Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2006, 12:16   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

I am facing a very strange problem with my new viva crdi. When i took delivery of car, the fuel meter showed almost empty ( just little below to white line above E mark) and low fuel warning lamp too was blinking. Filled it up in a fuel station about 5-6km from showroom. Surprisingly, the car took in only 33 litres of diesel...after filling to the top...

Again 4 days ago, i did my 2nd tank full ( after the low fuel warning started blinking) and filled the tank to brim and this time it took only 31 litres of diesel ( and the fuel meter shows it little below F mark)

My understanding is this car has a 45 litre tank capacity and 5 litre reserve...which means when the low fuel warning comes up..it shud ideally take a minimum of 40 litres, But, as you see above it's not

What could be wrong guys???

Mobike008
Old 13th October 2006, 20:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

need more details

hi,
with the information you have given,i feel either the fuel guage is at fault or the float is not correct.you have not mentioned the mileage you have got between the tank fulls.are you getting good mileage,and the fuel needle usually goes well below the E mark.
ram
Old 13th October 2006, 21:14   #3
Team-BHP Support

Could it be like the lancer the hyundai has a large reserve? The lancers low fuel warning lamp comes on when theres 10litres fuel.

The car takes in only 36-38litres when the light comes on but has a 50litre tank.
Old 14th October 2006, 10:42   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai
hi,
with the information you have given,i feel either the fuel guage is at fault or the float is not correct.you have not mentioned the mileage you have got between the tank fulls.are you getting good mileage,and the fuel needle usually goes well below the E mark.
ram
Between 1st tankful to 2nd tankful I got 440 KMS which averages to 13.3Km per litre without using AC much as most of my driving was at late nights

Do you also drive a viva? I dont think something as major as the fuel guage could go wrong with a brand new car...probably the float ain't working properly ...atleast i am hoping so !!!
Old 14th October 2006, 11:51   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
probably the float ain't working properly ...atleast i am hoping so !!!
Could be the case. But why are you frustrated? It's a new car and you should take it to dealer in any case. It's their headache and problem to solve, not yours.

If float/pump is the culprit (it's complete unit I guess), do not allow them to tinker with it. They must replace the unit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks