Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2005, 21:36   #76
BHPian

Living in Bangalore amid the rains of this year, one thing that's bothering me is the amound of travel i have to do in muddy roads. I can see a lot of mud stiking to the mud-flaps and even inner curves of around the tyre.

Since the daily wash only takes care of the visible portion of the body, this mud will certainly take its toll on the body of the car.

I was wondering if there is a way to procure a high pressure water jet mechanism for washing the bottom portions of the car. If i can own one, then atleast i can clean up the car atleast once in two-three days. Something that has extended nozzle will be even better.

Anyone here have any idea?
Old 9th November 2005, 21:50   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Is it the problem with maruti paints ?
I guess its not. I have seen this on almost all the cars.

Rudra, Using the chemois leather will reduce this swirl mark? Couple of weeks back i brought one for around 100rs(another shop quoted around 400 for a chinease make...) and the washing got really smooth. And the cleaning happened really fast too.
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2005, 08:21   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar
I was wondering if there is a way to procure a high pressure water jet mechanism for washing the bottom portions of the car. If i can own one, then atleast i can clean up the car atleast once in two-three days. Something that has extended nozzle will be even better.
Actually, you need to take your car to any road side washing bay. They have high pressure water jet and ramp. That's the only way to clean under body properly. At home you can have (provided you have a tap close to your washing area) a pressure nozzle unit with hose (there was a stall in vahaan yatra). But this won't give you a complete wash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
Rudra, Using the chemois leather will reduce this swirl mark? Couple of weeks back i brought one for around 100rs(another shop quoted around 400 for a chinease make...) and the washing got really smooth. And the cleaning happened really fast too.
Chemois is the best to wipe the car body. Your 100/- chemois is fake. 100/- should get you an actual chemois of your credit cars size. Good quality chemois should cost around 500-600/-(Stanley).
If you get those, let me know.
Old 10th November 2005, 08:51   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Chemois is the best to wipe the car body. Your 100/- chemois is fake. 100/- should get you an actual chemois of your credit cars size. Good quality chemois should cost around 500-600/-(Stanley).
You could be correct, i was bit surprised when he said 100. But since it was at hot tracks, i thought it should be okie...
Also these chemois last for roughly how many wash?
Old 10th November 2005, 09:57   #80
Team-BHP Support

If you keep it properly, it lasts a long time. Say a year plus.
Do not use it for washing. Only wiping.
Old 10th November 2005, 11:18   #81
BHPian

Hey ppl,
some nice stuff here .
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-p...sh-clinic.html
Maybe most of u know about it,
But its new for me...
Old 10th November 2005, 11:24   #82
BHPian

Here are a few good links for car care
http://www.samarins.com/maintenance/bodymain.html
&
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-p...sh-clinic.html
Old 10th November 2005, 12:38   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
2) Turtle wax dashboard cleaning solution (I don't recollect exact name) : I tried this on my dashboard and it works quite nice. It brings out natural color of the dashboard and plastic parts. With grainy plastics all around, dust easily settles in there and is difficult to clean otherwise. (Rs. 190/-)
It is Turtle Wax 2001.
Old 21st November 2005, 12:53   #84
BHPian

Hello Rudra Sir,

I have opt for Waxyol 3m total car solution for my car (Indigo gsx) & i need your advice. I am not happy with the shine of car as this wax is not having glossy finish. Is it because dealer didn't finish the work properly or waxyol is like that only ? Car is dust catcher and within a day it become dirty. What to do with that ? Also, i noticed that i can't wipe my car with dry cloth. I need to put water on the body & then only i can wipe it.

Could you please advise me how to prevant dust on car ? What i can use to give shine to my car (using any other wax won't create problem for waxyol coating ?). What should i use to clean & noursh leather seats ? Also for Dashboard & steering as they are in different color from seats.

Where i can go for car teatment in Pune ? Is waxyol is worth to opt second time ? They said they will do one more time polishing & car treatment again for me in this year.

Or is it best to "do it yourself" ...buy wax & other solution from market and spent 3-4 hourse once in three month ? Please advise.
Old 22nd November 2005, 23:08   #85
BHPian

Instead of chamois one could use WONDER WIPE by 3M. It cost only Rs. 30.00 and is available at any FOOD WORLD outlet. Its lint free and does not leave behind fluff, especially on Black surfaces.

Good and genuine Chamois can be bought for about 250 at Namaste Leathers at Bangalore . I can give you their contact number if someone wishes to have it.

I personally feel using chamois is little difficult because it does not slide easily on the paint surface and need a little extra force. Quite tiring if your car is big. As Rudra Sir says , great way to burn calories.
Old 23rd November 2005, 07:30   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitabh_kaushal
I have opt for Waxyol 3m total car solution for my car (Indigo gsx) & i need your advice. I am not happy with the shine of car as this wax is not having glossy finish. Is it because dealer didn't finish the work properly or waxyol is like that only?
That Waxyol is news to me. 3M uses PERFECT-IT in Bangalore and the result is stunning.
Quote:
Also, i noticed that i can't wipe my car with dry cloth. I need to put water on the body & then only i can wipe it.
Is this after your polish? If yes then it looks like a typical case of static (electricity) charge.
Quote:
Could you please advise me how to prevant dust on car?
.. and I really don't know what to reply.
Quote:
What i can use to give shine to my car (using any other wax won't create problem for waxyol coating ?). What should i use to clean & noursh leather seats ? Also for Dashboard & steering as they are in different color from seats.
Read the first post here.
Quote:
Or is it best to "do it yourself" ...buy wax & other solution from market and spent 3-4 hourse once in three month?
Any day. There's nothing close that.
Old 4th December 2005, 14:08   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Yesterday at the Autocar show at Nehru Centre, a company by name Autoglym was selling "synthetic" chamois for Rs 1,200. Worth it?
Old 5th December 2005, 11:36   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Yesterday at the Autocar show at Nehru Centre, a company by name Autoglym was selling "synthetic" chamois for Rs 1,200. Worth it?

thats too expensive...here is what i got in reply to an enquiry ....at www.rockhide.com

this is a much better buy ...if he does charge you for the courier then u can tell him about this mail

Quote:
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 11:26 AM
To: satyajit
Subject: Re: Chamois

Dear Sir,

Kind Attn:- Satyajit Shetty

Good Morning.

Chamois is a natural product made from high quality lamb skin,

and used to DRY & POLISH surfaces after washing.

It has the highest absorbency & softness features polishing the

surfaces to a brilliant shine and taking away the grime particles

away from the surface, thus eliminating abrasion.

Chamois is ideal for the following :

Vehicles

1. Washing the Tyres with the help of the Chamois SCRUBBER.

2. Sponge pad for cleaning dust particles from the windscreen and

wiping away Mist in winters with the Chamois DEFOGGER.

3. Cleaning the expensive Seat covers, dashboard & the steering

with the CHAMOIS.

4. Widely used all over the world for enhansing the sheen & the

colour of your vehicle leaving your Precious Dream Vehicle

Scratchless & Spotless with the CHAMOIS.

Kitchen

Replaces the Costly paper towels to wipe counters table tops and

expensive Cutlery & Crystal with the CHAMOIS.

Bathroom

1. Wiping the mist from the Looking Glass in the winters, when

the geysers are on ,hence enhansing the life of the Looking Glass

with the DEFOGGER.

2. Can be used to clean the Expensive Italian marble or tiles after

usage of the Toilet with the CHAMOIS.

Around the House

To clean & wipe Glass Tabletops,TV's and expensive furniture.

Tips for Chamois

Never use your CHAMOIS to Wash Surfaces.

Use your CHAMOIS to Dry or Polish surfaces only after they have been

thoroughly washed with a Scrubber or a Sponge.

Delivery

On the receiving of the Payment(D.D) the goods will immediately be despatched

through Courier.

Price List

1. Chamois - Defogger Rs. 399.00

2. Chamois - Scrubber Rs. 299.00

3. Chamois - Big Rs. 399.00

(Used for Cars & bigger items)

4. Chamois - Small Rs. 199.00

(Used for smaller items like- crystal,glass etc.)

All the prices are inclusive of Taxes.

As a special Gesture we will courier the goods Free of Cost.

All Payment shall be made through account payee cheque/D.D. in favour of

Bami Exports , payable at Delhi.

Hoping for an early reply & do give us one chance to serve you.

Regards

Malhan Lall Sahu

Old 26th December 2005, 21:09   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Rudra Sen
Here goes an old man’s view of taking care of your loved one.
Please make that a wise young man's view. A very very comprehensive view of car care that covers from the front bumper to the rear bumper ( car language for head to toe ). That was really great work.

I am car cleaning fanatic and I spend atleast 3-5 hours every sunday on my car. I have a fixed schedule for soap wash, waxing, Stp, Engine compartment wash, under chasis wash, 3M glass cleaning and the works. Other than this my car is wiped every day with damp cloth.

Lately I have been watching the Logo areas of several cars and notice that these areas are caked with hard substance that give it a nasty look. It is more noticable on white cars.
I know that this is caused by the minerals present in the water, which harden when the water has dried, but how does one get rid of this stuff.

I am also working on it & shall have the results posted when I succeed. Dada, (I hope you don't mind me calling you that) I would love to know your views on this.

BTW, In general, Bangalore cars are best cared cars in India.No offence meant to other cities, but Bangalore cars are the cleanest cars.

so long.....

Old 26th December 2005, 21:22   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
Lately I have been watching the Logo areas of several cars and notice that these areas are caked with hard substance that give it a nasty look. It is more noticable on white cars.
I know that this is caused by the minerals present in the water, which harden when the water has dried, but how does one get rid of this stuff.
Use a hard pin like object to scrape those out.To be more precise, a wooden toothpick. It won't damage the paint for sure. It's not only hardend water crust but also wax from your polish.

Quote:
Dada, (I hope you don't mind me calling you that) I would love to know your views on this.
You also have the choice of calling me dadu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks