Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2017, 13:09   #316
BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Which side and which door?? Also a pic will help a lot.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks for the patience and efforts.
The weather strip is required for Rear Left and Right Window and Front left side Window. The same is available in front right window. Please refer the pictures. for ready reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-wp_20170715_17_44_48_pro.jpg  

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-wp_20170715_17_45_20_pro.jpg  

Old 21st July 2017, 17:35   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
1. Radiator assembly
2. Radiator input and output rubber hoses
3. Heater Core
4. Fuel Injector MPFI(4 nos)

Thanks
Part No: 17700M83F11
Name: RADIATOR ASSY (ZEN MT)
Price: Rs. 2312.8

Part No: 17852M83F00
Name: HOSE RADIATOR INLET (4 V MPFI)
Price: Rs. 63

Part No: 17854M72F20
Name: HOSE RADIATOR OUTLET
Price: Rs. 104.5

If your HVAC is by Subros

Part No: 74120M70F00
Name: UNIT RADIATOR SUB ASSY.
Price: Rs. 2586

If your HVAC is by Delphi

Part No: 74120M70FD0
Name: CORE HEATER ( DELPHI
Price: Rs. 2223.5

Part No: 15710M83F00
Name: INJECTOR ASSY FUEL
Price: Rs. 1622.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Hi Shashi,
Did the 2008 Alto come with a Rubber boot for the Accelerator pedal?
Is yes,

Model Name: Alto 2008
Variant: Lx
Part required: Accelerator Rubber Boot

Or anything else that is compatible.
Can you post a picture of your accelerator pedal, just to be sure??

I think this part should be fine:

Part No: 49451M60B00
Part Name: PAD ACCELERATOR PEDAL
Price: Rs. 7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Is there is a root part number for the antenna of Zen as well? Coz the antenna is not available even for order.
Part No: 39250M70F30
Root Part No: 39250M70F30
Name: ANTENNA ASSY-ZEN
Price: Rs. 582

Part No: 39250M70FD0
Root Part No: 39250M70FD0
Name: ANTENNA ASSY(ZEN 3DOOR)
Price: Rs. 651.5

Do let me know if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgv View Post
Thanks for the patience and efforts.
The weather strip is required for Rear Left and Right Window and Front left side Window. The same is available in front right window. Please refer the pictures. for ready reference.
Would request GV owners to kindly pitch in here. I am confused between the inner and outer weatherstrip. I guess his outer weatherstrip is damaged.

Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 21st July 2017 at 17:44.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 17:32   #318
BHPian

Quote:

Would request GV owners to kindly pitch in here. I am confused between the inner and outer weatherstrip. I guess his outer weatherstrip is damaged.

Shashi

It is just one Horizontol strip on the lower length of each window.
The inner and outer is one thing, the inner rubber breaks away.
I told my MGP dealer for the rear right weather strip, he ordered and I got it in a long cylindrical box.
The part no for the Rear Right Weather strip was 83831-65J00 WeatherStrip, RR Door Out RH
Cost was around 973 for 1 window strip.

Last edited by Styler : 24th July 2017 at 17:37.
Styler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 19:56   #319
BHPian

Hi Shashi,

Can you please provide part numbers for Alto 2007 model?

1. Lower arm (both sides).
2. Rubber beadings/strip present on all four doors.

Thanks in advance.
AnkitAnimesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 23:18   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgv View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
It is just one Horizontol strip on the lower length of each window.
Thanks to BHPian Styler for helping me out.

So the part numbers required by BHPian spgv are:

Part No: 83831-65J00
Name: WEATHERSTRIP RR DOOR OUT RH
Price: Rs. 973

Part No: 83841-65J00
Name: WEATHERSTRIP RR DOOR OUT LH
Price: Rs. 973

Part No: 83821-65J00
Name: WEATHERSTRIP FR DOOR OUT LH
Price: Rs. 899

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitAnimesh View Post
Hi Shashi,

Can you please provide part numbers for Alto 2007 model?

1. Lower arm (both sides).
Part No: 45200M79F11/F20/F21[All 3 have root part number: 45200M79F00]
Name: ARM ASSY FRONT SUSPENSION
Price: Rs. 501/501/501

Quote:
2. Rubber beadings/strip present on all four doors.
Do you mean the door beading or the weather strip?? Request you to post a reference picture.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 24th July 2017 at 23:20.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 14:53   #321
Senior - BHPian

When I checked at an MGP store in Trivandrum (Popular), spark plugs and air filters were not available. As per the shop executive, they'll be able to source these items only after the GST software correction (may take a month). God knows what the real reason is.
Old 25th July 2017, 23:05   #322
BHPian

HI Everyone,

First of all, my sincere thanks to all the people and to team-bhp for the valuable contributions to this thread to ensure that all our question regarding MGP are answered. I was indeed pleasently surprised and awestruck with the detailed information available here.

I Needed help with the power steering sensor of my maruti alto lxi 2012 model BS4 version. It so happened that the power steering light used to come on the dashboard intermittently and the steering used to be heavy and hard, I suspected a loose connection or a blown out fuse. Upon getting it checked at the MASS where I get my car serviced I was told that the sensor has got damaged and the entire system will need to be replaced. The estimate given was Rs 28000/-. To which I said that shall get back to them on the same.

I found out from the MGP stockist near my area and was told that the power steering sensor would cost 7000/-. But said that this may not be returnable and may not always be the culprit. When I checked about the same from the local spare parts shop he quoted that did not have the same and would be required to order the same at the price of 6800/-.

In the meantime I also happened to enquire from the local auto electrician, he said will need to get a few sensors and get it adjusted. Dunno what he meant by it but said will be less than the showroom since I happen to blurt it out to him that the showroom is quoting 28K.

i finally ended up checking out out myself and removed it to find that it was a rectangular box which had some type of circuits in it. Have disconected the same and using the car at the moment as the part is not available now.

Kindly help me with the below queries:-
1. Is it repairable?
2. Why was there a difference in the price between the MASS and the price of the spare part.
3. is this the main part of the Electronic Power steering unit which is responsible for Power steering activation?
4. I was told by the SA at MASS that for each car the coding is different, BUt I checked the numbers mentioned on the unit looked similar.
I would also be attaching the pictures for the kind referral.

Sorry for the long post. Its just that I have been running from Pillar to post with no help.

Thanks and Regards
Sushil Narayanan
Old 26th July 2017, 12:01   #323
BHPian

Shashi,

Firstly let me commend you on this excellent and selfless initiative that you have started. The amount of hard work and time that you have already (and continue to) invest in it is truly praiseworthy.

I had recently got a comprehensive service done for my 2001 MPFi Zen. When it came to cleaning the throttle body, which incidentally had never been opened, it was discovered that the screws had jammed shut. No amount of WD-40, Zorrik 88 or even Throttle Body Cleaning Fluid could twist the screw. Local jugaad led us to heating the part (circled in yellow) and then getting the screws out (indicated by red arrows). On inspection, the treads of two of the four screws had badly deteriorated. My query is :-
  1. Are the screws/ bolts (indicated by red arrows) available as MGP? If yes, part Nos please.
  2. Is the top part (circled in yellow)of the Throttle Body available as a baby part ? If yes, part # and price please?
  3. If not, what is the solution? Buy the whole throttle Body? Part # & Price please?
Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-img_20170726_112142.jpg
Currently I am scouring dealers to provide me with either the screws or the top part while the part of throttle body, now cleaned, is attached with two screws/bolts. Any inputs will be of great help.

In addition, what would be the part #s and prices for the following:-
  • AC Compressor
  • AC Condenser
Both should be Subros make for the 2001 Zen IMO.

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 26th July 2017 at 12:05.
Old 26th July 2017, 13:20   #324
BHPian

@Ironhide
Having three zens with me i can surely suggest some workarounds for the screws, instead of replacing them with screws,please buy allen bolts for the same,reason being its fairly easy to open with allen key and just clean the IAC as the allen key is small and fits easily to open compared to a screwdriver which isn't possible and mandates removal of the throttle body.

whats the issue with your IAC? Is it stuck? if the small spindle isnt moving and jammed then you could try using machine oil and free it. I did the same and it works fine,just requires patience.

Just providing my input.
scorpian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 15:24   #325
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushil_n79 View Post
I Needed help with the power steering sensor of my maruti alto lxi 2012 model BS4 version.
Could you please post a few pictures of the unit? It will greatly help in the diagnosis.
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 17:48   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
@Ironhide
Having three zens with me i can surely suggest some workarounds for the screws, instead of replacing them with screws,please buy allen bolts for the same,reason being its fairly easy to open with allen key and just clean the IAC as the allen key is small and fits easily to open compared to a screwdriver which isn't possible and mandates removal of the throttle body.

whats the issue with your IAC? Is it stuck? if the small spindle isnt moving and jammed then you could try using machine oil and free it. I did the same and it works fine,just requires patience.

Just providing my input.
Thanks for the inputs scorpian - appreciate it !

The Throttle Body in fact was taken out and thoroughly cleaned, including the butterfly spindle, using 3M Throttle cleaner. The problem is of the bolts - four of them that join the part to the throttle body (demarcated in yellow) are not of similar / universal length but match precisely the length of recesses / grooves they sit in. They are just not available in that precise length, hence the quandary.. Otherwise the Throttle is just fine, and the response has been a lot better after cleaning.

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 26th July 2017 at 17:50.
Old 26th July 2017, 20:55   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
HI Everyone,

First of all, my sincere thanks to all the people and to team-bhp for the valuable contributions to this thread to ensure that all our question regarding MGP are answered. I was indeed pleasently surprised and awestruck with the detailed information available here.
Quote:
Shashi,

Firstly let me commend you on this excellent and selfless initiative that you have started. The amount of hard work and time that you have already (and continue to) invest in it is truly praiseworthy.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
When I checked at an MGP store in Trivandrum (Popular), spark plugs and air filters were not available. As per the shop executive, they'll be able to source these items only after the GST software correction (may take a month). God knows what the real reason is.
MGP stores weren't placing new orders before GST, but I guess things have become normal after 5th July.

Quote:
I Needed help with the power steering sensor of my maruti alto lxi 2012 model BS4 version. It so happened that the power steering light used to come on the dashboard intermittently and the steering used to be heavy and hard, I suspected a loose connection or a blown out fuse. Upon getting it checked at the MASS where I get my car serviced I was told that the sensor has got damaged and the entire system will need to be replaced. The estimate given was Rs 28000/-. To which I said that shall get back to them on the same.

I found out from the MGP stockist near my area and was told that the power steering sensor would cost 7000/-. But said that this may not be returnable and may not always be the culprit. When I checked about the same from the local spare parts shop he quoted that did not have the same and would be required to order the same at the price of 6800/-.

In the meantime I also happened to enquire from the local auto electrician, he said will need to get a few sensors and get it adjusted. Dunno what he meant by it but said will be less than the showroom since I happen to blurt it out to him that the showroom is quoting 28K.

i finally ended up checking out out myself and removed it to find that it was a rectangular box which had some type of circuits in it. Have disconected the same and using the car at the moment as the part is not available now.

Kindly help me with the below queries:-
1. Is it repairable?
2. Why was there a difference in the price between the MASS and the price of the spare part.
3. is this the main part of the Electronic Power steering unit which is responsible for Power steering activation?
4. I was told by the SA at MASS that for each car the coding is different, BUt I checked the numbers mentioned on the unit looked similar.
I would also be attaching the pictures for the kind referral.
It's extremely difficult to come to any conclusion from your explanation. Which sensor is that?? Is it the VSS we are talking about?? PS modules malfunction when VSS goes bad. Kindly post the pictures, will surely help you out.

Some parts which can be related to your issue are:

Part No: 38720M79G20
Name: CONTROLLER POWER ST
Price: Rs. 8654

Part No: 48200M79G40
Name: COLUMN ASSY COLLAPS STRG(CEPS)
Price: Rs. 23553

But none of them are worth 28k.

Best procedure will be to take your car to a MASS/or MSM, get SDT hooked, and check the error code and then take steps. Its futile to do guesswork. Don't even allow the SA's to do any guesswork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
[*]Are the screws/ bolts (indicated by red arrows) available as MGP? If yes, part Nos please.[*]Is the top part (circled in yellow)of the Throttle Body available as a baby part ? If yes, part # and price please?[*]If not, what is the solution? Buy the whole throttle Body? Part # & Price please?[/list]
Screws are a part of the throttle body assembly, and I couldn't find separate part numbers for them.See that screw getting selected when the whole Throttle body is being seleted.

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-tb.jpg

The part encircled is the IAC valve I guess(as its showing in my EPC).

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-iac.jpg

Part No: 18137M830B1
Name: VALVE COMP ISC(ESTEEM/ZEN MT)
Price: Rs. 2644.43

Providing price of Throttle body too.

Part Number: 13400M83F10
Name: BODY ASSY THROTTLE(ZEN MT)
Price: Rs. 5890.28

Quote:
[*]AC Compressor[*]AC Condenser[/list] Both should be Subros make for the 2001 Zen IMO.
Some Zens of that vintage also got Delphi as the OEM, so kindly confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Could you please post a few pictures of the unit? It will greatly help in the diagnosis.
+1 to that!!

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 22:39   #328
BHPian

HI Gpa and Shashi

Good Day

Thanks for the prompt response. I understand the long post might have been confusing but the reason for the same to be shared was just to make all my fellow bhpians aware about the situation. I surely appreciate the help and support on the same. Yes the SA had some electronic device hooked to the system to identify the same. when I enquired why such a high proice he said because the dashboard has to be opened. Whereas this sensor is located directly under the steering wheel

I am enclosing the pictures of the power steering sensor unit for the benefit of all.

Thanks and Regards
Sushil Narayanan
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-img_20170618_093849.jpg  

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-img_20170618_093911.jpg  

Old 26th July 2017, 23:08   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
HI Gpa and Shashi

Good Day

Thanks for the prompt response. I understand the long post might have been confusing but the reason for the same to be shared was just to make all my fellow bhpians aware about the situation. I surely appreciate the help and support on the same. Yes the SA had some electronic device hooked to the system to identify the same. when I enquired why such a high proice he said because the dashboard has to be opened. Whereas this sensor is located directly under the steering wheel

I am enclosing the pictures of the power steering sensor unit for the benefit of all.

Thanks and Regards
Sushil Narayanan
According to the part number in the image, it costs Rs. 7,481. I don't think it needs removal of dash. Still, I have forwarded the pics to my SA, and let us wait for what he has to say.

Even if the dash has to be removed, it shouldn't cost you more than a 1000 bucks at the MASS(worst case).

Kindly wait till tomorrow morning.

Regards,
Shashi

Did you take your car to a dealer owned workshop by any chance?? I guess so, looking at their greedy and idiotic response.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 20:01   #330
BHPian

Big Thanks !

Quote:
Screws are a part of the throttle body assembly, and I couldn't find separate part numbers for them.See that screw getting selected when the whole Throttle body is being seleted.

The part encircled is the IAC valve I guess(as its showing in my EPC).

Part No: 18137M830B1
Name: VALVE COMP ISC(ESTEEM/ZEN MT)
Price: Rs. 2644.43

Providing price of Throttle body too.

Part Number: 13400M83F10
Name: BODY ASSY THROTTLE(ZEN MT)
Price: Rs. 5890.28
Thanks Shashi, that was prompt!

The threads of the bolts that go into the IAC valve are worn out. Will try and source them, or else it is replacement IAC Valve for me then. Presently the IAC Valve, after having been taken out and thoroughly cleaned, is attached with all four bolts (of which two have worn out threads). There's no problem in running of the vehicle.

Quote:
Some Zens of that vintage also got Delphi as the OEM, so kindly confirm.
Regards,
Shashi
Will check and revert. Thanks all the same !

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 27th July 2017 at 20:02. Reason: Spelling
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed