Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2004, 13:07   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (kakx @ May 12 2004,10:44)]I was also told that u can chk how good the qlty of petrol is, do this. Fill a 500 ML bottel with petrol and keep for some time. Chk the smeel after a day or two, most of it shd have evpaorated. Try this on diff types of petrol.
Hey Kakx,

I dont get exactly what you are saying.... but,
petrol pumps are hesitant to give you petrol in a bottle (it is illegal due to safety hazards).
And secondly, how will the petrol evaporate if it is in a closed bottle? (i hope).
Do you mean that the smell should have gone?

Im not so sure about how good this test is dyu have any more info?

cheers
Rehaan.
Old 12th May 2004, 13:17   #17
Team-BHP Support

I guess what he means is that if it is indeed pure petrol, it should evaporate completely. Any residue left is a reflection of the impurities in the fuel. And I think he meant leave the bottle open !!

Also, while it is illegal to give petrol in bottles, this is India yaaaaar! I regualrly fill up a 1 litre pepsi bottle with petrol when I doing some work on my bike and need it for something. No questions asked!!
Old 12th May 2004, 13:42   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (kakx @ May 12 2004,10:44)]Chk the smeel after a day or two, most of it shd have evpaorated.
Hey Rtech,

What you have described makes sense, however what kakx said (quoted above) is what confused me. "Smell"? and "MOST OF IT should have evaporated" being the key parts.

And yeah, i didnt say they wont give u petrol in a bottle..just that its illegal. *
I guess they were pretty strict about this rule about exactly a year back for some reason, because i used to need petrol for my bike as well, but they used to give me an extra hard time to give it in a bottle, but ofcourse they still gave it.

cya
R

Old 12th May 2004, 16:08   #19
BHPian

DOnt keep the bottle open, it will serve no purpose. Try it u will understand much better.

Any petrol pump will give you petrol in bottle, tell them u ran out of fuel close to the petrol pump only if they do natak.

kakx
Old 12th May 2004, 20:01   #20
Team-BHP Support

OK, now I'm confused too...

Is the smell supposed to go away? What does that prove anyways?

Explain pls!

ciao
Old 12th May 2004, 23:54   #21
BHPian

sniffed some petrol .. i am feeling high now! damn it was speed 93.. ..

Old 13th May 2004, 00:24   #22
RJK
Senior - BHPian

dips

speed 93 costs 41.63...i dont know abt regular speed but i'm guessing it should be a rupee less...but if you could tank up reliance petrol pump then nothing like it....38 bucks for 93 octane!! i've been doing it for the past 2-3 brims...the only catch is that the petrol pump is at kopar khairane...
Old 20th May 2004, 23:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ok Kimi, my piece of advice

The thing about normal fuel is that it has a RON rating (Octane number) of 87. Speed has 88. Power has 89. Xtra Premium 91 and then u have Speed and Power in 93 RON. All of the above branded fuels just have additives like STP or anything else you would put otherwise.

If u ask me Power vs Speed, i can vouch that Power for some reason ( and i guess its 89 rating) does give me better performance than Speed. Its a 5% difference, but is perceptible if you really have a keen ear while driving. What i do with the Zen is i fill it with Speed 3-times a month and once a month with 93. Like yours, mine is a VXI MPFi. And i can definitely say that 93 does improve the engine performance and smoothness which is even more perceptible. There is no knocking while shifting which is quite evident in the Zen MPfi. My point with filling 93 once a month is to give the engine a lil leaner mixture. That way she performs something like a 90 Octane fuel....lol.

Frankly i dont see much of a difference between Speed and Power. But if it is of grave concern to you then i suggest Power.

Till then
Keep Revvin ™
Revvmaster
Old 21st May 2004, 04:04   #24
SLK
Senior - BHPian

LOL delhi is cheaper.. Spead 93 is for 37 per liter. And availability is quite good
Old 3rd July 2004, 14:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

my personal xperience is that speed is better than power , both in normal avtaar and the 93 avtaar too. gives better milage and gr8r accleration and the engine doent feel out of breath ( purrs like a cat who has had the cream )

and yes , rj reliance is next door to my factory in kopar khairane ..so 93 octane at rs. 40.16 now though.

cheers
Old 4th July 2004, 02:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

i have tried all the different fuels .i feel power is better.but i think using normal 87octane fuel with additives like STP/Bahrdahl is more better.
i dont think using 93/95 petrol wud make any big differnce which wud justify the huge difference in costs.as our vehicles were designed taking the 87 octane fuel into consideration.
so i use either power or the normal petrol with additives.
Old 5th July 2004, 00:17   #27
SLK
Senior - BHPian

My car, has a knocking problem.... (don't bother, as maruti has totally failed to correct it).... anyways so I have tried all types of fuels... to minimise knocking.

Its the least with Speed 93...
Then comes Xtra-Premium (91 Octane I guess)
Then comes power and josh and speed and normal 87 octane

What I have felt is, unless I move to higher octane nothing gets better (no less knocking, no smoothness..... no fuel economy....nothing)

But then speed 93, is very costly.... more than Rs 4 costlier than normal.

Xtra_premium is a better combination of performance and price.... so I normally use this.

About mixing, different fuels..... I have done that so often that, now I feel my car is immune to that. Nothing happens.... I keep changing from Speed 93 to.. Xtra Premium... and to normal 87 octane (when out of station).

And yes its actually better to use... Speed 93 or Xtra premium than putting additives (at least any amount of SystemG doesn't help my car)

And... if u see it.. Speed 93 is RED (just like my car, thats what the guy said...lol) in colour..... so u can always differentiate.
Old 6th July 2004, 00:10   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I was told by the mercedes service chaps to stop using Power.
I have always used power in all my cars,specially my accord which i fill up everytime has never had anything but power in its tank, the car performance like a dream even tho its automatic but i am debating if power is worth that extra 2rs as my car as it is gives a very bad avg hardly 6. Should i start using normal petrol i think it may just perform the same eh?
Old 6th July 2004, 14:00   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ May 07 2004,08:55)]Speed93 suits my Vtec the best
Hey Ajmat.
Which gas station you're going?
Old 27th July 2004, 15:03   #30

hey,
speed and power are all the same. there is no difference between them. but using speed or power in your car does make a difference in mileage and much more. its true that it also removes the carbon deposits. but want more try speed 93 !! i use it in my indigo and zen. it makes a big difference. i think u should try it once. but i recommend that if u r using speed 93 for the first time, u fuel ur car with speed 93 only when ur tank is on reserve and fill atleast 20 lts of it. u'll feel the difference !! and if u r regular user of speed or speed 93, u'll feel the difference !! and just check out the mileage that speed 93 gives u on highways like the express highway !! u'll go bonkers !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks