Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2016, 13:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Will i buy another Toyota? Sure.
Yes, I too will not hesitate to buy another Toyota. There may have been niggles but then the service provided is best in class till date.

Quote:
I feel bad for you and many others who have gone ahead and purchased a Toyota vehicle for its main USP - reliability and experienced something like this. I really hope that Toyota redeems itself here and your problems with your car are resolved as quickly as possible.
Yes, it hurts when you have issues with a product which is a known brand ambassador of reliability.

A Non- AC Innova Crysta in 2.4 Z variant with faux leather seats is like an oven and its too difficult to take it to a service centre specially in summers.

But again, Toyota has been pro active in handling the issue and I hope it does not come up again.
mints21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 14:14   #17
BHPian

One of the main selling points for the Innova was and is, even now, the reliability and hassle-free Toyota experience. That's the only way they can justify the premium they are charging for something that is otherwise, a people-mover. The only reason I would prefer this over the competition is if I wanted a hassle-free ownership, not needing to visit the service centre now and then.
With the Endeavour 2.2 A/T only a stone's throw away in terms of price, and Ford A.S.S taking care of customers well, I see no reason to choose the Crysta over the hugely capable Endeavour.
Rohan24 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 15:01   #18
BHPian

I got my innova crysta GX MT in June and issues faced so far

-A stone chipped front windshield. Seen same problem in other vehicles too So, I think its because of poor quality glass.
-Clip to hold folded rear seat is missing. Earlier model had robust hook to hold it.

Small but irritating niggles
-In middle row, Left side has 2 person capacity seat and right side has 1 person capacity seat. So, if anyone from 3rd row want to come out of vehicle 2 person from middle has to climb down and then only 3rd row occupants can come out of vehicle. Quite irritating.
-I love new seats but bigger seat = very tight space to fold it. So, you want to fold middle row seat and if the front row seat is little moved back then 2nd row seat wont fold.

Talking about that 10000rs TGA rear guard, Its complete waste of money. It breaks down with slightest impact. anyone getting Crysta please avoid it.

Last edited by SDP : 7th November 2016 at 17:49. Reason: Typos
kunaldhami is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 15:07   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

My 2 cents on Toyota's reliability:Earlier Toyota's, be it Innova, Fortuner, Etios were bare basic with limited set of features. This led Toyota to focus more on basics, which has probably helped the reliability. With the current crop of cars(Which is feature loaded), It is clear that Toyota is no different from other manufacturers.
Thought Toyota has been going downhill since about 2007 in terms of absolute build quality and reliability, when compared to other competitors it is still way more reliable and also superb customer support.

Agreed to your point that the Etios, Innova and Fortuner were pretty basic and hence had bullet proof reliability and durability.

But at the same time the Camrys and LCs sold in India are problem free with all those features.

Not to say, you can't possibly say that Lexus is bare and hence is niggle free and reliable.

The Innova when it was launched in 2005 had problems with excessive smoke and sagging suspension in full load, and what happened next is common knowledge.

If the company is ready to rectify things fix all the problems satisfactorily without any big problems I don't see any big reason for such a hue and cry.
DicKy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 15:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Take a chill pill guys! Seriously!
1)Those rattles are caused due to poor quality control( In short, I'm assuming they hired a few employees in the last minute and assigned them jobs without proper training)

2)Alloy wheel design defect? This was definitely a shocker! I thought Toyota never fixed/played with anything that wasn't broken.

3)AC gas leak? I'm assuming lax quality control again

4) Warped brake rotors? Probably a bad supplier. A common issue in the Polo/ Vento threads. ( It could be the same supplier- I'm assuming)

Overall, I find these issues quite small( but understandably annoying). It can be resolved easily thanks to Toyota's amazing after sales service and their commitment to fix and resolve issues. I guess this thread will be silent in a few months.

But asking 20+ lakhs without ironing out all possible issues is shameful. I've always admired Toyota for doing proper tests before launch.

Last edited by Zappo : 7th November 2016 at 16:10. Reason: Corrected a small typo.
Turbohead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 15:44   #21
BHPian

These issues in Crysta should really be a concern for Toyota India since this can hurt them even more when a direct competitor from Hyundai (product already being developed/tested) or Maruti comes into market.

Also They are primarily depend only on one/two model, although profit margins would be higher, volume of the segment is not very high (e.g. compared to say hatchbacks / entry / mid sedans)
Old 7th November 2016, 16:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
But at the same time the Camrys and LCs sold in India are problem free with all those features.

Not to say, you can't possibly say that Lexus is bare and hence is niggle free and reliable.

The Innova when it was launched in 2005 had problems with excessive smoke and sagging suspension in full load, and what happened next is common knowledge.

If the company is ready to rectify things fix all the problems satisfactorily without any big problems I don't see any big reason for such a hue and cry.
One of the major and biggest selling point for Toyota is their reliability. Toyota are never known for their stylish design, driver oriented cars or long list of features. Now to a person like me and many others reliability is a key criteria and is the sole reason to pay a premium to Toyota. If the said USP is under question, what is the point in paying premium? Coming to rectifying things satisfactorily, most manufacturers do that these days even for a minute problem.
Being an existing Toyota customer, their service is quite good but competition is also equally good or better at times(Atleast in my case).

Last edited by PrideRed : 7th November 2016 at 16:48.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 17:17   #23
BHPian

Shocking to read !

But there should be acceptance levels. In this case, it is near to zero for Toyota. This reminded me of the XUV5OO niggles thread about 3 years back and now when we look back, there is nothing unanswered.

I am not sure of the Toyota's Service Networks to handle these issues courteously, it looks like most of the issues are something that they are not aware of. It should also be for the manufacturer to blame.

But would really like to see Toyota coming down and helping these loyal customers as they have been showing a lot gratitude towards the brand.
Old 7th November 2016, 17:34   #24
Senior - BHPian

Other than the the brake disc issue which could have many more Crysta owners suffering from a bad batch of discs and the poor quality of glass used in the wind shield, I don't see a major Toyota intervention which can't be handled by after sales service centers. I am assuming that the failed AC issue is just a one off case.

I think most early adopters run the risk of falling prey to such niggles, but from all the posts here what is good to hear and the most important point is that, no owner who has sought Toyota help to rectify these niggles seems overly unhappy with the solutions provided so far.

I am confident that within the next 6 months most of these niggles and quality issues will disappear and we will see the Crysta continuing the old Innova tradition of providing a fuss free and trouble free ownership to most of its owners for years to come.
Old 7th November 2016, 18:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Everyone apart from the Innova Crysta owners has taken it to the extreme level of labeling Toyota unreliable henceforth.

I feel really bad for the car with the conked off Air-conditioner. Although they have replaced everything, but they should check with the vendor and their qc as to why this kind of a mess had happened. These issues related to AC's do come but something I wouldn't expect from a Toyota.

The issue with the disc could have been avoided and it's really sad to hear about that incident. Although corrective measures have been taken but let's wait for the owners to clock a few more kms with new discs and let them report.

Glad to see that inspite of all the issues, the owners are happy about their purchase. Speaks a lot about the service. I can vouch for that having experienced it in India and in the Middle East. All said and done Toyota should be careful henceforth.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 18:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

I know an owner (a team BHP reader) who's got his 2.4 ZX six weeks ago and he was surprised that such a thread exists. Got to know personally that his car hasn't suffered any problems.

I think Toyota has some problems with the initial batches. But this situation seems to be what Mahindra faced with the XUV 500, albeit to a lesser degree.

Regarding the front windshield:

Our 70,000 km '06 Innova has had the glass changed twice. A quick chat with the head of the Bosch garage revealed that it's a pretty common problem because of the 'thin' glass.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 19:14   #27
BHPian

The reliability of a product (especially automotive) depends on the level of testing. Thereby a heavy chuck of the product cost is attributed to continues testing under various conditions - which makes it to a mature product, before it is launched in the market.

Here we are not talking about a Rs.3L city car, but a people mover where their respective owners pays a premium of 20 - 27L. The manufacturers has to understand, when customers buy a product - especially a premium product, they are not just paying for product features, but for the long term reliability, dependability and relationship. It is sorry to understand that that, the brand trust is getting shattered.

Beyond after sales service, to uphold the brand value, Toyota has to quickly pull up the socks, sort out any design / material issues and preferably do a recall for the sold units.
sunil8089 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 19:40   #28
BHPian

What a shocker!!

Toyota cannot get away with tardy Quality Control by just damage control [in the form of superb ASS to respond to and rectify the Crsyta's issues] and hope their superior ASS bails them out especially when Toyota's USP is : Quality and Reliability.

High time the QC folks at Manufacturing Dept pull up their socks and get back to the good ol' days of the legendary Toyota Reliability and Durability!

Thanks and Regards,
Rakesh
Old 7th November 2016, 20:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
4) Warped brake rotors? Probably a bad supplier. A common issue in the Polo/ Vento threads. ( It could be the same supplier- I'm assuming)
I experienced the same in my under 10,000KM run Polo GT TDI, and the brake rotors were skimmed by VW service centre. Vento which i own now when it was under the ownership of my friend had its brake rotors skimmed once and replaced later.
Old 7th November 2016, 20:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I know an owner (a team BHP reader) who's got his 2.4 ZX six weeks ago and he was surprised that such a thread exists. Got to know personally that his car hasn't suffered any problems.

I guess most of the issues are related to the 2.8 Auto variants. Even I know 2 people who have clocked more than 5k Kms on their 2.4's and haven't faced any issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks