Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2006, 13:45   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
This thread is about your lack of satisfaction with your car's performance. So here's my non-technical, common sensical advice. You have already made this modification. Fine, good for you. Now do up your carb and your clutch etc etc.
The most sensible statement yet. While it is most logical to do the mods on a perfectly functioning car in order to be able to judge improvement, now that you have gone and done step two before step one, the only option (to my mind, since I too am non-technical) seems to be to restore everything else that could hinder performance. Only after that will it be fair to complain.
Acrimony is best avoided. In any case, until all the other rectifications are made, there is no point in cribbing.
Old 14th October 2006, 14:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Kooldude, Viper's products have been in for some really high praise in this forum. Maybe you should have set you car right before you started flaming. Asking for feedback is ok but asking people to endorse your view without giving them the right picture is not done. Get you car fixed and going by what I've heard of Viper, he'll make sure you're satisfied.
Old 14th October 2006, 15:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see things having cooled down a bit.
Old 14th October 2006, 19:01   #34
BHPian

Hey Dude,

Just saw this thread. Have you gone mad blaming Viper. I drove your car and was there when you called him. I agree that your car has low initial power but is very strong and crisp after approx 3000 RPM(dont know exact as your RPM does not work). He has told you the problem why dont you believe him instead of using your own brains. I agree with Viper that your car is in a pathetic condition and was in even worse shape befor he did it up. Be thankful he did your job at cost price without earning.

Your pick up is not as bad as you make it out to be. The correct way would be to go to him and show the problem. If there is a diff of opinion get it verified by a competant person who can be trusted by both.

I just spoke to him and he is so pissed of he does not even want to associate with you.

Allan
Old 14th October 2006, 19:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

KD - I see that you've been told off by many people so I'm not going to join the band wagon. Only thing I would like to say is that if you have a problem with your tuner there are two ways of going about it - the Nice way & the Ugly way and you have chosen to tackle the problem the ugly way.

My only suggestion to you would be if you are still on amiable terms with Viper go to him & ask him to sort out the problems, he's mature enough to understand & cooperate & will surely help you out to the best of his ability as he has done previously by fixing your car for a no profit basis.

However, if you feel inclined to approach somebody else I would suggest you find a good, knowledgable person & ask him for an opinion on your car's problems. Once he gives you his feedback I think you can deduce your own conclusion.

Determining somebody's fault without going through the causes properly is a serious offence & you should be careful in the future to not commit such blunders again. They can not only destroy an individual's reputation extensively but also can damage yours.

EDIT: And as a personal request please maintain your car properly & get her serviced on time. Nothing pains most of us here more than seeing a badly manitained car. It's not a very hard task & believe me she'll give you a lot of pleasure if she's properly maintained.

Last edited by iraghava : 14th October 2006 at 19:31.
Old 14th October 2006, 20:02   #36
BHPian

Patch up Boys !!!

Have to agree with allan blaming each other will only spoil the relation, there's problem to every solution your prorities were not right & i believe you were told that in advance by your tuner also & even i have told you to get your car running in optimum conditions in stock form before doing any performance upgrade. You are in a learning phase & mistakes do happen have some faith in your tuner he will help you out at the same time the tuner also should know who he is dealing with & take him in confidence and explain everything to him technically bring him down from alice in wonderland to real Facts/results after/before any modification.

I think you should apologies to viper & let him only do your clutch & carb overhaul. This way if your car still doesnt perform up to your satisfaction after doing all this then you can ask him the reasoning(in a gentle way) & he will do the needful, i know he wont agree immediately because his temper is high now so let him cool down & give him one Munnabhai's Jadu ki jhappi
and keep us posted, remember you are a teenager & you have to learn a lot not only in terms of Car technical but human relationship & how to deal with people as well which will help you in future in your carrier.

P.S : I would like to state that i am not favouring any one but my views are general & neutral to both.
Old 14th October 2006, 20:17   #37
BANNED

OK you know what.. talk is all BS(and I don't mean BOOM SHIVA)..
Lets cut out all this crap... Kooldude.. I would PERSONALLY like to invite you to the 20th of October meet.. where we can sit and talk about this FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME naturally coz we dont want to mess up this meet talking shop, bring along the vehicle in question so that we know what we have wasted 3 pages talking/arguing/writing KIDDISH PM's to each other about...and then get SHIZE faced with booze... how's that sound?

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 14th October 2006 at 20:21.
Old 15th October 2006, 12:16   #38
BHPian

cool dude...
brother... what the heck???? dont blame people brother... get your car in a good condition first and check it after that. dont blame viper.. he is one of the most sincere guys in the tuner world.. say sorry to him on this forum itself and see how he treats you.
and yeah as far as his products are concerned, i can vouch on them .. plus i know the guy from last 5 years and he is all help whenever you need it.. middle of the night as well...
AND YEAH
GET YOUR CAR FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16th October 2006, 11:38   #39

Personally My experience with viper tells me he is all about quality and most of all customer satisfaction, Kooldude, you should just hold on for some time till you get some funds arranged (know the feeling) and then do your car some good, you'll definately come to know the difference, also I'd advise you not to give out incorrect info about ppl as it is very harmful for ppl's reputations. I was very annoyed when i read the first page of this thread, which eventually cooled down till i reached end of page three as this is just a case of basic misunderstanding.

Just get your car repaired when u can, and I am sure, u'll be really happy with vipers work.

Angad.
Old 16th October 2006, 11:40   #40
BHPian

Go easy on him Team - BHP. He's a young 'un.

Superavi

Completely OT - My 100th post!

Last edited by superavi : 16th October 2006 at 11:44.
Old 16th October 2006, 12:02   #41
BANNED

@ Superavi..if he is a young 'un as you put it.. then more the reason for him to hold his tongue before it got him into trouble.
@Kooldude.. you have not yet replied to my invitation to the meet on the 20th..are you coming or not?
Old 16th October 2006, 12:16   #42
BHPian

Agree that the previous thread (which has since been deleted) was in the wrong, but this one starts off pretty good.

Lay off now, he's learned his lesson.

OT - I wish I was coming for the meet though!

Superavi
Old 16th October 2006, 12:33   #43
BHPian

Apologies to viper

Hey viper
I m sorry buddy.I know it is very hard for you to forgive me but still try to if you can.Anyways I agree my car was bad in shape and I also want to thank viper for doing the work for me at a no profit basis and for doing my car very fast.Guys I must tell you it was very sweet of him to collect my car at night itself for the work since I wanted to get the car as soon as possible.He never said a word.I will get my car's work as soon as i can.I have learnt a lesson and am in a learning process as I m still 17 so I need everyone's guidance.Yes I will learn human relationships also as time passes by
So once again viper I m sorry

Last edited by kooldude : 16th October 2006 at 12:45.
Old 16th October 2006, 12:48   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
@ Superavi..if he is a young 'un as you put it.. then more the reason for him to hold his tongue before it got him into trouble.
@Kooldude.. you have not yet replied to my invitation to the meet on the 20th..are you coming or not?
hey buddy thanks for the invitation but sorry I wont be able to come as now I am trying to save some money for the new clutch and carb overhaul
Old 16th October 2006, 12:51   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent. This is a well written and clear simple apology. Kooldude, it is hardest to say that you are sorry and you have done so in public.
Now I'd like to put to rest all controversies and request everyone not to clog this thread anymore.
Kooldude, I'd like to invite you to the meet as my guest. Tab on me, my pleasure and my honour.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks