Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2016, 13:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota India's Extended Warranty Plans & Pricing - Up to 7 years of coverage

Overall very supportive of these plans, but 1.4lac/7 years cap for Innova?
In my opinion and experience, I have rarely seen an Innova take that long to complete 1.4 l km. My Innova will finish 4 years in August and will top 1.4l km by then.
Old 14th August 2016, 14:04   #17
BHPian

Re: Toyota India's Extended Warranty Plans & Pricing - Up to 7 years of coverage

There are confusions in the Extended Warranty Cost list. If one say that the warranty cost will be more for irregularly serviced vehicle compared to regularly serviced vehicles, it looks logical. But, warranty cost is more for petrol models than diesel models in some cases ? Looks illogical to me.
Old 6th December 2016, 16:58   #18
BHPian

Just checking if it makes sense to go for an Extended Warranty on a Toyota, given how most people keep singing praises on its reliability and parts durability.
I know the overarching opinion on the forum is to opt for extended warranties, but my question is, if it is as relevant for a Toyota when compared to any other brand, say a Skoda, Tata or even a Maruti?

I have a Liva GD completing an year in 15 days, and was undecided on whether to opt for this. I have the maximum possible extended warranties on both the other cars - Full 4 yrs/80k kms for the Swift, and the 5yr one for the i20, and naturally was quite excited to hear Toyota offer Extended warranties, until this question popped up in my head.
Old 17th December 2016, 19:04   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
Just checking if it makes sense to go for an Extended Warranty on a Toyota, given how most people keep singing praises on its reliability and parts durability.
I know the overarching opinion on the forum is to opt for extended warranties, but my question is, if it is as relevant for a Toyota when compared to any other brand, say a Skoda, Tata or even a Maruti?

I have a Liva GD completing an year in 15 days, and was undecided on whether to opt for this. I have the maximum possible extended warranties on both the other cars - Full 4 yrs/80k kms for the Swift, and the 5yr one for the i20, and naturally was quite excited to hear Toyota offer Extended warranties, until this question popped up in my head.
Hi,

Toyota is offering Maximum Extended warranty coverage [additional 2Y/80,000km].
Hence, in total you will get 5Y/180,000km [3Y/100,000km manufacturer warranty + 2Y/80,000km extended warranty].
This coverage is superior, compare to your existing cars extended warranty coverage.
If you want lower km coverage for same 2 years period, that is also available with Toyota.
Note : Early purchase will get you lower extended warranty price.
Old 18th December 2016, 07:11   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Great move by Toyota. Hope others follow.

I have a question though. Can one take extended warranty for the 6th and 7th year in the 5th year, when the car is not under initial warranty?
When car is not under Initial warranty, customer can purchase Time less warranty.
Timeless warranty provides additional coverage 12months/20,000kms [whichever is earlier] from coverage start date

Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 07:16   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
There are confusions in the Extended Warranty Cost list. If one say that the warranty cost will be more for irregularly serviced vehicle compared to regularly serviced vehicles, it looks logical. But, warranty cost is more for petrol models than diesel models in some cases? Looks illogical to me.
Attaching updated price list of Timeless warranty.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Timeless Waranty Price list.pdf (538.9 KB, 659 views)
Old 18th December 2016, 07:23   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
Local Toyota Dealer called me and offered 2 year/1.8Lakh km extended warranty and I am taking it. So I am going to have warranty upto 5 years. How can I buy warranty for 6th & 7th Year. This is confusing.
If car is within warranty period [<3Y/<100,000km], you can buy True Warranty , Maximam additional covearge [2Y/80,000km].

Once car is beyond 5Y [ In which case out of Extended warranty], you can buy Timeless warranty for additional one year/20,000km, subject to your vehicle km should be <140,000km
Sunil Saride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 20:37   #23

Nudging this thread after more than an year...i recently purchased a Platinum Etios VxD and the dealership is pushing me to go for the extended warranty.

Considering my usage levels (not more than a maximum of 20,000 km per year), it would take more than 5 years to pile up 1 L Km on the odo. So it seems logical that i take up the 2 year and 0 Kms additional extended warranty being offered at a rate of Rs. 10,620. (The additional 2 year with 40,000 km comes at a cost of Rs. 12k odd.)

I had taken up extended warranty for my i20 CRDi previously and had claimed replacement parts worth a total of Rs. 10,000 for the 2 times i needed a replacement under warranty. The Hyundai extended warranty however came with terms and conditions which were different from the original warranty. In Toyota's True warranty offering, the extended warranty terms and conditions are exactly same as the original warranty of 3 years and 1L kms.

Now the question i have (dilemma rather) here is - would it really be worth to take up extended warranties for the Toyota Platinum Etios diesel which has been labelled as the most dependable sedan for some time now?

I also understand that if warranty and extended warranty is to be honored, we must ensure proper service at authorized service centers only. While i see this a pain in the neck for the previous brands that i owned (Maruti, Hyundai and Tata where service quality and service costs have been points of concern ), i believe the best place to service a Toyota (Etios specifically) would be the Toyota authorized service centers itself, where quality and costs are significantly better in comparison to servicing the vehicle in other local service points. The advantage of quality, genuine spares and reasonable service costs come to the forefront.

Would like to hear from the experts and experienced - please guide me if it is really worth the money to go for extended warranty on a Toyota Etios diesel. If i decide to take up the Toyota True warranty, I need to take it by 25th February 2018; post which the rates might go up by a couple of thousands.
Old 7th February 2018, 21:42   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshgnath View Post
Now the question i have (dilemma rather) here is - would it really be worth to take up extended warranties for the Toyota Platinum Etios diesel which has been labelled as the most dependable sedan for some time now?
Chiming in since I have owned Toyotas over a continuous span of about 12 years. Leaving the marketing slogans aside remember it is a machine and can fail due to a variety of reasons. TKM provides a 3 year 100K kms warranty on most vehicles which by itself is a measure of confidence in their quality, a warranty matched or exceeded only recently by other manufacturers.

Quote:
I also understand that if warranty and extended warranty is to be honored, we must ensure proper service at authorized service centers only. While i see this a pain in the neck for the previous brands that i owned (Maruti, Hyundai and Tata where service quality and service costs have been points of concern ), i believe the best place to service a Toyota (Etios specifically) would be the Toyota authorized service centers itself, where quality and costs are significantly better in comparison to servicing the vehicle in other local service points. The advantage of quality, genuine spares and reasonable service costs come to the forefront.
Toyota's labour service charges are reasonable but spares can get expensive. The good bit is frequently used consumables are also reasonably priced. And yes, you will be tied to only ASCs which if you ask me is a very good thing. Why? Toyota's ASCs are very good to excellent (YMMV of of course). Also, 90% of FNGs are trial-and-error AKA mickey mouse operations with untrained labour. There's a know-it-all mechanic around every corner. How do I know? One word - experience spanning 3+ decades of maintaining bikes and cars. And believe me I also know some hot shot FNGs that work on exotics like Rolls Royces etc whose bills can clean out your wallet faster than you can blink your eyes. NOBODY knows a vehicle better than the company that designed and manufactured it. Period.

Quote:
If i decide to take up the Toyota True warranty, I need to take it by 25th February 2018; post which the rates might go up by a couple of thousands.
Extended warranties are like insurance policy. No product is 100% perfect hence manufacturers offer standard and extended warranties. if I were you I'd go in for it solely for that extra peace of mind.

Last edited by R2D2 : 7th February 2018 at 21:44.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 22:06   #25

Thank you R2D2 for your thoughts on this!

I agree with you - Leaving aside all those marketing slogans - yes, after all this is just a machine where many things can go wrong based on the different use case scenarios! And extended warranties can protect our wallet, like an insurance, during these times!

And if i split the cost of extended warranty over the 2 additional years, it comes to slightly above 5K per year (my i20 CRDi service costs incurred every 6 months, were far higher than this. )

All i needed was the reassurance and learning from experienced people in this group to make the decision. This makes sense to me; will be taking the extended warranty this week! Thank you once again!
Old 7th February 2018, 22:25   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshgnath View Post
And if i split the cost of extended warranty over the 2 additional years, it comes to slightly above 5K per year (my i20 CRDi service costs incurred every 6 months, were far higher than this. This makes sense to me; will be taking the extended warranty this week! Thank you once again!
See? It's a no brainer actually. Just go in for that extended warranty and enjoy additional POM (Peace Of Mind).

Rs 5K/year or about Rs 400/month is a very reasonable price to pay. I didn't have this option when I purchased my Toyotas and these warranties would have been welcome all those years ago.
Old 18th August 2018, 10:28   #27
BHPian

Hello,

Just for the Peace of Mind (POM!), few weeks back I purchased the Toyota True Extended Warranty for my Fortuner. At the time of buying this pack, my vehicle was just within the 3 yr factory warranty period, actually just short by 2 weeks of expiry, bit lazy and planned my expenses that way!
I opted for the "4th & 5th year with max 1.8 Lacs KMs" coverage plan, highest in slab, costing Rs.71036 (all inclusive). I believe thats quite a lot of money, but just for the POM, and I plan to keep this vehicle stay good with me for very long time. The Toyota dealer Millennium is just 5 min drive from my home, this is another POM.

In normal scenario, I wouldn't be driving so many KMs in 2 years (say another 90K in 2 yrs!!), but anyways the difference wasn't much if opting with a slight lower spec package. And who knows, I might be very lucky to get super leaves sanctioned from my office, and even get full sponsors for big cross-country trips! Be Positive, thats my blood group!

Pricelist (pls ignore the image quality): See the pack rates increases as the age of vehicle increases within company warranty period; I purchased in "731-1095 days" segment (i.e. between 2nd & 3rd yr):
Toyota India's Extended Warranty Plans & Pricing - Up to 7 years of coverage-toyota-extended-warranty.jpg

Im yet to receive the official documents for the warranty extension, as Im curious to know the actual coverage of parts as its scenarios. Gurus can pls share your inputs.

FYI, in March-18 few months back I purchased a preowned 2015 model Fortuner (Black) 3L 4x4 MT, was registered in Aug'15 and done 80500 KM at time of my purchase. This year in May, I did a nice family trip to Ladakh, awesome vehicle, current ODO is ~92000 KM. I sold my Xylo E6 after using for ~7.5 yrs & 1.97 Lacs KM (just a bit short of 2 Lac mark, but all good happened so quickly), it was my daily workhorse & did numerous trips including big ones like Spiti and Bhutan. In general I favor Extended Warranty packs, did put my comments long back HERE .

OT: Now that I will be within Toyota's warranty program, I do have few queries to start with:
- is that mandatory to use Toyota's engine oils ?
- what about aftermarket suspension (I have read about Ironman / ARB OME setup on this forum)
- any other pointers ?

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 16:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hello,
Just for the Peace of Mind (POM!), few weeks back I purchased the Toyota True Extended Warranty for my Fortuner. At the time of buying this pack, my vehicle was just within the 3 yr factory warranty period, actually just short by 2 weeks of expiry, bit lazy and planned my expenses that way!
What are the current costs for 6th and 7th year Timeless warranty? I currently have 5 years warranty for my Crysta and believe I can buy timeless warranty only after my car completes 3 years ?.
Old 12th November 2018, 22:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
What are the current costs for 6th and 7th year Timeless warranty? I currently have 5 years warranty for my Crysta and believe I can buy timeless warranty only after my car completes 3 years ?.

max its available for 5 years, and no offering for 6th or 7th year.

New Information available here : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...2-lakh-km.html (Toyota now offers extended warranty up to 2.2 lakh km!)

regards,
Pranav
Old 11th March 2022, 16:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone purchased and used a timeless warranty from Toyota?
I wanted to purchase a timeless warranty for my 4.x year old pre owned Etios liva as the previous owner had not purchased any extended warranty. I was told that my car would be eligible for the "irregular" timeless warranty as the previous owner had not followed the service intervals correctly (most probably due to COVID and the lockdowns)

The service advisor also wanted to set expectations that Toyota may reject warranty claims if they turn out to be due to failure to adhere to the recommended maintenance schedules.

If so I was wondering what is the value in paying almost 50% more for a warranty (11K for regularly serviced liva vs 14.5 for Irregularly serviced vehicle) where all the risk is on myself ?

Last edited by greenhorn : 11th March 2022 at 16:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks