Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2016, 23:00   #1
BANNED

Rapid & Vento: Faulty Injectors? Repair instead of replacing

The Injectors of the Rapid and Vento cost about Rs.22.,000/- each and many of you must have had to pay this amount frequently to replace them.

There is no need to spend Rs.22,000/- anymore and it is now possible to repair Skoda and Volkswagen injectors.

Failures of these injectors are on account of two reasons:

(1) Solenoid failure and

(2) Mechanical failure - dirt, rust etc..

Most reputed FNG Diesel Injector repair shops will replace the solenoid or repair / remove the rust on your injectors now.

Approximate Costs:

Mechanical: Cleaning / Removing Rust etc- Approx Rs.1200/-

Electronic: Solenoid replacement etc: Approx: Rs.3000/-

The savings on this will be about Rs. 19,000/- to Ra.21,000/- per injector!!

Procedure:

1. Do the VCDS check to ascertain whether it's an electronic or mechanical problem and with which injector(s).

2. Removing and replacement of injectors are fairly simple and most Skoda / VW FNG's can do it for you.

3. After repairing the injector and refitting the same you need to do the "Micro Quantity Adaptation" through the VCDS. This can also be done through most Skoda / VW FNG's.

4. Rarely, some injectors may be beyond repair (your FNG would indicate this to you) and only then would replacement is required.

5. Repairs to injectors of most German cars can be done in this manner saving a lot of money. Have seen X6 injectors being repaired in this manner.

WARNING:

Ensure that the FNG you entrust this has done this before and is experienced in this area.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th July 2016 at 07:36. Reason: On request
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 02:27   #2
BHPian

re: Rapid & Vento: Faulty Injectors? Repair instead of replacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
The Injectors of the Rapid and Vento cost about Rs.22.,000/- each and many of you must have had to pay this amount frequently to replace them.

5. Repairs to injectors of most German cars can be done in this manner saving a lot of money. Have seen X6 injectors being repaired in this manner.

WARNING:

Ensure that the FNG you entrust this has done this before and is experienced in this area.
Bosch Diesel Workshops do "almost perfect" rehauling of Bosch Injectors and one can directly visit them to get injectors tested via their proprietary diagnostics software and rehauled if needed.

Thanks
Aditya

Last edited by Aditya : 4th July 2016 at 07:37. Reason: Quoted text edited
iron.head is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 07:06   #3
BANNED

re: Rapid & Vento: Faulty Injectors? Repair instead of replacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
Bosch Diesel Workshops do "almost perfect" rehauling of Bosch Injectors
Rapid / Vento are not fitted with Bosch injectors.

The OEM is either Siemens or Continental.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 17:20   #4
BHPian

Re: Rapid & Vento: Faulty Injectors? Repair instead of replacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post

WARNING:

Thank you VeyronSuperSprt for this information. Would you have details of such FNG who repair the faulty injectors for Vento either in Chennai or Bangalore?
Old 13th July 2016, 09:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

I have read lot of posts here and on Facebook about injector failure on Rapid and Vento, but nobody could explain me how this conclusion was made and what were the problems they noticed in their vehicles before the injectors really failed. Thanks VeyronSuperSprt for sharing the information which was there on my mnd from past one year.
Old 13th July 2016, 12:15   #6
BHPian

Veyron, thank you very much for this news.
I had read lot in other international forums where they repair/service the injectors & not heard in our country. I think these injectors are Elctro-mechanical. If it can be serviced it would be a great relief to VW/Skoda owners. In fact my Rapids injectors were replaced under extended warranty. Now out of warranty I have to find FNG in B'lore, because I like the drivability of car so much.
Old 28th March 2018, 17:24   #7
BHPian

I had taken my Rapid to a nearby FNG on getting the dreaded fuel system warning, He has tried to overhaul 2 of the injectors (3 & 4)which were showing faults . He had taken it to some diesel works who do these overhauls and individual testing of the injectors. Post that the other cylinder (1st) is showing fault. He is suggesting overhauling the 1st injector as well, the 2nd one was already replaced recently to a new one during a highway trip. He is saying no coding is needed as the injectors are the same, and persisting that resetting the error code alone is enough.. Iam not so sure now.. can anyone advice.
Old 27th April 2018, 11:15   #8
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I have a Skoda Rapid with 1,06,000 KMS on ODO. I have been contemplating injector servicing for a while and finally took the plunge. No error in fuel system but I have been feeling that engine is very rough and lost the punch in recent times.
1. I have taken the car FNG for removal/refitting of injectors (BOSCH auth. Raghavendra Motors, Hoodi, Bangalore).

2. Next I visited Nayak Diesels, Yeswanthpur for servicing. These guys are very capable but unfortunately can't service Continental injectors. However they tested and concluded there were blocks in two injectors. I would recommend this place for any Bosch injectors overhaul/repair.

3. Next I headed to Hema Diesels, after false promise of repair of faulty injectors. After reaching he said can't repair due to lack of spares. He offered refurbished injectors at 8K per piece. I have decided to explore further

4. Next destination is Saravana Diesels near Lalbaugh. I met Mr. Abhilash, who is very knowledgeable and promised to restore my injectors to acceptable levels. He is able to overhaul two and repair remaining two injectors. They charged 1,500/- per injector for overhaul, additional 3,500 for spares. After refitting injectors, engine idle is very smooth and also more rev friendly.

I have struggled a lot to identify the right guy, but end results is just awesome. I fell in love again with my car
hillsnrains is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 20:48   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
4. Next destination is Saravana Diesels near Lalbaugh. I met Mr. Abhilash, who is very knowledgeable and promised to restore my injectors to acceptable levels. He is able to overhaul two and repair remaining two injectors. They charged 1,500/- per injector for overhaul, additional 3,500 for spares. After refitting injectors, engine idle is very smooth and also more rev friendly.

I have struggled a lot to identify the right guy, but end results is just awesome. I fell in love again with my car

My Vento's injector is not working currently and thanks to @hillsnrains I will visit Saravana Diesels to get them repaired. See the details in this post https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4464361 (Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review)
Old 3rd November 2018, 00:35   #10
BHPian

One of my friend is facing the injector issue with his Vento TDI 2011. The VW service center quoted him 52k for replacing the 2 injectors they found to be "Failing" and need replacement.

Any references for a tried and tested (trusted) FNG in Noida/Delhi/NCR region which can genuinely diagnose and repair these injectors if need be?
Old 11th February 2019, 19:21   #11
BHPian

Exactly similar query :

One of my friend is facing the injector issue with his Vento TDI 2011. The VW service center quoted him exorbitant cost.

Any references for a tried and tested (trusted) FNG in Wakad/Pune region which can genuinely diagnose and repair/replace these injectors if need be?
Old 5th August 2019, 21:38   #12
BHPian

My Vento was diagnosed to have a faulty injector today and I was quoted 32k for the part. Does anyone have any recommendations for a fng in Bangalore? I am planning to tow the car to Saravana diesels as suggested in the forum.
Old 6th August 2019, 17:10   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakubKC View Post
My Vento was diagnosed to have a faulty injector today and I was quoted 32k for the part. Does anyone have any recommendations for a fng in Bangalore? I am planning to tow the car to Saravana diesels as suggested in the forum.

You don't have to tow the car. Just remove the injectors and get it to them. Abhilash is knowledgeable and a honest chap. You should be extra careful when you get it removed from elsewhere and while fitting them back. A speck of dust/grime can reign havoc.
jeeva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 00:42   #14
BHPian

All thanks to this thread, I was able to save myself a pretty penny. Got the car back yesterday and she seems to be back to normal. It seems all the injectors needed overhauling-imagine if I had replaced one injector now at the ASC like they recommended and the remaining injectors went kaput in course of time. Hope everyone who faces similar injector problems finds this thread.
Old 8th September 2019, 21:29   #15
BHPian

Wish I had read this thread earlier. Recently my 2010 1.6tdi suddenly lost power with jerking and with glow lamp flashing amber. Towed the car to VW Rajajinagar Bangalore where it was diagnosed to have injector to the first cylinder failure. Replaced it for a cost of 23.5k and was further told the other injectors were under observation. If non VW service centres can fix it satisfactorily for a fraction of the price, I will be happy. The VW people blame it on the fuel.

Most Viewed