Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2021, 11:10   #121
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
It doesn't get hot but remember the Murphy's law!
Worked like a charm, man! Thanks for the help and this thread. Left it overnight and the car purred like a kitten right now.

Wish I had done this earlier. My ABS / ESP board went kaput last year and I think it was because of the long 2020 lockdown. I also have the Varna Suraksha rat repellent which is a continuous drain on the battery. These cars hate low voltage situations.

Quote:
It is also possible to charge it through cigarette lighter socket if you manage to get cables hooked to cigarette lighter pin - in this case you can leave the charger inside the cabin and lock the doors
Meaning? And how would I connect the charger to the wall socket?
Old 15th June 2021, 11:17   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hey guys, based on the reviews, I've gotten the C7.
GTO, where did you source it from and for how much? Most ecommerce sites are out of stock.
Old 15th June 2021, 11:59   #123
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
GTO, where did you source it from and for how much? Most ecommerce sites are out of stock.
I got it from Amazon, bud!

Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-screenshot-20210615-115855.jpg
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 13:05   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Meaning? And how would I connect the charger to the wall socket?
The power chord still needs to be routed from the car to the wall socket but you will be able to lock the door with the wire coming out. Mercedes hood needs to be slammed shut with a big bang which I hate and I would have preferred to use the cigarette lighter attachment which this charger unfortunately doesn't come with. I love this battery charger widget. I currently open the hood and use the clamps to connect but there are many other neat ways to connect if you have the suitable adapters.

Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-baterycharger.jpeg
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 14:15   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
It is available on boodmo.com

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-batt...hoC7ywQAvD_BwE

Delivery timeline can be late. Order only if you are not in hurry
sagarpadaki is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 13:20   #126
Team-BHP Support

If you guys want immediate jump start without the hassle of jumper cable or searching for power point and waiting 12 hours to top up the battery.

Pls. get this.

Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-pxl_20210606_095505236.jpg

A few of us picked this up from a guy online Torqueblock. https://www.instagram.com/p/CQTiR3KgDo4/

It will not fully charge the battery like the C7. This is more for jump starting instantly especially when travelling.

A jumper cable needs another car nearby to start whereas this is standalone.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 15:58   #127
BHPian

If anyone is interested: I made an IndiaMart enquiry today and found it at a local dealer, KDC Enterprises for Rs.5900 in Chennai. They also have an office in Bombay.
rajagopal_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:49   #128
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, two questions

1. What is your exact sequence of steps for connecting + charging, and while disconnecting?

2. Can the car be started while the charger is still connected? Just started, not moved (obviously).
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:11   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Connect to wall socket, connect postive clamp, connect negative clamp. Turn on wall supply. Press the centre button on C7 till I get the desired mode and leave it on for few hours. I press the centre button to turn it off, then turn off wall supply and then remove the clamps (negative first and then positive).

I have never started the car with battery charger on but I doubt it will create any problem. I have turned on the ignition and accessories etc while it's being charged but never turned on the engine.
androdev is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:14   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, two questions

1. What is your exact sequence of steps for connecting + charging, and while disconnecting?

2. Can the car be started while the charger is still connected? Just started, not moved (obviously).
1. Connect the charging clamps to battery terminals, then turn on the mains and select the mode you wish. Charging begins.

While disconnecting, I first press the button on charger to bring it to home mode. Charging stops then. I then disconnect the charger from mains and then remove the clamps at last.

2. No idea about cranking the car while charging, never tried and hence wouldn't recommend it.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:38   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, two questions

Before charging, connect positive first followed by negative and then plug the charger. After charging, unplug the charger then disconnect negative first followed by positive.

Source: https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.w...harger%3famp=1

Not sure about the second point. Better avoid starting the car with charger connected.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:46   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, two questions

Connecting and disconnecting is simple. I connect first and the switch on. Switching off I din't bother and just unplug the clips.

I wouldn't recommend turning on the car when charging. It may not be a problem as Bosch might have a fail safe but then your alternator then starts generating and gives that to the battery which could trip the charger.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 18:57   #133
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, I am finding that every time I freshly connect the charger, I have to press the mode button again? Wasn't this model of Bosch supposed to remember the last setting? After a recent drive, I just plugged in the charger, made all the connections, switched the power point on and went home. 3 days later, I opened the hood and saw it is in "home" mode.

Why do we have to manually activate it every time we connect? Shouldn't it just remember? Or am I getting something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th July 2021, 19:18   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

I use my charger with multiple cars so I prefer that it starts in standby mode but it certainly remembers and resumes in last used mode under certain circumstance. If you simply turn off the mains and remove the clamps, it will restart in the last used mode upon reconnection. Same thing happens if the power comes back after an outage - it will automatically resume in the last used mode.

It will start in standby mode upon reconnection if you had turned off the charger by using the centre button. It might start in standby mode if the charger has not been used for sometime - I am not sure about this.
androdev is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 16:17   #135
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

What the hell am I doing wrong?

- I have two Varna Suraksha rat repellents attached to my car. Removing them isn't an option & they've been there since I bought the Bimmer.

- Connected the Bosch C7 3 days back.

- Opened bonnet today and this is what I see. Clearly good & full battery right?
Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-20210729-10.40.14.jpg

- But when I start the car, I get this error message. Now, why would I get this message while the car is on trickle charging? Even though the rat repellents are connected, the Bosch C7 is still charging right?

I could tell the car was in 'battery saving' mode when I approached it. All the lights didn't turn on when I unlocked the car, the steering didn't come back down after I started the car and that battery discharge warning popped up on the iDrive.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-20210729-10.41.38.jpg  

GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks