and then buying.

Working pressure seems quite less i.e. 1k PSI

Though it'll be good for rinsing the paint, the rinse wont be as thorough as you'd want it to be!

I found that bosch 100 plus that I use is kinda inadequate for me!
Sohail bhai - You are absolutely right! There are dime a dozen shops in Bangalore which would be stocking/selling such equipment off different makes like Bosch/Black & Decker/Karcher etc. Will go personally visiting these joints before making a decision. Got a lot of info from other related thread. Guess this will be merged with the other one.

Make sure of the following is what I learnt:

Go for Induction motor.
Look for working pressure more than 1k.
Don't use it too often unless one is happy to have a layer of wax/paint ripped off the car.

Anything else -- would love to make note of the same.
Old 4th May 2011, 02:05   #532
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Don't use it too often unless one is happy to have a layer of wax/paint ripped off the car.
Any ideas about the amount of water that would be used to wash a vehicle? Service stations can filter and recycle water, but is too much to ask for homes. I use a utility pump with a alloy power washer fitting, but am always reminded by my wife about water wastage. We constantly live in draught conditions in Southern California.
That said, You can use it freely on alloy wheels, tires, and under the body, with full pressure, but can use it on paint at a lower pressure.

This may not apply to your Jeep(that uses mud as beauty cream ), but for a cleaner car, I have started to use Mr Clean Auto Dry car wash.
http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Clean-AutoD.../dp/B0006M56CE
This is a lot more easier to use and much better with water usage.

Last edited by prasadee : 4th May 2011 at 02:15.
Old 4th May 2011, 02:22   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
Any ideas about the amount of water that would be used to wash a vehicle? Service stations can filter and recycle water, but is too much to ask for homes. I use a utility pump with a alloy power washer fitting, but am always reminded by my wife about water wastage. We constantly live in draught conditions in Southern California.
That said, You can use it freely on alloy wheels, tires, and under the body, with full pressure, but can use it on paint at a lower pressure.

This may not apply to your Jeep(that uses mud as beauty cream ), but for a cleaner car, I have started to use Mr Clean Auto Dry car wash.
Amazon.com: Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash System Starter Kit: Automotive
This is a lot more easier to use and much better with water usage.
Prasad sir - I was thinking of using this more on my i20 than on the Jeep. I think you would need roughly about 10 to 15 mins worth of usage for with a normal hose I have been running it for 30 to 40 mins to first take the dirt layer off, shampoo the painted surface, spray the drums with a liquid to remove brake dust and rinse it all off again with the hose using thumb to make a jet of it.

Thanks for the Amazon link though!!
Old 4th May 2011, 02:45   #534
BANNED

Quote:
Prasad sir - I was thinking of using this more on my i20 than on the Jeep. I think you would need roughly about 10 to 15 mins worth of usage for with a normal hose I have been running it for 30 to 40 mins to first take the dirt layer off, shampoo the painted surface, spray the drums with a liquid to remove brake dust and rinse it all off again with the hose using thumb to make a jet of it.
Ah for a car, Mr Clean works really well for drying and leaving the car spot free. You still need to do the hard work of taking the dirt layer off. The jet in the Mr clean dispenser eliminates the need for use of thumb. As the water rolls off the car. If any drops do not roll off- as the water has been filtered to not have any salts, there will be no hard water stains upon drying. Sometimes better than wiping the car dry with a soft towel, or old lungi.

Agree, that for the first part of taking dirt off, you need that water pump.

Last edited by prasadee : 4th May 2011 at 02:46.
Old 4th May 2011, 08:22   #535
BHPian

For 7k you might as well shell out a little more and get the Bosch. Infinitely more reliable and comes with a lot of attachments. Been using one for about 6 months now.
Old 4th May 2011, 08:39   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
For 7k you might as well shell out a little more and get the Bosch. Infinitely more reliable and comes with a lot of attachments. Been using one for about 6 months now.

I second that option, I have been using Bosch Aquatak 100 Plus for close to a year now and I'm pretty happy with the way it works.

Here is my Bosch picture
For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean-img_6360.jpg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th May 2011 at 11:38. Reason: Edited the post as the threads have been merged
Old 4th May 2011, 12:00   #537
Senior - BHPian

Re: For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean

Anybody know/suggest any place in bangalore for this? (preferably South Bangalore)
Old 4th May 2011, 16:41   #538
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shubz, i remember seeing the Bosch Aquatek at Hometown, Marathahalli in Bangalore. You can try calling them before visiting to check if its still available.
Old 4th May 2011, 17:36   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody know/suggest any place in bangalore for this? (preferably South Bangalore)

Shubz, If you know anyone working for Bosch in Bangalore, you may strike a deal for Rs.7800 as I did. Otherwise it is costing around Rs. 13,500/- I got it through a friend of mine who works for Bosch.
Old 4th May 2011, 18:16   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey Shubz, i remember seeing the Bosch Aquatek at Hometown, Marathahalli in Bangalore. You can try calling them before visiting to check if its still available.
I should look for a Hometown closer to Blore South. Marathahalli is way off bounds for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Shubz, If you know anyone working for Bosch in Bangalore, you may strike a deal for Rs.7800 as I did. Otherwise it is costing around Rs. 13,500/- I got it through a friend of mine who works for Bosch.
Now this is challenging. I don't know anybody working in Bosch. Will have to try through contacts etc. Anyways this is not a show stopper unlike the fuel pump for my Jeep so I can take it easy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks