Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2017, 16:41   #16
BANNED

Re: Annoying engine problem! Jerky, inconsistent power delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
....I'm suspecting a rat chewing thing here. How much it cost you to replace rat-chewed wires ?

Was total wire harness replaced or some specific wires only ?
It cost me exactly ZERO rupees to replace the wire. And I don't know if the whole harness got replaced.

The truth is that I am not that much of a gear head. So I didn't bother to inquire.

My MO is that I buy a used car with the cash I have in hand and use my trusted mechanic to solve my problems. I don't like dealing with manufacturers' service centres as I typically crave a more personal touch in my dealings. My mechanic gives me that comfort level. He picks up my car, returns it and only charges me if there is something significant in terms of expense.

In this case, he told me that he replaced "the rat chewed wires". I took it at face value as he charged me nothing. And as it is, it was one more thing that we were trying in our quest to solve this long running issue.

In the end, the action that we took worked and my car jerks no more. That's all I could ask for.
mohansrides is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 01:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Thanks to everyone who helped with their inputs. After many many months of investigations at multiple locations, I am happy to report that this issue is hereby solved. And johnruben, you deserve some sort of prize for nailing it. Same cause and same consequence. After I replaced the rat-chewed wires, I waited a full 2 months to accept that we had gotten to the bottom of it.

Thanks a bunch.
Glad to hear your issue is resolved, sorry I had busy tight schedule for the past couple of months and couldn't login to check any messages.

There is a thread to educate you to protect your car from rats, go through it, wish you all the best.
Old 23rd November 2023, 11:39   #18
BHPian

Hello all,

Hope this is an appropriate thread for sharing my concern.

I drive a BS6 Ford Endeavour 2.0 ( AT 4x4) . I am facing intermittent issues with its transmission and power delivery.

1. Gear up-shifts especially around 4th, 5th, 6th are jerky.

2. Engine behaves differently in similar driving conditions, sometime becomes strenuous

3. There is drop of power ( 1-2 sec ) while during sudden acceleration, sometimes when required during overtakes with initial speed, less than 40 km/s.

4. The engine revs with high RPMS without corresponding speed ratios, resulting in high revving engine & grueling sound even at low speeds.

5. Hill climbs and off roading needs to be carefully done as the accelerator needs to be pressed long to get the momentum / power and there is sudden disproportionate release of power thereafter.

The worst part is, despite facing all these issues and multiple visits at the ASC , there are no error codes during FDRS scan due to which the service centers are helpless in diagnosing the issue.

Any inputs from the community will be helpful

Regards.

Last edited by ankushbansal : 23rd November 2023 at 11:53.
Old 23rd November 2023, 21:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Hello all,

Hope this is an appropriate thread for sharing my concern.

I drive a BS6 Ford Endeavour 2.0 ( AT 4x4) . I am facing intermittent issues with its transmission and power delivery.

1. Gear up-shifts especially around 4th, 5th, 6th are jerky.

2. Engine behaves differently in similar driving conditions, sometime becomes strenuous

3. There is drop of power ( 1-2 sec ) while during sudden acceleration, sometimes when required during overtakes with initial speed, less than 40 km/s.

4. The engine revs with high RPMS without corresponding speed ratios, resulting in high revving engine & grueling sound even at low speeds.

5. Hill climbs and off roading needs to be carefully done as the accelerator needs to be pressed long to get the momentum / power and there is sudden disproportionate release of power thereafter.

The worst part is, despite facing all these issues and multiple visits at the ASC , there are no error codes during FDRS scan due to which the service centers are helpless in diagnosing the issue.

Any inputs from the community will be helpful

Regards.
It is related to the clutch, flywheel and the pressure plate.
I'm not sure what the similar parts are in an automatic but the 4th point is enough to suggest it is not an issue with the engine but the problem is that the power generated by the engine is not translating to the wheels in a efficient and consistent manner.
bhphog is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks