Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2017, 19:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Captiva AT: Losing power at high altitude

I believe "SERVICE LAMP" light comes on at events of high altitude (4000+ meters) has some connection with ECU or FILTER. Anyway next time, I will try to reset ECU or check FILTER frequently. Just for the sake of precautions, what all things I have to keep in mind before or after resetting ECU?
Old 24th January 2017, 15:31   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYSTEMIZED View Post
Loss of power usually happens at 4000+ meters (At most of the passes of Ladakh). One thing I forgot to mention here that "SERVICE LAMP" light comes on whenever I travel on high altitudes and AT started losing power.
Even the old Ford Endeavour used to show the emissions light at Altitude, the car is starved of air and throwing a lot more smoke than it should be. No matter how many times you reset the ECU, the warning light will come again.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 14:11   #18
BHPian

Interesting thread. Anyone experience such difficulties in MT Scorpio ( 4X2 or 4X4 )? What would be the best vehicle for a trip to Leh ?
Old 6th March 2017, 00:21   #19
BHPian

An update to this thread
A mechanical failure occurs to my beloved CAPTIVA near Ludhiana highway. The car was flying at the speed of 160 and suddenly it started loosing speed. I managed to park the car in side lane of highway and started to figure out the problem. I stopped the ignition and started again in the hope of getting everything alright but unfortunately my fate was not in my favor and wanted me to experience something bad.
Engine got turned on at first self and there was no acceleration as well as lot of white smoke behind my car. I turned off the engine and started again but this time engine doesn`t starts.
I called up the CHEVROLET HELPLINE and they connected me to the nearest service center. The mechanic understands the whole situation and gave me the sad news i.e. my CAPTIVA`s TURBO is gone.
I felt the same situation at passes of Ladakh, i mean no acceleration with black smoke behind the wheels but as written above I managed to clear all passes by revving up the car and slamming into "D" mode.
Now the question is, What may have happened to the TURBO of my car?. Is it because of Ladakh harshness or can be the life span of TURBO?

Last edited by SYSTEMIZED : 6th March 2017 at 00:28.
Old 26th July 2017, 15:29   #20
BHPian

I have installed a new after market TURBO and it costed me Rs.55,000. Car is running absolutely good but recently on my trip to shimla, I found out that while starting engine, the car is producing black smoke from the exhaust. Is it normal at Hills?

Last edited by SYSTEMIZED : 26th July 2017 at 15:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks