Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2006, 07:00   #1
BHPian

Today I was doing around 90 MPH in a US highway (No cops around and the road was empty) with my Volvo S40 and I just experienced a pass away by a BMW M5.He must be doing around 130+ or something. I know my car is no way near that Monster, but just want try the limits. so pressed the metal to the floor. The Engine got Revv up and sure I touched the 130+ limit and somehow catch up with that M5.(Just 1 min fun).

But during this 90 to 130 process my "Check Engine" Lights flashed out and stay on. I know nothing was wrong in my car since I just did all maintenance stuff a week back. Today I checked the with the dealer and they say it's just because of Engine Misfiring and nothing to worry about.(they reset it and charged 90$ for it) I am just surprised why they would store the one time Engine Misfiring to glow the "Engine Check". Do you guys think that is required? The ECM should continuously monitored the Engine firing sequence and recorded an error only if it keep on misfire. I really don’t know what is the intention of the Engineers who designed/programmed this stuff to store a one time error? Though you store it what we are going to by knowing that. The Volvo dealer just reset the ECM and they didn’t do anything.(In fact they can’t do anything about it? do they?.I am just thinking it's kind of Money making technique the manufactures use?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th September 2006 at 07:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks