Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2004, 14:45   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ravi_28_8 @ July 01 2004,12:57)]it has nearly 3backup for many critical things so i hope it will happen to these cars too.
seen the size of a jumbo ?
Old 1st July 2004, 15:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]seen the size of a jumbo ?
once computer was the size of 2 or 3 big rooms which can do the work of calculations and now it is in palm(palm top) and does 1000 times more work then that.
yes thats well but do u know flights too have lots of restrictions. they have a standard dimensions in which the flight should fit. Airbus guys had a lot of problem wen they where trying to make flight with lot of passanger seats. They incorporated so many new designs to make it within the standards. they cut short the wing size by using lot of aerodynamics and the material used were changed to reduce the weight. for cutting short the length they increased the height. it was all done to satisy all the standards. i accept that it took 10 yrs for them to make.
i am only saying that the technology is changing, so even the car might have all these safty features in the future. u can see the transformation with the car in the last decade. Yes it might take long time say 2 decades too but i hope it will happen.
there is no offence guys, this is just my view.
Old 8th July 2004, 00:08   #18
BHPian

critical automotive systems like brakes, transmissions, engine managments do have backups like "limp home modes" and braking systems (like the sbc) do have mechanical backups , but these backups only provide u in traveling to a safer location to get them fixed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks