Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2004, 00:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Have you been feeling a bit hard, turning yor steering lately.

Well, my Vtec's steering had been feeling like a rock for a couple of days. And when ever a wheel entered a pothole, the steering would twitch to one side.

I searched the net for a few answers and found some info on onset and offset of wheels, which causes yor steering to feel either heavy or twitchy.

But i had to dismiss this probability, as *my car was still running on stock alloys and that didn't make sense at all.

Last week, when the Honda guys were in town, i took my car there and got it checked. I was told that both the tie rods, had play in them (due to the harsh road conditions) which created the heavy and twichy feeling in the steering.

Got that changed imediately. now the car is up n running, as good as before.

So if yor steering has been feeling heavy lately, then please do get it checked.

Tie Rod

Some interesting info on tierods.........

Shan2nu

Old 5th October 2004, 00:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Oct. 04 2004,22:59)]I was told that both the tie rods, had play in them (due to the harsh road conditions) which created the heavy and twichy feeling in the steering.
Look who's talking?
You push the car to the hilt and ....talking about harsh road conditions
Old 5th October 2004, 00:36   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Haha, pretty straight-forward, eh? How much has your car covered by now, and what was the costing like?

GTO
Old 5th October 2004, 00:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Look who's talking?
You push the car to the hilt and ....talking about harsh road conditions *
Lol, i may drive fast, but i make sure the roads are perfectly alright. Maybe those slides/drifts at 140 took it's toll on the car. Lol

But then again, no use owning a Vtec, if you don't take it to it's limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Haha, pretty straight-forward, eh? How much has your car covered by now, and what was the costing like?
Well my car has covered around 43.3K. Both tierods, cost me less than 500 bucks.

Shan2nu

Old 5th October 2004, 00:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Oct. 04 2004,23:13)]But then again, no use owning a Vtec, if you don't take it to it's limit.
Taking to limits is fine.. but taking over the limits isnt...By the way..i still remember you driving Rehaans Accent back on that Expressway ghat section!!!!!

Old 5th October 2004, 01:08   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Oct. 04 2004,23:13)]Well my car has covered around 43.3K. Both tierods, cost me less than 500 bucks.
It's the only point to own a VTEC. Fantastic engine. Cheap to service. Pathetic interior.. well you have to live with some compromise.
Old 5th October 2004, 01:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]By the way..i still remember you driving Rehaans Accent back on that Expressway ghat section!!!!!
Well even there, i wasn't going beyond the limit. If i had, we wouldn't have been here, having this conversation. Hehe.....

But yeah, it was great while it lasted, those tyres are awesome Rehaan.

Shan2nu
Old 5th October 2004, 01:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Oct. 04 2004,23:38)]Well even there, i wasn't going beyond the limit. If i had, we wouldn't have been here, having this conversation. Hehe.....
Some one making a taunt about the Hyundais ha...hehe joking dude!!!
Old 5th October 2004, 01:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]It's the only point to own a VTEC. Fantastic engine. Cheap to service. Pathetic interior.. well you have to live with some compromise.
Yup, the interiors are truly old fashioned. But ask me to make a sketch of the interiors and i maynot even know, which swith goes where. Lol. Never really cared.

The only image i recollect from being in the Vtec are those 2 round dials, one for the tacho and the other for the speedo.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks