Team-BHP - For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   For All Car Lovers - Keeping Your Car Clean (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/16918-all-car-lovers-keeping-your-car-clean-38.html)

Folks if someone uses Amway car wash and silicon polish and want to buy please take from me. My mistake me and wife ordered separately and we have 2 bottles of each and I want to dispose of one set. Please PM me.

Note This is not a self promotion/selling. Just want to dispose of extra bottles as it will take considerable time to finish one set and products will become old.

Some very useful tips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef_-SNSnByg

first things first, thank you Rudra Sen for that really good insight into car cleaning. its really nice to read and very useful for rookies like me :p i just have one question though pertaining to the cloths used. what material would you suggest? im not exactly able to relate to the "blue" and "yellow-brown" cloths you suggested. Do you by any chance mean microfibre? or just plain cotton cloth? i tried using those widely available orange cloths and other cotton cloths but i just see them spreading the dust over the body of the car and not exactly removing it. havent tried microfibre yet because its expensive(slightly). A little more detail as to exactly what material to use would be extremely helpful for me. thank you :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepak Ramana (Post 3942991)
.... Do you by any chance mean microfibre? or just plain cotton cloth? i tried using those widely available orange cloths and other cotton cloths but i just see them spreading the dust over the body of the car and not exactly removing it. ...

You could take a look at the hugely successful product called Jopasu: http://www.amazon.in/Jopasu-Care-Sma...a-c97210464b0a

I have not used one but all reports seem to say it is very effective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupmathur (Post 3943018)
You could take a look at the hugely successful product called Jopasu: http://www.amazon.in/Jopasu-Care-Sma...a-c97210464b0a

Ive used the jopasu duster, wiped my car off everyday. Its exactly a year old now. Havent cleaned or washed the duster a single time.
Now, after a year, its a little dusty, so it takes longer to wipe dust off.. But still does the job..

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupmathur (Post 3943018)

thank you anupmathur :) thats a very nice bundle indeed. however, I do have a duster already. what this does confirm for me though is that microfibre sure is effective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepak Ramana (Post 3942991)
...A little more detail as to exactly what material to use would be extremely helpful for me. thank you :)

Hi Deepak Ramana, A quality micro fibre cloth is the best there is for cleaning car. Also, it does not leave water mark behind when used squeezing off water. It is much easier and faster to clean car using micro fibre cloth, it lasts longer too. I have used several cloths before and nothing is as good as this. Yes, orange and other cotton cloths leave dust behind. Invest in a good micro fibre cloth and experience the difference yourself.

Sadly my S-class screen has got some lines on it over a period of time. I think my driver has been cleaning it with a wrong solution. How can I get rid of these residue lines? They aren’t scratches.
When you look at it from front you don’t see it. But from an angle under sunlight it looks like as it does in the image below

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4411135)
Sadly my S-class screen has got some lines on it over a period of time. I think my driver has been cleaning it with a wrong solution. How can I get rid of these residue lines? They aren’t scratches.
When you look at it from front you don’t see it. But from an angle under sunlight it looks like as it does in the image below

Have you tried using any silicone polish or Meg Scratch/Swirl x ?

It should ideally solve it.

On another note, for people who have spilled any sambhar, dal or liquid food stuff on your felt carpet and suffering with mildew smell and stain.

1. Clean the spill with baby shampoo diluted in water. Use old toothbrush to scrub.
2. Allow the spot to dry.
3. The smell will start soon, so before it does sprinkle table salt liberally on the entire spot. I mean "Liberally".
4. Make sure it does not come in contact with water again, so cover that area with a large plastic cover and allow it to be there for a week or more.
5. Vacuum the carpet next time you clean.

Ideally the haline nature will kill any mildew, fungus or bacteria in that spot and microbial growth will be limited to bare minimum.

Easy and cost effective way to solve mildew issue due to food spillage.

Remember to stealthily place the empty salt box in kitchen after using it in your car. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4411135)

Sahil, this looks like some coating on the display is peeling off due to using some solvent based cleaner. Please dont use any compound or swirl remover on this. I think its the anti glare coating which is coming off and hence visible only in some situations. Try using a mild alcoholic cleaner like the one we use to clean camera lenses or eyeglasses. This will be safe on such surfaces. If this is something other than the coating, it should help. If not, then I would suggest you to not experiment further since this is an expensive replacement and the usage of abrasives like swirl removers or compounds might make it worse. Also avoid applying any dashboard dressing/polish in case it has been done before since it might react with the surface coatings.

Consider using a laminating film/screen protector to prevent further damage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4411207)
Try using a mild alcoholic cleaner like the one we use to clean camera lenses or eyeglasses. This will be safe on such surfaces. If this is something other than the coating, it should help. If not, then I would suggest you to not experiment further since this is an expensive replacement and the usage of abrasives like swirl removers or compounds might make it worse. Also avoid applying any dashboard dressing/polish in case it has been done before since it might react with the surface coatings.

Consider using a laminating film/screen protector to prevent further damage.

I think you might be right. I rather not use anything strong that could worsen it. I did try the lens cleaner wipes but they didnt make much difference.

Trying to find a screen protector that is universal fit but all i find online are smaller mobile screen protectors

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4411355)
I think you might be right. I rather not use anything strong that could worsen it. I did try the lens cleaner wipes but they didnt make much difference.

Trying to find a screen protector that is universal fit but all i find online are smaller mobile screen protectors

I found some online - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079HW1CDF...ing=UTF8&psc=1

We have used lamination films on our test cars. These can be procured locally and can be cut to shape. However, they would suit the facelift S class since the 222 has a bezel around the screen while the 222 facelift does not. Another alternative would be to get an Ipad screen protector and then cut that to shape.

Also check this if you are looking for some protection for the COMAND controller: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3PCS...ceBeautifyAB=0

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4411427)

Can’t thank you enough for this. I got it and the problem is solved!

Although it hasn’t cured the lines, the gorilla glass layer has added its own layer of reflection that masks the lines. Does not affect the brightness of the screen whatsoever. Fits perfectly too!
Was a very high quality product in great packaging and easy to fix DIY tools.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4426423)
Can’t thank you enough for this. I got it and the problem is solved!

Although it hasn’t cured the lines, the gorilla glass layer has added its own layer of reflection that masks the lines. Does not affect the brightness of the screen whatsoever. Fits perfectly too!
Was a very high quality product in great packaging and easy to fix DIY tools.

Glad to hear it helped. Yes typically if it was the anti glare coating that had chipped off, then this tempered glass can mask it to some amount since it plays around with how the light is reflected off the surface. If I ever buy an expensive car, I am sure that I will wrap the entire interiors with PPF to protect it stupid: