View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and rate them as:
Highly Recommended 4 80.00%
Recommended 0 0%
Not Recommended 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2017, 13:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Body repair, painting & detailing - Bumper.com (Bangalore) EDIT: Shuts down!

Have booked an appointment for my sisters car- Polo 2015 and they will pick it up tomorrow.
Will update here on how the work was and how long they took.
Old 15th June 2017, 14:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Body repair, painting & detailing - Bumper.com (Bangalore) EDIT: Shuts down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Hi Binz!

Looks like a job well done. Can you post some more detailed pics of the bonnet and roof with clear reflections? I too am looking for a good painter to take care of the battle scars on my cars.

Thanks!
Will take a couple of picture and post them shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Your car looks stunning.

The business model is interesting. Sounds like they have networked with the best panel beaters, painters, paint suppliers and invested in top notch equipment. As a customer, you get a good job done without having to run around. Not to forget, easier on your wallet too.
Thanks! They're now investing in their own workshops rather than only aggregating services from third-party ones. Will be interesting to see their growth story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Nice color and the car looks great! how was the complete cost for the repainting? Also is the car lowered? It sits quite low . Wondering how you are driving around on Bangalore roads.
Thanks for the kind words. I had got the car stripped down and tinkered almost a year back so Bumper basically received just a rolling chassis and charged me only for the remaining bodywork and paint. Putting the engine and interior back was done by my own team hence putting the costs here would really misrepresent things.

The car is lowered on King springs with Koni Struts. Since the tyres are 215/45/17, the car doesn't end up bottoming out anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
P.S : I couldn't help but notice a small misalignment of the front bumper. Please see the attached image. Is this something which is corrected now?
That is because of the Intercooler plumbing thats pushing down the front bumper on that side, once the plumbing is rectified - the bumper should sit perfectly. Both the bumpers are new as well btw, with a very subtle fiberglass lip added.
binz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 11:15   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Public poll added to this thread! If you've used their services, please vote so that it helps other BHPians .
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 12:48   #19
BHPian

Great thread Binz.

I was wondering if someone wants to repaint a new car or car with the paint in good condition, do the painters strip down the car to the frame also?

In the case of a new car it would probably not be as the same as it came from the factory after re-assembly.
Old 18th June 2017, 07:57   #20
BHPian

Nice to see a young startup offering this kind of a service.

But someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but their prices don't seem VFM to me. Their website is quoting 9k for a bumper and rear quarter panel repaint for my Grand Vitara. On the flipside, one of Team-BHP directory favorites in Delhi/NCR for denting-painting quoted 4.5k for the same. I haven't taken a quote from Maruti but it must be slightly above 4.5k in their case (from what I remember they charge 1500-2000+taxes per panel for a Ritz).

Or perhaps it is generally more expensive to get stuff painted in Bengaluru than Delhi NCR.
Tanmay K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 14:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post
but their prices don't seem VFM to me. Their website is quoting 9k for a bumper and rear quarter panel repaint for my Grand Vitara...Or perhaps it is generally more expensive to get stuff painted in Bengaluru than Delhi NCR.
I have used their service during last November and am completely satisfied. Mine's a Getz CRDi and she had a nasty dent on the LHS Front Door - courtesy some two-wheeler. The other dent was on the bonnet - courtesy Coconut.., since she was parked beneath a coconut tree.

Adwaith Hyundai quoted 9k per panel leading to a total cost of 18k for the door and bonnet. With bumper, I spent 4998 to get both done! (of course, they have increased prices a bit from then to this date). Still, I would say, they offered me a good deal and the paint's still great - comes with warranty, which is a definite plus point. The best part with them is that you can get photos of the on-going work on-demand. They will share any kind of details with you, be it minor or major. All you need to do is to call them up.
vnidta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 12:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...bangalore.html
Sharing another thread on them where bhpians have not had such happy endings
Old 21st June 2017, 12:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Have booked an appointment for my sisters car- Polo 2015 and they will pick it up tomorrow.
Will update here on how the work was and how long they took.
Received the car this morning after the dent removal and painting.
Car was picked up on Friday last and was ready last evening, but was dropped off this morning as we requested.

Must say they have done a good job with the paint matching and finish which was important for me, although it was my sisters car. Have to wait for sunny days to fully judge as well as for the paint to show its true colors.
They were quite a bit of scratches on all 4 corners of the bumpers and tiny dents on them as well, which there is no hint of now.

Price was more or less the same as what was calculated on their app. They had taken the car to their workshop in Whitefield so the pick up and drop was very useful for us.

There was a friends Vento that was given as well this week for some heavy damage on the left quarter panel. Since the damage had affected not just the panel , but the inside structure as well, they had informed him that it cannot be brought back to 100%. For panel repairs, they seem to do a good job. For severe body damage work, I think Trend will be the place.

Some before and after pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Body repair, painting & detailing - Bumper.com. EDIT: Shuts down!-3a1ecb2dba96424a861f27417b9e045c.jpg  

Body repair, painting & detailing - Bumper.com. EDIT: Shuts down!-4ead437db27e4eb097503d272906db0b.jpg  

Body repair, painting & detailing - Bumper.com. EDIT: Shuts down!-15764afed7f142c09b3c4037a200700f.jpg  

Body repair, painting & detailing - Bumper.com. EDIT: Shuts down!-84f8ab56b5f24ad6833a417ec2fc7cfe.jpg  

Body repair, painting & detailing - Bumper.com. EDIT: Shuts down!-87804a19c4594482b747251438a6ccc6.jpg  

Body repair, painting & detailing - Bumper.com. EDIT: Shuts down!-b3e40a3d173f4288a41b64144a822bdd.jpg  

Body repair, painting & detailing - Bumper.com. EDIT: Shuts down!-3b36c6a3d85548be87a7902367cac2e6.jpg  

tharian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 02:23   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Once the bodywork was complete, the technician sprayed the engine bay with an acid to remove all the grime and proceeded to sand down the engine bay to get it ready for paint.
Which acid is this?? Would like to know more about this.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 19:17   #25
BHPian

Bumper.com is closing down. Called them up today to enquire on a job and learnt that they are in the process of closing down. The startup couldn't probably sustain and grow- always sad when a new venture, started with passion, doesn't make it.
Secretariat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 22:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
Bumper.com is closing down. Called them up today to enquire on a job and learnt that they are in the process of closing down. The startup couldn't probably sustain and grow- always sad when a new venture, started with passion, doesn't make it.
That is sad as they were trying to bring a lot of value as per the interview - http://bwdisrupt.businessworld.in/ar...3-2017-113697/

Wonder why they are closing down soon since they got seed funding quite recently.
PatienceWins is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 23:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
That is sad as they were trying to bring a lot of value as per the interview - http://bwdisrupt.businessworld.in/ar...3-2017-113697/

Wonder why they are closing down soon since they got seed funding quite recently.

Bumper.com has shut down. I thought things would change for the better in the body repair industry. Alas it's sad to see that they couldn't connect the virtual world with real world.
Attached Thumbnails
Body repair, painting & detailing - Bumper.com. EDIT: Shuts down!-screenshot_20171102225345_01.jpg  

Neur0t0xin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 07:56   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite sad. I used them in favor of trend auto, bumper was cheaper and the service was extremely efficient. They did a fantastic job on my car.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 08:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

re: Body repair, painting & detailing - Bumper.com. EDIT: Shuts down!

Sad. I was planning to use their service when the time was right. Now , I guess its not to be.

I think it would have been about sustaining steady margins for the workshops which were third party run. The workshops might have found better margins for walk in customers compared to an aggregator. Disrupting businesses must sustain. Its the only way to change and evolve.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

re: Body repair, painting & detailing - Bumper.com. EDIT: Shuts down!

Sad. From the statement, it seems that it did not go as planned with the partner workshops. Workshops would not have liked the more organized way of working with process streamlining. They also gave more power to customers with transparency and checks on margins. Hope such initiatives to bring efficiency, transparency and accountability will sustain.
PatienceWins is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks