Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2019, 11:43   #1006
BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Yes the ones of Swift/Ritz should be significantly cheaper, since they are MGP(Localised).
1. Which car's steering wheel are you interested in?
2. Variant and Generation
1. The Swift steering. But aren’t all of these steering wheels of SX4/Swift/Swift Dzire the same?
If not, what are the differences? (for example, Bluetooth connectivity etc.)
2. The Z variant of the the first generation (with steering mounted audio controls). IIRC, this steering was first introduced in the Swift during the 2008 refresh in the Z variant.

Do provide all the details if possible. It will be greatly useful.
Thanks in advance!
Old 24th June 2019, 21:18   #1007
BHPian

Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Hi Shashi,
I have this brake pads squeaking noise in my WagonR. I had got the pads changed two or three years back from MASS. The new pads, needless to say are of substandard quality and make squeaking noise in summers and monsoon season. In winters, they perform alright. The noise was not there in the old pads.
New pads are of TVS make, if I'm not wrong.

I have got the pads rubbed with sandpapers twice or thrice. The noise vanish just after the rubbing but the issue soon reappears.

Should I get the pads changed? If yes, please suggest a good brand either from OEM Aftermarket or from MGP.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 24th June 2019 at 21:21.
Old 13th July 2019, 21:31   #1008
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, apologies for the delay. Wasn't getting much time from work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis_fowl View Post
2. The Z variant of the the first generation (with steering mounted audio controls). IIRC, this steering was first introduced in the Swift during the 2008 refresh in the Z variant.

Do provide all the details if possible. It will be greatly useful.
Thanks in advance!
Part No: 48110M55K10-GCY
Name: WHEEL S/ASSY STEERING
Price: Rs. 2389

Part No: 37460M55K00-ZML
Name: SWITCH ASSY AUDIO CONTROL
Price: Rs. 879

Part No: 48150M55K11-ART
Name: MODULE ASSY AIRBAG
Price: Rs. 5805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Hi Shashi,
I have this brake pads squeaking noise in my WagonR. I had got the pads changed two or three years back from MASS. The new pads, needless to say are of substandard quality and make squeaking noise in summers and monsoon season. In winters, they perform alright. The noise was not there in the old pads.
New pads are of TVS make, if I'm not wrong.

I have got the pads rubbed with sandpapers twice or thrice. The noise vanish just after the rubbing but the issue soon reappears.

Should I get the pads changed? If yes, please suggest a good brand either from OEM Aftermarket or from MGP.

Thanks.
I had the same experience with MGP brake pads, KBX make and luckily there was a more premium option available in MGP from TVS/Rane IIRC.

After that I tried TVS Apache branded brake pads, they come in 3 grades, Dura, Super and Hyper. Try to get the Super or Hyper grade if possible.

The box and branding looks like this: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4548679 (The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27)

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 20:01   #1009
BHPian

Tvs apache are miles ahead then the oe stuff that maruti sells. Also tvs are way cheaper in price. The bite improvement is very prominent with tvs apache super. However they are way tooo dusty. So much so that its a headache to clean the wheel covers. But the bite is too good.
Would anyday suggest you go with tvs apache. I also notice a slight squealing with the tvs pads but i don't pay attention to it as i am very happy with the performance.
scorpian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 22:50   #1010
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Shashi,

I own a 2011 WagonR k10 VXi. I am planning to upgrade the OE stereo with some 2-din unit and would need a new dashboard fascia. I couldn't find it on Boodmo. Can you help me with the part numbers for the fascia and few other items:

1. Dashboard fascia around the stereo.

2. AC Vent - LHS

3. Day/night mirror from the refreshed model

4. Gear knob. Is it easy to replace? The current one is scratched.

Also there a way to relocate the power socket from its default location? Currently its directly where my left knee resides. If I chuck in a charger with a cable, they brush against my knee. It makes me uncomfortable and also gives a fear of breaking the socket.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 18:57   #1011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Hi Shashi,

I own a 2011 WagonR k10 VXi. I am planning to upgrade the OE stereo with some 2-din unit and would need a new dashboard fascia. I couldn't find it on Boodmo. Can you help me with the part numbers for the fascia and few other items:

1. Dashboard fascia around the stereo.
Can anyone help me with my queries in the previous post, especially the dashboard fascia or faceplate details for a WagonR K10? I want to order a new stereo and am waiting for a confirmation.

Thanks in advance!
Ashis
Old 19th July 2019, 19:14   #1012
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone help me with my queries in the previous post, especially the dashboard fascia or faceplate details for a WagonR K10? I want to order a new stereo and am waiting for a confirmation.

Thanks in advance!
Ashis
Here you go: The fascia is 73821M67L00-5PK and it costs some 55 odd rupees. The IRVM is 84703M75J12-6GS. Not sure which AC vent you're referring to. Couldn't search for the right gear lever since there is a black one on the face lift and silver on the earlier model.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 00:44   #1013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Here you go: The fascia is 73821M67L00-5PK and it costs some 55 odd rupees. The IRVM is 84703M75J12-6GS. Not sure which AC vent you're referring to. Couldn't search for the right gear lever since there is a black one on the face lift and silver on the earlier model.
Thanks. Till now I was searching on Boodmo for parts for my VXI model(which has an integrated stereo) while I needed the parts from LXI.

I have placed the order for the fascia and a slew of other interior parts as well!

Any thoughts on how I could potentially relocate the 12V socket and will it be a good idea?
Old 20th July 2019, 07:57   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Also there a way to relocate the power socket from its default location? Currently its directly where my left knee resides. If I chuck in a charger with a cable, they brush against my knee. It makes me uncomfortable and also gives a fear of breaking the socket.
Hahaha, the downside of having tall legs! My knee would brush against the charger and it would get disconnected too. My previous charger was one of those that came with pre-attached cables, hence the charger body itself extended quite a bit out of the 12V socket. To solve this issue, I just bought one of those small chargers that come with USB ports, where you have to plug in an external USB cable to charge your phone. Now the charger fits flush in the socket, and just the cable extends out. Even if my knee brushes against the cable, it doesn't get disconnected. Problem solved!
You could try out this method for a day or two. Someone you know would have one of those small chargers. This is what I'm talking about. I don't have the exact same one but should give you an idea of the size.

Afaik, the power socket can be relocated anywhere but that would require drilling an extra hole to accommodate it. Also, it would leave a gaping hole in its existing location. Why don't you leave the existing socket as it is, and just get a new one wherever you want?

Last edited by boniver : 20th July 2019 at 08:15.
boniver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 18:15   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Dear Shashi,
Could you please let me know the part number and price for the front and rear bumper of a 2009 Maruti Swift VDi.
Much appreciated.

Last edited by bigron : 22nd July 2019 at 18:16.
Old 22nd July 2019, 18:46   #1016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Dear Shashi,
Could you please let me know the part number and price for the front and rear bumper of a 2009 Maruti Swift VDi.
Much appreciated.
Front:

x=
Part No: 71711M75J10
Name: BUMPER FRONT SWIFT
Price: Rs. 2200

y=
Part No: 71711M74K00-5PK
Name: BUMPER FRONT (BLACK)
Price: Rs. 2450

Rear:

x=
Part No: 71811M75J00
Name: BUMPER REAR
Price: Rs. 2050

y=
Part No: 71811M75JA0
Name: REAR BUMPER
Price: Rs. 2200

X = First gen Pre facelift

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-usedcar_8482683a_e806_4833_8f27_1c1ec2f2b025_18421541839528_1541839638.jpg

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-marutisuzukiswiftrearview.jpg

Y= First gen facelift(Notice the minor changes)

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-img_0777_1.jpg

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-img_0056_1.jpg

Since yours is a 2009 model, it should have facelifted bumpers.But you can install prefacelift also without any issue if you wish.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 19:16   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Thank you so much for answering this so thoroughly.
Yes, I notice the subtle differences in the two variations now. Frankly, I was unaware that there were two variations and will pick what ever is readily available locally. Since they both will fit I assume the fog lamp placement remains the same despite a difference in design.
Thanks again.

Last edited by bigron : 22nd July 2019 at 19:17.
Old 22nd July 2019, 19:31   #1018
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Thank you so much for answering this so thoroughly.
Yes, I notice the subtle differences in the two variations now. Frankly, I was unaware that there were two variations and will pick what ever is readily available locally. Since they both will fit I assume the fog lamp placement remains the same despite a difference in design.
Thanks again.
Placement would remain same but bezels and grill are different.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 10th August 2019, 01:32   #1019

Hi Sashi,

Thank you for your support to all of us.I have Swift ZXi Type 1 and recently met with an accident.The air bags were deployed and the mechanic informed that the steering assembly needs to be replaced and it has to be the complete set and costs about 30K.Request your support for the Steering Assembly and Airbags replacement cost and whether its worth sepnding the amount on the vehicle.

Thanks.
Old 10th August 2019, 02:40   #1020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_V View Post
Hi Sashi,

Thank you for your support to all of us.I have Swift ZXi Type 1 and recently met with an accident.The air bags were deployed and the mechanic informed that the steering assembly needs to be replaced and it has to be the complete set and costs about 30K.Request your support for the Steering Assembly and Airbags replacement cost and whether its worth sepnding the amount on the vehicle.

Thanks.
Sorry to know about your crash. Did your Swift get steering mounted audio controls?

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks