Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2018, 15:29   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault Duster 110 PS - Fuel Injector Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Has any one else faced this issue in Nissan Terrano?
It is the same engine, assembled in facilities under one roof. Chances are injector is failing and would need replacement. Get the car scanned, if the lights had come on, there would be an error code recorded also. How much more time you have under warranty?
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 09:58   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
It is the same engine, assembled in facilities under one roof. Chances are injector is failing and would need replacement. Get the car scanned, if the lights had come on, there would be an error code recorded also. How much more time you have under warranty?
Thanks Jaggu! I am discussing with the Nissan Surya service team by sharing this thread. They did not seem to be aware of this issue before.

The car is already out of warranty! (Seems the warranty is only for 3 years).
Already one fuel injector is replaced. Is it likely that others might go kaput?

By the way yesterday, I received my car back as the service team was not able to get any warning light on even after exhaustive test drive. They just cleaned the fuel line and replaced the fuel. I drove for around 35 KMS after that and the car seemed to back to normal without any indicator or brief fuel cut-off interruption that I used to feel earlier.
Old 12th January 2018, 10:14   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
The car is already out of warranty! (Seems the warranty is only for 3 years).
Already one fuel injector is replaced. Is it likely that others might go kaput?
Your guess is as good as mine if other injector would fail. What i have understood is the injector in this car is sensitive to moisture and that is the biggest cause of failure, when water from diesel messes up the injector internals. So use good fuel and try some injector cleaner once every couple of 1000 kms.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 15:26   #34
BHPian

Quote:
One of my injectors failed (Duster 40,000km). It was replaced and a week later another injector failed.

Renault refuse to answer any questions via email when I ask for an explanation for premature injector failure. They Simply say it is due to contaminated fuel. I asked them to provide a test report to support their assertion. They say they cannot - meaning I should just believe them and shell out Rs 1,00,000! The customer service reps are just "talking heads" who give canned reponses -- regardless of the question you ask -- developed by their management.

I got the injectors tested and all of them were "weak" which means it is matter of time before all of them fail. Their opion is that it has nothing to do with fuel contamination, but piezo electric crystal failure. I have taken this issue up with Renault. My vehicle has been parked at their dealership for more than 40 days.

Now, I have heard stories where even the new injectors fail after 10,000 km. This is a serious issue that is being covered up by Renault. I am willing to take this matter to court next. I know another person in Managalore (a qualified Automotive engineer) who is planning to take Renault to court aslo. If there are more of us, we can consider a "class action" law suit agaist Renault.

Did you know that Renault that a contract with injector manufacturer -- Continental -- that prevents Continental in India from serviceing or even selling parts for the injectors? All I need is a Rs 3,000 part (piezo electric stack). Instead Renault wants me to shell out Rs 25,000 per injector. I hear that this price is inflated as injectors on average cost about Rs 10,000.

I would strongly every one here to put up a good fight. I am planning to especially since I seem to be discovering more and more unethical practices by Renault. By this I mean Renault India, and not the Dealers. The dealers are in the dark on this scam/coverup by Renault.

Don't be fooled by Renault's "goodwill" gesture of replacing injectors under warranty. The moment your vehicles is out of warranty and your injectors fail Renault is certain you will be back to purchase more injectors -- at their inflated prices.

Last edited by bdman : 15th March 2018 at 15:28.
bdman is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 17:35   #35
BHPian

bdman, I had a similar experience with two injectors failing at 35000 km on my Duster AWD. Both were replaced under warranty. The problem was reported to be the piezo failure, they were not more communicative.

Injector failure is one of the common problems reported and the other problems reported are clutch failure (mine at 39k km) and hydraulic suspension failure (have not failed yet). The quoted price for four injectors is Rs 1 lakh, which is steep in terms of cost of ownership.
SajiNSalin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 17:54   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Did you know that Renault that a contract with injector manufacturer -- Continental -- that prevents Continental in India from serviceing or even selling parts for the injectors? All I need is a Rs 3,000 part (piezo electric stack). Instead Renault wants me to shell out Rs 25,000 per injector. I hear that this price is inflated as injectors on average cost about Rs 10,000.
This is shocking, isn't part of unfair trade practices?? Either Renault has to enable the service OR allow the company directly service similar to what Bosch does in India.

Keenly watching how this case proceeds. Thanks for sharing the info.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 18:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
This is shocking, isn't part of unfair trade practices?? Either Renault has to enable the service OR allow the company directly service similar to what Bosch does in India.

Keenly watching how this case proceeds. Thanks for sharing the info.
thanks.

I would urge everyone to ask Renault deep probing quations when it comes to Injector or fuel system failures. Following is a brief summary of the questions and Renault responses I have posed in writing to Renault Customer service:

1. Renault has BS4 engines, which Renault chose to launch way before BS4 Diesel was available in many parts of India. BS3 diesel, which was available at most bunks back in 2013 had atleast 300PPM of Sulfur. BS4 engines are desgned to run on not more than 50PPM Sufur. It is proven that running High Sulphur diesel in low sulfur diesel engines causes irrepairable damage to emissions equipment. What about other parts of the fuel sysstm? Fuel pumps? Injectors etc? In my case, my vehicle ran from 2013 to 2015 on high sulfur diesel. SInce it is a low mileage vehicle, it may have taken longer for the damage to be done. Resulting in an out of warranty claim. There has been no response from Renault to this question

2. Electrical problems can result is premature (peizo) injector failure. And replaced injectors will continue to fail if the electrical problems continue. Has the electrical system in the vehicle been inspected? Have they reviewed historical faults in the vehicle computer? In my case, after one of the services the dealership did not tighten the battery clamp properly. Resulting in starting problems, Engine dying etc. This continued for about 10 days. Could this have been a contributing factor to the premature injector failure. Renault refuses to answer this question.

3. Renault claims that injector fails because of contaminated fuel. Howver, Renault say they do not have te capability to test and provide a report to the customer to support their assertion as to what contamination they fouhnd inside the injectors. Renault says they will not provide any report.

4. Can Renault provide a list of petrol bunks whose diesel will meet their standards and not cause injector failure? Renault refuses to answer this question.

5. Why is Renault preventing Continental from selling spare parts and/or establishing a service network? Renault refuses to answer this question.

6. What is the complaint escalation matrix within Renault. e.g. If I am not happy with the dealer resolution I can escalate to Renault Customer Service -- who give canned reponses. Who can we escalate beyond that within Renault, before going to court ? Renault refuses to answer this question.

7. Corrosion Issues: Certain batches of Duster produced in Chennai are known to have corrosion issues. This has prompted a recall of the vehicle in UK and Renault making a decision to not sell Chennai produced cars in the UK market. Given that Renault had this information, what efforts have they made in India to perform corrrosion inspections, or recall the vehicle? Further, rust starts off as microscopic particles and any rust that gets into the fuel system (including fuel tank) can result in blocked injectors and injector failure. Will Renault provide to the customer a complete report of where they investigated and detected corrosion so that the customer can verify that all suspect areas have been checked and repaired. Renault refuses to answer this question. (Note: Recalls are done in other countries only if there are safety issues that could result in bodily harm to the occupants. This is corrosion is a serious matter)

My plan is to contunue to escalate this questions till someone in Renault answers them, even if it means escalating to France HO.

I would urge everyone to not trust Renault India blindly and get fooled by their "goodwill" warranty replacement. These fuel system failures seems to be a widespread problem that I think Renault is trying hard to cover up.

Please do your own research and dont be shy to ask tough questions. Its's your hard earned money afterall.

Last edited by bdman : 15th March 2018 at 18:57.
bdman is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 19:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
bdman, I had a similar experience with two injectors failing at 35000 km on my Duster AWD. Both were replaced under warranty. The problem was reported to be the piezo failure, they were not more communicative.

Injector failure is one of the common problems reported and the other problems reported are clutch failure (mine at 39k km) and hydraulic suspension failure (have not failed yet). The quoted price for four injectors is Rs 1 lakh, which is steep in terms of cost of ownership.
Hi. I would like to now how they knew it was peizo failure.? I would be grateful if you can get a little more info. Here's why..

My dealer told me that they do not test the injectors and do not have the capability to test them.

They simply do an return flow test on the vehicle (see clip below). This test in itself will not indicate the reason for the failure.

This is how a real injector test is done (which I paid Rs 6,000 and got done on my own)

This is the the testing Renault dealer did for me (return flow test)

Following which they want me to spend Rs 25,000 per injector (after just 40,000km)
bdman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 20:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, bdman for your effort to find the root cause of the problem, some members have taken such posts very personally and have tried to create an impression that these are like one-off cases. I have hardly seen any informative posts of this magnitude for injector problems. I disagree that it is due to use of BS-3 fuel because this problem has not been exclusive to Renault but also found on few Skoda vehicles too. My gut feeling is that it is because of poor quality of components used in Renault vehicles, a typical case of no control over SPVM.

Sutripta, we need Renault/Dacia OE/OEM Part number to find source abroad. Please correct me if I am wrong, the Delphi number is EJBR05601D 28232251, similarly we need the Continental part number.

Last edited by deehunk : 15th March 2018 at 21:01.
Old 15th March 2018, 20:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

How much do the injectors cost, if sourced abroad?

There is a need to find a second source for genuine Renault/ Duster spares.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 21:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post

Sutripta, we need Renault/Dacia OE/OEM Part number to find source abroad. Please correct me if I am wrong, the Delphi number is EJBR05601D 28232251, similarly we need the Continental part number.
The Renault OEM part number could be: 166006212R
and the Manufacturer (Continental / Siemens) Part Number could be H8201100113.

Please pardon me if this info is wrong. I've found it here, Ebay UK :
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-N...UAAOSwptJabkt-

Rs. 14510 + Rs. 2720 shipping.

Originally made by Siemens I think, Conti has acquired the automotive component business of Siemens.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 15th March 2018 at 21:40.
sandeepmdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 10:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
The Renault OEM part number could be: 166006212R
and the Manufacturer (Continental / Siemens) Part Number could be H8201100113.

Originally made by Siemens I think, Conti has acquired the automotive component business of Siemens.
Renault has multiple suppliers for their parts, if any member can share their invoice copy for replacing injectors, we can definitely find the alternate source.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 11:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4371894

They do Continental injector servicing.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 22:50   #44
BHPian

Alas! The vehicle (originally reported in this thread) suffered it's 4th failure in 37 months of ownership @ 20536 kms. This time it's the cylinder 1 injector affected. . The extended warranty expires in another 10 months. The vehicle is back at the ASC again.
suchit23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 23:58   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Thanks, bdman for your effort to find the root cause of the problem, some members have taken such posts very personally and have tried to create an impression that these are like one-off cases. I have hardly seen any informative posts of this magnitude for injector problems. I disagree that it is due to use of BS-3 fuel because this problem has not been exclusive to Renault but also found on few Skoda vehicles too. My gut feeling is that it is because of poor quality of components used in Renault vehicles, a typical case of no control over SPVM.

The Continental injector part no is H8200704191
166008052R
suchit23 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks