Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2017, 23:54   #16
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti's new Service Packages - MCP (Maintenance Cost Protect) for its entire range of cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishnipon View Post
There is a item called MOS in my plan, which I also see in the screenshots shared by OP. Can someone throw light on this?
I think it is Maruti On road Service (MOS). This branding is usually seen on the Omni and Eeco vehicles used for on road service by Maruti service centres. I hope I got this right.
Old 11th July 2017, 02:16   #17
BHPian

Re: Maruti's new Service Packages - MCP (Maintenance Cost Protect) for its entire range of cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
MOS is nothing but Maruti On-Road Support.

I think it is charged for any such requirement if called for at night time.
So it's on-road assistance. DO you think towing charge will be covered under MCP?
Old 11th July 2017, 02:24   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishnipon View Post
So it's on-road assistance. DO you think towing charge will be covered under MCP?
I am not sure because that question was unanswered for me as well when I purchased the MCP for my Alto K10 AMT.

I don't think it would be since the charge is 500 bucks. May be it means they'll come to that spot and help you out if the issue is small and manageable enough. Like battery issue, fuel over etc.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 12:42   #19
Oxy
BHPian

Just gave my Baleno Alpha CVT for the third "free" service (purchased on October 2017, done 10,100 kms on the odo). The service guy gives me an estimated cost of Rs.3150 (for engine oil/filter change, wheel alignment etc etc).

Then he goes on to tell me about MCP. Says if I pay some 4.3k extra now (which translates to a bill of close to Rs.7400), then my next service (at 20,000 kms) becomes absolutely free (only consumables will be charged which will be like Rs.300 odd).

It seemed a decent offer so I said yes. Then while searching MCP, I landed here. Went through this thread and dialled him back. He says I can avail MCP for up to 60,000 kms, and has promised to revert back with the cost of that.

Let's see what he quotes. Overall looks a good proposition to save money.
Old 15th May 2018, 13:20   #20
Oxy
BHPian

UPDATE:

Spoke to the service executive again. He says it will cost me Rs.21,888 for up to 50,000 kms.

Does this sound like a decent deal?

According to him I will be saving about 16k on service costs if I take this.
Old 15th May 2018, 21:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
UPDATE:

Spoke to the service executive again. He says it will cost me Rs.21,888 for up to 50,000 kms.

Does this sound like a decent deal?

According to him I will be saving about 16k on service costs if I take this.
Somehow, I m not very happy with MCP. Infact this is nothing but locking your hard money in their account & reaping interest while we take the car at specified interval & get discounts on bare minimum.

I took my car for 10k service and availed this. By 25k general service, it was exhausted. By 30k, it's totally useless. Nothing covered. Not even wheel balancing.

If you are one of those hard riders, care a hoot about car condition & frequent visit to garage for breakdown, repair then this plan is god sent. For folks who maintain cars like prized possession, this is just utter waste.
prithm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 14:26   #22

Dear all

I am owner of alto Lxi 800 (2018 model) and while getting the third free service i queried about the MCP cost and was told it amounted to 16,560/- for a period of three years (40,000 kms or 48 months whichever is earlier) which includes three paid services three wheel alignment etc.

I also have coupons from the dealer promising 50% labor cost off on first and second paid services and as per cost calculation the total service cost should not cross 13000/- which again is lower than 16,560.

MCP papers attached

Grateful for advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti's new Service Packages - MCP (Maintenance Cost Protect) for its entire range of cars-img20191222wa0001.jpg  

mishrameetu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 09:05   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishrameetu View Post
I also have coupons from the dealer promising 50% labor cost off on first and second paid services and as per cost calculation the total service cost should not cross 13000/- which again is lower than 16,560.

The difference in cost is due to the addition of services like WB, WA, pickup/drop, vehicle washing & cleaning, MOS charges . Please remember that if you opt for MCP, you will be tied to that particular dealer and its branches. You can't go elsewhere.

The MCP concept is mainly to protect against any future price increase in labour, consumables and parts.
Old 23rd December 2019, 12:07   #24

Exactly but some items tend to be not used at all. I take a half day off to get my car serviced and thus night charges etc don't really help me out and also MCP restricts one's options to move out to a better dealer.
Old 22nd April 2024, 02:50   #25

What are the night shift charges in MCP? Also, does the labour cost seem higher in it?

Are the line items and their cost fixed by Maruti or can a dealer jack it up?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks