Team-BHP - So you thought BOSE only made music systems?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   So you thought BOSE only made music systems? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/1733-so-you-thought-bose-only-made-music-systems.html)

Yup you read the headline right.

Bose, the famous acoustics corporation thinks that the acoustics as well as the ride of your suspension sucks! How come? 24 years of research and the results are astonishing to say the least. Read this article on them.

Before and After Before and After Before and After

Read more of the story here: Bose Suspension System

Revv

This is gr8.... but somehow this seems to be to be denying the laws of physics. ..

Thats good news.....all i hope is that they set the same high standards of suspension making as they do with their acoustics!!

Iam not an expert in car mechanics..but this does seem right..I have seen even high end cars having some sort of body roll, this thing is just showing none..since the car is high..if it was a low rider , i can understand..also does the swaybar help the rolls as well..I have heard people changing then and saying they have reduced the body roll to zilch....

but it surely looks temting..

even bose is having quality troubles the car audio systems they make are not the best and the OEM bose speakers that come with a lot of cars are again not the best sounding one....I mean for my listening pleasure its awesome..but people with my car complain about the bose..they even goto the extent to say that the worst part about the car is the bose..and i have heard about the bose like this for many cars..anyhow

we will have to wait and see this..i will try and bring it up on different forms and see what i get on this..

Did you ever want your luxury car to handle like a sports car and yet, retain it's plush ride quality at the same time?

Technically, that wouldn't have been possible, until NOW!!!

Bose has developed their own suspenssion which uses hi tech electromagnetic motors, instead of the conventional setup which reacts much faster to any undulations on the road, giving you a ride of a life time.

But, what really sets this sytem apart, is it's ability to offer you the best of both worlds.

Drive it on bad roads and it soaks up every pothole, bump so well, that you won't even feel it. Then, once you're done tottering around town, you can head to the nearest race track and drive the wheels off your car, without bodyroll, pitch or any off those things a sports car shouldn't have.

At first even i found it hard to believe, infact i'm still trying hard to come to terms with it. But it's possible.

Check out this Bose website where you'll also find a few vids they have to offer (at the bottom right), what you're about to see............ defies the laws of physics.

Bose Suspension - Website

Shan2nu

NOTE: Topic has been merged.

Great stuff there dude...
But is it already in use on cars in the market? or are they still testing?

Drifter

There was an article in ACI (I guess November 04 Issue) on this.

I had read about this in one of the ACI issues and I was surprised to read that founder of the Bose corporation Amar bose is Nani Gopal Bose's son who had shifted from Calcutta to Philadelphia.

that would be a dream come true...but i doubt if it will suit any of our pockets for a long long time. rl: rl:
maybe it will come as a standard only on the super luxury or sports cars...but i dont understand if it will work on a sports car due to its ground clearance they do not give it that much ride height nor will their be enough play action.
might be good on luxury car.
;) i think it would suit all the luxury cars in india...due to our roads.. lol:

Quote:

But is it already in use on cars in the market? or are they still testing?
i think they're still testing it. But it shouldn't be long before it makes it's way onto our road cars. Only question is, will it be within our reach? A system like that, considering the years of R & D, wont be anywhere close to the word (reasonably priced).

Lets just hope that Bose goes easy on the Indian market, afterall the founder did come from this part of the world. Hehe

Shan2nu

Quote:

but i dont understand if it will work on a sports car due to its ground clearance they do not give it that much ride height nor will their be enough play action.
might be good on luxury car.
In that case, you can always raise the suspenssion, which is just a matter of pressing a button. And lower it when you need to cane it.

I know we already have cars with the ride height adjustment system, but they'll never be as quick and efficient as this one.

Shan2nu

the ride height wont make that much of difference in sports cars...they go up and down by max 10-15mm. also as you said they are electro-magnetic not much options in height adjustment.
also sports cars wit 30 profile tires...????

Quote:

the ride height wont make that much of difference in sports cars...they go up and down by max 10-15mm. also as you said they are electro-magnetic not much options in height adjustment.
also sports cars wit 30 profile tires...????
Well, you're talking in terms of the conventional system, but this a totally diff ballgame. No matter what car it is, the ride height can be raised to a large extent.

And about the 30 profile tyres, watch the video of the car go over that speed breaker. Tyre profile has nothing to do with it, the suspenssion soaks in the bump, no matter how low profile the tyre is.

Ofcourse a race car won't really need all this since ride comfort isn't their main area of interest, but what about those bumpy circuits, race cars have to face so many times, which can unsettle the balance. What if a race car could soak in those bumps without sacrificing handling.

On road cars like the Subaru, Evo, S2000 , such a system will be highly appreciated.

With this system, you can keep the ride height low and still have much better ride quality, than you would have got with a conventional system.

Shan2nu

Those test videos are amazing. Now the question is how will Bose price it. Hopefully not like their audio systems where they charge twice as any comparable system. I am a former Bose HTS owner. I sold it and settled for something cheaper and better.

BOSE according to me makes one of the worst sounding audio systems but it still manages to sell like hot cakes!!??!! :confused: , all they are good at is marketing rather geniuses at bull-****ting. I can just imagine........

Satyam.