Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2006, 01:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Is this possible ?

Hi,

I dont know how to put this in front but i will try my best to elaborate it...

Till no i use to thought that if i shift from a higher gear to a lower gear in high speed the car will do sudden breaking. (Tried it 2 times and this happened) but today when i was just chatting with my frnd in dehradhun he told me he has driven a lancer near his place in which if he shifts from 4th gear to 3rd gear at speed of 100 there is no sudden breaking etc...

I mean is this possible ?? If yes how ?

P.S. Please tell me if you are not able to understand my question.

Thanks.
Old 21st September 2006, 04:29   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
Hi,

Till no i use to thought that if i shift from a higher gear to a lower gear in high speed the car will do sudden breaking. (Tried it 2 times and this happened) but today when i was just chatting with my frnd in dehradhun he told me he has driven a lancer near his place in which if he shifts from 4th gear to 3rd gear at speed of 100 there is no sudden breaking etc...

Thanks.
It depends on the RPM level and the clutch engagement at the time shifting.I am sure your friend would have shifted from higher gear to lower gear during lower RPM level and slight clutch engagement.

Engine breaking is a good way to control the vehicle if used properly.
Old 21st September 2006, 08:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Braking

There would be a slight drop in the vehicle speed and the revvs will go higher. The engine whine will be increased. The sudden breaking feel may not be there at a speed exceeding 100 kms while shifting down from 4th to 3rd..

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
Hi,

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks