Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2016, 13:43   #31
BHPian

Re: Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
I got my innova crysta GX MT in June and issues faced so far

-A stone chipped front windshield. Seen same problem in other vehicles too So, I think its because of poor quality glass.
The service center reported that my family Crysta has a crack in the windshield ! They mentioned that it is bang on the center and visible only when using the wiper. I chose to keep it as such since on a quick inspection it seems small.

How do we ever know if glass quality is bad ?
Old 8th November 2016, 15:27   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
The service center reported that my family Crysta has a crack in the windshield ! They mentioned that it is bang on the center and visible only when using the wiper. I chose to keep it as such since on a quick inspection it seems small.

Is it just a chip? Did this happen on 2nd or 3rd week of Oct?
Old 8th November 2016, 16:09   #33
BHPian

Yes it was reported in second half of October
Why?
Old 8th November 2016, 16:20   #34
BANNED

When I took my vehicle in for glass replacement they said another Crysta had come in with a chipped glass. Was wondering whether it was your vehicle as the glass was not replaced in that vehicle.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 23:46   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
When I took my vehicle in for glass replacement they said another Crysta had come in with a chipped glass. Was wondering whether it was your vehicle as the glass was not replaced in that vehicle.
You too had same issue of chipped glass ? I had given mine for service on 21st Oct. Will this crop up as a safety issue on Crystas. Let me try popping this question to Toyota support. I dont expect any miracles though like how they quietly put aside my compliant on speaker quality.
kutts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 09:28   #36
BHPian

Quote:
You too had same issue of chipped glass ? I had given mine for service on 21st Oct. Will this crop up as a safety issue on Crystas. Let me try popping this question to Toyota support. I dont expect any miracles though like how they quietly put aside my compliant on speaker quality.
In all the zillion Innovas sold, I don't remember any persistent complaint about the windshield...I hope hubris has not gone into Toyota's head- Innova + Fortuner was an incredible product line with rock-solid quality that single-handedly built a brand. It would be sad if that gets dented (no pun intended)
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 11:09   #37
BHPian

Quote:
My 11 year swift windshield has chips at two places. My new XUV500 got a chip on a recent road trip. On all the three occasions, did not notice any obvious pebbles etc. flying around, nor was I tailing any other car or truck.

This issue might not be limited to Innovas, but could be due to genuine reasons of our roads being full of stones and pebbles
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 11:32   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Windshield chipping and cracking is pretty common. My Santro's windshield was hit within the first month of purchase. The car was running at about 60kmph. Had to replace it.

Same thing happened to my Innova, within the first 6 months. Crack progressed to almost the drivers view. But I continued with it for 3 years, and got it replaced recently at Windshield Experts only because of my wife's insistence.

Windshield Experts outlet near Silk Board, Bangalore replaces around 15-20 every day, and its across cars. So, its a pretty common thing.

If there is no crack, and its just a chipping, no need to worry. Just call Windshield Experts (if you have them located nearby!), and I think they should be able to fix it. Contact them ASAP.

Also, in Europe, they have some technology with which they can fix cracks as well.
samm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 21:05   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Now if the Marketing team at Tata Motors had any sense, they would "somehow" use this to demolish the Toyota Aura.

One drive in the Crysta had me convinced that the car is not worth the money being charged. Toyota is really taking Indian consumers for a royal ride.
How I wish the TATA Hexa can finally demolish this fake T Quality jingle that our herd following junta follows !

But TATA needs to learn from Toyota about A S S, which I feel is their only achilees' heel.
lifebuoy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 21:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
How I wish the TATA Hexa can finally demolish this fake T Quality jingle that our herd following junta follows !

But TATA needs to learn from Toyota about A S S, which I feel is their only achilees' heel.
In both cases, the company's reputation precedes them. Albeit in a negative way for Tata. Tata have already taken way too long for the Hexa. Hopefully, the extensive testing will pay off and the car should be reliable. Tata A.S.S on the other hand, is still not up to the mark. Also, it will take some time to wash away their infamous reputation.
Sorry for digressing on the thread topic.

IMO, the warping of the rims and tyre bursts could be attributed to rough driving styles. I mean no disrespect to anyone, but it could be that since it gives an SUV-ish feel, one might be a bit less careful driving it than, say, an Elantra or Octavia, even though they have smaller rims.
Still, that's no excuse for a Toyota.
Old 11th November 2016, 11:17   #41
BHPian

I must say, I am quite surprised that a niggles and Toyota are being mentioned in the same sentence.
Looks like Toyota has slipped up a bit with regards to quality control. Yes, one can justify saying that overall its a great car, service treatment and customer care is great etc, but the bottom line is that frequent visits to the dealership after buying a new vehicle isn't a nice thing and should not be happening!.
I for one have seen the many pages long XUV niggles thread, but other than a rattling noise from the instrument console, I have not had one single problem with my 3 year old XUV500. I have even gone to the extent of tuning the engine with Code 6 and now have a better of a car, with a brilliant mHawk engine. Sorry, I guess.
Hope Toyota manages to sort out the issues with the overpriced and overhyped Crysta.

Cheerio!

Last edited by SDP : 11th November 2016 at 11:57. Reason: Mior typos
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 13:47   #42
BHPian

When I dared suggest that Toyota fleeces Indian customers, I was sermonized that Toyota only sells International Models with Bullet Proof Reliability. Right !
ashlil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 22:30   #43
BHPian

I have Z MT,
Problem 1: Tyre got cut, bridgestone said no manufacturing issue. So i had to shell out 13K for new one.
Problem 2: A vibration loose noise comes from the dashboard at lower RPMs. No fix yet.
motorheart is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 22:23   #44
BHPian

Wow! I thought I'd be the one to start this thread but i guess not! I am disappointed that this thread even exists as it is against everything we know Toyota to be. Below is my contribution to the thread.

I bought the Crysta on May 21, 2016. It is a GX AT 8 seater Bronze (Brown) colour. The problems faced are as follows:

Problem 1:
Moment I drove out of the showroom I realised the car was pulling to the left. They took about 5 hrs to fix 95% of the problem. I have done ~11,000 kms and the issue still persists. I have decided to live with it. I gave the car for it's 3rd service last week and had told them about the issue. Haven't had a chance to check if it has been resolved or not. My money is on the latter.

Problem 2 - Lights:
  1. I installed the front fog lamps from the dealer and paid upwards of INR 10,000 for them. The left fog lamp conked off sometime in August. Replacement bulb (H16) costs an eye-watering INR 1,200
  2. Last night I noticed the left tail light was not functional. It works when someone brakes but doesn't light up otherwise.
  3. Interior reading lamp goes off post a month or so of usage. Also the quality and brightness of the lamp is extremely poor and sub par. Don't know what to do here.

I had the previous Innova (2014 August GX 8 Seater) and nothing of this sort was experienced in the 22 months of ownership so yes for Innova standards it is beyond disappointing. Wouldn't be surprising on any other car. These are liveable but not expected.

Problem 3:
I has a dent and scratch on the front left fender and they repainted it. The shade matching is extremely poorly done. My experience with VW, Honda and Maruti previously have been brilliant in this regard. This one looks very different in daylight and one can tell if the part if painted. Not expected from an authorised service centre of Toyota (Wasan Toyota Turbhe, Navi Mumbai)

Problem 4:
During the third service earlier in the week the guys at the service centre notice oil splashes on the underside. They narrowed it down to a leakage in the rear engine oil seal. This was something that was quite shocking to say the least. There is no oil dripping if the car stays in one location for a length of time so even they were not sure what the leak is about. For now I have got the car back after some inspections from Toyota Service Centre and a technical person from Toyota India as well. I was busy so not sure what action they've taken but i feel they've only tightened the seals and returned the car, Have been asked to some for another inspection post 3,000 kms. I hope this is a one off as I think this is a big cause for concern and severely dents the fill it shut it philosophy behind buying the Innova.

Attaching some pictures below which should help me explain the issue. This has really got me worried especially when you spend ~20 large ones largely on reliability!

Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta-img_20161105_122907.jpg

Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta-img_20161105_123055.jpg

Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta-img_20161105_123101.jpg

Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta-img_20161105_123108.jpg

Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta-img_20161105_124312.jpg

Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta-img_20161105_124328.jpg

Hope no one else has faced this issue. Any pointers would be helpful.
miharbe is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 22:44   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They narrowed it down to a leakage in the rear engine oil seal. This was something that was quite shocking to say the least.
Off all the issues you have listed, this appears to be serious unless there is leakage from the oil filter. Of course, left pulling is also bothersome and reported by others. Maybe you will need to try someone outside who has better machines/ experienced guys.

Most Viewed