Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2006, 11:20   #16
BANNED

Kooldude, just a few questions so we can get a clear picture:

1. How old is your car and how many kms on the odo? It'll help us understand the wear on the clutch and state of the carb.
2. How regularly serviced and maintained is your car?
3. How experienced a driver are you? I'm asking this because you've gone and modded your car without even realising that its in bad need of repairs first and foremost. Also, you seem to be relying on your friend's opinion rather than your own.
4. Are you by any chance underage?
Old 14th October 2006, 11:22   #17
BANNED

Boom.. from what little I can see I think I can safely say this guy knows nix about cars
He's getting caught up in his own web of stories.. does NOT know if he's coming or going..
Old 14th October 2006, 11:23   #18
BHPian

Sheeesh my decent thread being LOCKED/MOVED...and this thread being re-opened.....I dont know wht to say and whom to say....
Old 14th October 2006, 11:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Kooldude, just a few questions so we can get a clear picture:

1. How old is your car and how many kms on the odo? It'll help us understand the wear on the clutch and state of the carb.
2. How regularly serviced and maintained is your car?
3. How experienced a driver are you? I'm asking this because you've gone and modded your car without even realising that its in bad need of repairs first and foremost. Also, you seem to be relying on your friend's opinion rather than your own.
4. Are you by any chance underage?
My car is around 8 years old and the odo has done around 60 k kms.Yes i know my car needs repairs but I dont get any money from my home for any repairs or servicing.I am still not relying on my friends opinion viper is because he thinks i dont know anything about cars and he is god.Yes i know my priorities were wrong and i admit it i should have done the clutch work first and the carb overhaul also.I didnt know if the clutch was worn out and yes i agree I dont have any knowledge about cars thats what I am here for to learn more.
Ok guys I dont have any knowledge about cars thats why i have posted this thread to get suggestions not your criticisms

Last edited by kooldude : 14th October 2006 at 11:36.
Old 14th October 2006, 11:33   #20
Team-BHP Support

The whole idea to have a forum like this is to have discussions.

Somebody's gone ahead and done some some modification job and now he's expectaion is not met. He has every right to put this up on the forum. At the same time the person who has done the job has every right to give explanations/suggestions.

All these have to done through discussion and not by slinging mud.

Please keep your discussion healthy and do not force us to close this thread again.
Old 14th October 2006, 11:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey ppl. chil man "Be Cool". Kooldude and viper i have one suggestion why don't you 2 meet up again and see what can be done. Fighting or getting into arguements is not the answer to the question but the question to the answer.

@ Viper we all know you do gr8 jobs. My heart says its after seeing all the reviews about yer tri-phase + those custom exhausts. And one can not deny the fact that 99.99% of the Team Bhpians are statisfied with your work. But one bad rating can even spoil the best. One Dirty fish..... you know what i mean. I would like to ask you viper if you can on team bhpians request solve this matter by being kool as kooldude is new to cars and is here to learn.
P.S. Do you ever visit Chandigarh ?

@Kooldude. I wont say much but please try to take this matter cool. Every penny earned is hard no matter if you think it was earned in the easiest way. Why don't you just get the things viper says and get you car serviced properly and if still you can see any difference then you can carry on arguements. Just call up viper be cool and talk to him. I bet he won't over react.

BE COOL
Old 14th October 2006, 12:06   #22
elf
BANNED

@kooldude: Firstly, I would like to vouch for Viper's work. He has put mods on both my current Lancer & the Esteem before it, & had agreed to take the stuff back if I was not justifiably satisfied. For the last job, parts of my unrestricted exhaust muffler were changed twice till I was satisfied with both the sound & the performance.

You need to understand that you have to bring your car to original / base spec first, before doing any mods whatsoever.

Since both your clutch & carb are busted currently, I too, like any sane person, have advised you to have the clutch changed & your carb tuned before going any further.

Viper was also correct in insisting that your brakes & suspension be done first. I believe your brake disc wear was well below the acceptable safety levels. I was surprised when he told me of the total cost of the job & gave him an earful for doing it without profit.

Simply bad mouthing somebody who helped you will create bad blood & not serve any real purpose.

I suggest that you have the necessary repairs carried out first & foremost. I'm sure if you're dissatisfied even after, Viper & you can address the issue like gentlemen.
Old 14th October 2006, 12:34   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think its best to have this matter solved within the tuner (Viper) and the customer (kooldude).

That said, comments are expected to be made in respect. Please do refrain from making any derogatory comments against the customer or the tuner out here on this thread. Its a pretty straight-forward situation...a customer is not satisfied with the job and his tuner is offering him support and is willing to sort out the matter. There is clearly no need to start drawing blood on this topic. Its everyday business.

Like I said, a point can be made even in a respectful manner and any further postings MUST adhere to that.

Last edited by GTO : 14th October 2006 at 12:35.
Old 14th October 2006, 12:44   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Bit like asking if a dose of vitamins will make me go faster despite a clogged arteries and arthritic knees - go figure
I must agree with what looks like the wisest statement made on this thread. Kooldude, here's what I suggest. (even though my opinion on engines and cars is like mud)
I know nothing about this kind of work or this incident. Viper is my friend(at a personal level) and i know he is very passionate about all this engine-vengine stuff, but I've never done any modifications to a car in my life. This thread is neither about slinging mud at viper, nor protecting his reputation. So I am not going to comment on that issue.

This thread is about your lack of satisfaction with your car's performance. So here's my non-technical, common sensical advice. You have already made this modification. Fine, good for you. Now do up your carb and your clutch etc etc.

After all this is done up, and for some reason you still find your car sluggish, I am sure the experts can find a good solution. However i suspect that after you have effectively "declogged your arteries and fixed up your knees", everything will be back to what you expected it to be.
Old 14th October 2006, 12:48   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I must agree with what looks like the wisest statement made on this thread. Kooldude, here's what I suggest. (even though my opinion on engines and cars is like mud)
I know nothing about this kind of work or this incident. Viper is my friend(at a personal level) and i know he is very passionate about all this engine-vengine stuff, but I've never done any modifications to a car in my life. This thread is neither about slinging mud at viper, nor protecting his reputation. So I am not going to comment on that issue.

This thread is about your lack of satisfaction with your car's performance. So here's my non-technical, common sensical advice. You have already made this modification. Fine, good for you. Now do up your carb and your clutch etc etc.

After all this is done up, and for some reason you still find your car sluggish, I am sure the experts can find a good solution. However i suspect that after you have effectively "declogged your arteries and fixed up your knees", everything will be back to what you expected it to be.
yes I am going to do up my clutch and carb in a few days just waiting for the funds
Old 14th October 2006, 12:55   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
yes I am going to do up my clutch and carb in a few days
Excellent. Do let us know what happens next. And no need to quote the entire post when you reply.
Old 14th October 2006, 13:14   #27
BHPian

Hi Kooldude good to know that you are getting the carb and clutch fixed but would like to request dont get duplicate (or from chor bazar) stuff in your car. (I am no authority of engines but believe duplicate stuff doesnt last and nor works as well as the original (correct me if i am wrong)).

I believe you will see a difference.

Regarding Viper i think he is a nice person (no great pal of mine - just spoken a few times) and knows what he is doing and he is not a shoddy road side mechanic. Customer staisfaction is a priority with him.
Old 14th October 2006, 13:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

@Kooldude what type of modification your headers were done for. I mean for low end performance, mid-range or high end. Please clarify ?
Old 14th October 2006, 13:31   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
@Kooldude what type of modification your headers were done for. I mean for low end performance, mid-range or high end. Please clarify ?
They were done for low end and midrange performance
Old 14th October 2006, 13:36   #30
elf
BANNED

@kooldude: If your clutch doesn't bite, all the torque that may be released to your wheels due to your header job would be wasted in slippage.

Carburettor flat spots can also be greatly reduced / removed with a good carb overhaul & tune-up.

Also, do not EVER get any mechanical spares from Chor Bazaar / second hand. This could prove to be damn dangerous. If you're currently short of money, simply borrow it / wait till you have it.

Last edited by elf : 14th October 2006 at 13:40.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks