Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2004, 17:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Wouldnt left foot braking also save those crucial milliseconds whilst racing i.e. the time you would spend taking your right foot off the accelerator, go to the brake pedal and come back?
Could be.

Shan2nu
Old 27th November 2004, 02:38   #17
BHPian

yes Gto.. you are right but the main purpose is to keep the revs high so that you dont loose pickin it up... the main reason is to keep the revs high.. but it has to be done perectly cause accelerating and braking simultaneously for a long time slows the car more so. and gives an opposite effect
Old 23rd December 2004, 09:22   #18
BHPian

its a gr8 idea to have a rally school in india. sadly there are none as far as I know. do u know one? where it is? what r the courses? and the charges? coz the foreign rally schools take a lot of weight out of your pocket.
Old 29th December 2004, 13:38   #19
BHPian

there are NO rally schools in India ...
MRF conducts Rally Driving Classes once in a year ... Getting Old Rally Drivers from abroad .... Last year it was Juha Kankkunen who was the teacher ... MRF conducts these classes in Coimbatore and Generally advertise in Newspaper regarding these driving lessons ...
Old 26th July 2013, 12:27   #20
BHPian

Re: rally driving

Nice thread and definitely useful for people trying out this rally school of driving. However, one thing is crystal clear: You need to have mastered driving in the normal routine and can shift quickly depending on the range of speed you are in. Frankly speaking, i have been double clutching all this while unknowingly, but i shift into gear slightly slow to keep things smooth. I have tried to shift into gear and zoom off, that left a bad impression on my brother about my driving and from thereon, i have learnt to shift slow. Believe me for the time being, a beginner driver will always have his left foot on the clutch irrespective of the situation and end result being he wears out his clutch and also, left foot fatigue. Only now have i consciously begun to move my left foot off the clutch and to be pretty frank, i am happy that i learnt to drive myself. Nothing like doing it yourself, eh?

Most Viewed