Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: 1st service for the Octavia - Now or later???
Service strictly as per the service manual 19 63.33%
Service earlier than recommended 9 30.00%
No difference either way! 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2004, 13:35   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Howcum you decided to switch over to mobil 1 (isnt it called delvac for deisels?) at ~6k-km rather than at your 10k-km service ? (assuming ur services are at 5,10,20...)
Hey R, didn't see youir post earlier! I was always gonna use Mobile. Infact, according to Skoda, all their new cars come from the factory with Mobile 1 as OE.

BTW, Delvac is mainly used only by heavy duty diesels as the ones in trucks or generators. For regular passenger cars, the normal Mobile 1 is used. This I got from the horse's mouth, as I email Mobile 1 itself asking what they recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]mobil 1 has been launched for bikes too!! there was a full page ad in last month's overdrive with all the distributors phone nos,i called mine ,went to his shop ,
it's a small one litre bottle of 20w50, dont remeber the price though, was in a hurry and the guy was taking a lot of time to tell the price
Hey aadix, no, i didnt see the ad, thanks for the info. I knew Mobile had bike specific oil, just didn't know they had launched it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]btw did u see that mobil 1 5w50 topic in xbhp? why was everybody giving it a postive rating?
Nope, didn't see that topic. But, this got me reading up about oils again and i found this very interesting link. Check it out here

You can count me as one of the ppl who was taken in by the marketing! But this test shows that auto oils work just as well as the so call bike specific oils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]isnt power one 10w30 rating??? i heard a lot of bad reviews abt it, check xbhp/bajajpulsar archives
I am happy with Power 1. With all due respect, I don't really take what a lot of xbhp members say very seriously. I have been using Power 1 since my first service and am happy with it.

The main thing is to change your oil regularly. There is no substitute for this!

Rt
Old 8th September 2004, 15:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ Sep. 08 2004,01:17)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ Sep. 08 2004,00:15)]btw did u see that mobil 1 5w50 topic in xbhp? why was everybody giving it a postive rating?
isnt power one 10w30 rating??? i heard a lot of bad reviews abt it, check xbhp/bajajpulsar *archives
Hi Aadix,

To me it seems like you are relating the grade of the oil (20W50 etc) to the quality of the oil....which is incorrect.

check out the engine oil bible, it should explain what the "20W50" etc mean..

cya
R
nooooooooooooooooooooo!
i am not rating it to quailty,i know what the ratings mean
just that in bp/xbhp forums few guys were telling how power 1 turns almost like water at high temp, and the engine heats up like hell, i believe someone's engine got seized too

Old 16th September 2004, 18:32   #33
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys, my car is close to 4000km mark. When do you think I should put Mobile 1?
Old 16th September 2004, 18:59   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Anytime after the 1st service, or 5000kms is appropriate Rudra. Will do wonders.

GTO
Old 1st November 2004, 16:28   #35

hi,
do ur services as written on the book dont change the oil before the service indication , that will be displayed on ur panel. or the months the dealer said
see this car is good, drive its slowly till the first service, dont go above 130kms. if u change ur oil before time u will upset all ur services. and dont worry about the car its not like other cars.
check ur car throughly and change what ever is necessary, check ur tires too , the ones which comes with the car r real bad tires, ull come to know about the tires in ur 3rd service.
dont worry be happy , chill man
bye
akki

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks