Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2023, 18:19   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
.... detect it as a 6V battery and will cut off charging as soon as the battery voltage is around 6 volts... I had to use an old battery charger to at least pump some charge in the super low batteries till 8V so that the C3 could identify it as a 12V battery...
Here is trick- get another 12v battery (size doesn't matter), or 12v LED driver and put it parallel to the weak battery terminals while connecting the Bosch charger. Latter will "sense" the 12v across terminals and start charging pronto. At this point disconnect the extra aid, Bosch will continue charging. I've fooled the Bosch several times like this :-)

Cheers,
-BJ
bj96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 09:20   #212
BHPian

I have been planning to get the Bosch C7 charger since a long time, but always questioned myself if spending around ₹6000/- was really worth it. Due to some personal reasons my driving has reduced in recent months, and my car remains stationary for upto two weeks sometimes. So I had kept it in my amazon cart. Today just took a look at the price, and I couldn’t believe, it was, rather it is just ₹2742/- for the C7, so for those who were sitting on the fence, now it is the time to get it.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review: Bosch C7 Battery Charger-img_1185.jpeg  

gsratta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 21:12   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
so for those who were sitting on the fence, now it is the time to get it.
So my AGM battery is about 8 yrs old. Original Varta, mercedes branded. Of late the auto stop start is not working and I have been on the fence regarding new battery vs this charger. The resting voltage is 12.8 and dips to 10.9 on cold start. Had reached out to Swastikfabs but they are unable to figure out which battery is installed base on the pics.

Took the plunge yesterday the charger arrived today. It is 2020 packed, but otherwise seemed fine. Disconnected the battery and charged for 4 hrs on regen mode. Auto start stop had started working again but stopped after 3 kms of driving. Guess I will have to buy a new battery.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 17:23   #214
BHPian

The Bosch C7, one of the best car tools has been stolen. It seems that it was taken away by the Dash Cam installation person. I have used it to charge the battery of Ertiga, Interceptor, and Activa. It is a perfect device for any emergency usage.

Do I need to buy the same or can get a local charger (well built and good configuration)?
Please advise if anyone is using a locally assembled car charger.

Most Viewed